Federal-Mogul Powertrain Employee Reviews

Found 865 reviews matching the search See all 1,433 reviews
tray washer
tray washer (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAApril 23, 2019
cleaned trays for ford chrysler. toyota...cleaned area, logged work stacked trays on crates..worked overtime put stickers on trays..loved doing this job cleaned the washer out and drains
Hot and very expensive healthcare
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Van Wert, OHApril 19, 2019
They do a bait and switch job during the hiring process. They tell you all these nice benefits and great pay. Then once your 90 days are up they put you on obamacare and make you pay $114 a week for insurance. And after union dues you basically making below poverty wage.
Pros
Cons
Obamacare, high union dues
fast paced
Preform Operator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 18, 2019
It was a fast paced company to work for. Competitive wages for the area. Everyone worked together.You had the opportunity to work overtime if you desired.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
employee talked bad about the company and caused the company to closed.
A change should happen with Supervisors and Managers
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 16, 2019
A typical work day could vary, poor communication between the shifts made it difficult to be on one accord. Management in my opinion didn't listen well and its a ' who you know type of environment', the culture of the workplace could improve but first you must start at the head of the company. Too many long seniority employees in the positions and not trying to improve anything within the company, its just a job to them and it shows. The hardest part of the job is getting an understanding with workers.
Did not like the work environment
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, MNApril 15, 2019
The job is very stressful and competitive. The tensions between the shop and management was the main reason for leaving. My coworkers on the shop floor were the best.
I enjoyed working there. Except Working every single Saturday
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville miApril 15, 2019
I quit because I thought I was getting a better Paying job But found out after training was done I was lied too And now wish I was back at Federal Mogul
Production
Operator- Premium Blade Assembler (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INApril 15, 2019
Started as a temp and was hired full time on the contract end date.
Moved from a labor grade 4 to a labor grade 9 in less than a year.
Took a decent severance package when they downgraded.
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
Be careful
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 13, 2019
The reasons for being careful are not safety related by any means. Be careful who you buddy up with and careful about whom you eat lunch with or go to break with. Starting with Human Resources.......continuing through Quality Control and top and middle management, there are clicks of people of authority who know nothing of their job duties or even business standards and ethics. Labor laws and legislation have been thrown out the door at the Athens plant. Missing 5 days a year will have you in the unemployment line tomorrow. People get written up and even terminated for actions that these people with authority have done. IF YOU WANT TO TRULY DO THE RIGHT THINGS IN LIFE.........DO NOT APPLY FOR ANY JOB HERE!!!!!!! I PROMISE YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Not enough room to start with the cons.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 11, 2019
Good place to work. Great room for advancement. non-typical schedule with 12 hour work days and 2-on/2-off, 3-on/3-off weekly schedule. Difficult work/life balance.
Poor training / poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 11, 2019
You're thrown until positions with little training and are expected to find your own way. Management had turned over quite a bit in the last 2 years. HR seems to run management, and they aren't very approachable.
Pros
Pay, overtime, benefits, retirement matching
Cons
No proper training, management turnover
Company closed
Ring Split & Grind Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIApril 10, 2019
Very good place to work. Excellent co-workers! Pay was very good for the time! Hired back after lay-off. Management and supervisors were ok. Trainers were very knowledgeable. Company closed shortly after lay-offs.
Factory Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAApril 10, 2019
The hours and shifts are a bit un manageable but it is a good place to work. 10 shifts, 12 hour days sometimes 7 days a week. If you have a work ethic this is the place for you
Great entry level in auto industry
INVENTORY CONTROL-MATERIAL ANALYST/COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 7, 2019
Fast paced and challenging at times
always something to do
everybody there is great to work with and ready to help you at any given time

you felt very accomplished after completing tasks and projects
Pros
opportunity to learn a lot
Cons
sometimes you have to work late
Going downhill every second.....
Msr (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAApril 6, 2019
Use to be the best job you could have in cambridge Ohio.... Now it's the job you want to leave. We're a union based company and you pay union dues every month for nothing. No one has your back on any level. No one has any respect for you or the work you do. Its drama filled the company turns you against the other workers by forcing overtime on the "newest" people while other willing bodies refuse the work. So they can work 40 hours and u can work 60+ and no one cares that you also have a life outside of the job. Now fighting for a new contract....company wants to take take take and not give anything at all. For the work and hours the employees do we should not have to worry about the co.pany taking anything. We work for every little thing we actually get, we earned what we have and now they want to take it all away. Theres no way you could work and survive off the contract they want us to take.... I would not wish this place on my worst nightmare.
Pros
Ill let you no when i find one
Cons
Long hours, No life, Union dues for nothing, Bullcrap drama
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNApril 3, 2019
Very good place to work for. Very easy going supervisors. Fast paced and very rewarding. Hard work required. Getting all of my parts out on time and when needed
N/a
Seasonal Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 2, 2019
I operated mold producing machinery for parts in an automotive industry at Federal Mogul. I Promoted company safety procedures to increase productivity and I was proactive with quality parts using close inspection of each part before shipping. I was a very fast paced environment and the work was sometimes strenuous.
Would not reccomend
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 1, 2019
Toxic environment with a lot of drug addicts, take your pick. Come to work high, get high in the parking lot on all breaks. Supervisors turn the other way.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many to name
stressful place
Press Operator, (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALMarch 27, 2019
The job pays pretty good for what we do. The supervisors on the floor are rude and unprofessional. They belittle you and you profanity when addressing you
Pros
benefits from day 1
Cons
poor management team
was a good start
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Waupun, WIMarch 25, 2019
You start there with great expectations, but the lack of apprecation for employees, and the sheer lack of employees, cause you to have to work so much it drains you, and when you work so hard to advance and get no where, making you hate going to work everyday. When they finally see that you are fed up thats when they try to make an effort, but by then it is too late for most. The fact that the pay is not competitive is also an issue, but they do not think it is an issue.
Design engineer (Former Employee) –  Texas, el pasoMarch 25, 2019
Good place to work, manufacturing center focus on lean, design center great support for innovation, test laboratory equipment, new product introduction.
Pros
hours
Cons
held care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal-Mogul Powertrain. Our community is ready to answer.