Play YouTube video button
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
83High

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Employee Reviews

United States711 reviews
Featured review
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) selected this as a representative review
It is a great place to work. A very family friendly environment with great pay & benefits. The things you experience are awesome. One day you could be in an airplane doing surveillance of a subject to an illegal narcotic trafficking organization and the next day you could be interviewing a high-profile elected official. It's not just a career, but a calling. You go home every day feeling like you’re making a difference.
Pros
The experiences you have
Cons
The agent provides on the job training virtually and classroom. Their benefits are great and your job position will always be their if you respect and follow the guidelines and policy of the agency.
Pros
Transportation Subsidiary
Cons
parking downtown is a problem
A typical day would be anywhere from a slow start to a rapid place work environment that has it's peaks and valleys. I learned how to work closely with both efficient and challenging co-workers, as well as, a supporting management staff. The workplace culture brings a unique energy with people who have varying levels of expertise in their field. The hardest part of the job is not seeing a particular mission through due to circumstances beyond anyone's control that can effect others negatively. In turn, the most enjoyable part of the job is being successful in completing a mission wherein others are impacted in a positive way.
Pros
Having a positive impact within the Bureau, as well as, externally with others.
Cons
I have no Cons with my current position.
This job is good if you want to travel, work long hours, and be in the center of things. However, they expect you to make this job your life. Family is not a priority, there is no work life balance. You must be willing to move every few years if you wish to advance.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No work life balance
responsible for transporting passengers by car, van, shuttle, or charter bus to various government and commercial buildings and agencies throughout tri-state area also will operate private Agency bus charters beyond the metropolitan as needed and perform administrative functions that include answering telephones, preparing accident and/or incident reports, and completing accurate arrival and departure time logs.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Considering the end result as perfect, some workers did not make it perfect. Some supervisors were not experience enough at their job and the seriousness of what they had to do..
The FBI trains each individual for maximum potential to ensure success in the service to the United States by upholding federal statutes through investigation of suspected crimes. It is an autonomous and rewarding position for those who are self-motivated, professional, and dedicated to the FBI motto of fidelity, bravery, and integrity.
Good job, good work experience.. Inclusive and easy to work with staff. Flexible work hours and a well run organization. It was a nice part time job and met a lot of interesting people.
Great organization but since 45 has been in office, he has tarnished imagine of the organization. Far different in management styles than my military career. Management at different levels can't be trusted because too focus on self and not the employees. All boils down to leadership.
It's a good job with a good mission. You will work with many amazing people. The quality of life is good, there are lots of travel opportunities. They have lots of different opportunities to work on interesting things.
This can vary depending on division, section, unit and supervisor. There are several benefits available from student loan assistance, transportation, mentorship, trainings, etc.
The work has no sense of purpose. The leadership doesn’t know what their doing better yet the direction they need to go so they can’t lead anyone. There’s always a state of confusion of the tasks how to

execute them
Pros
It was close to my house
Cons
Leadership doesn’t understand their own job
Stable, by the book, good employment. Learn management, investigation, as well as adjudication. As a manager you work with individuals with different backgrounds and mind sets. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have vetted the best individuals for the job.
I recommend this agency for growth and career development. There have been many advancements over the years that will equip new personnel with the right tools they need for their future.
Mission critical employment, responsible for National Security, counter terrorism, counter intelligence and investigation of major criminal enterprises.
The FBI is a Federal Agency where you developed your Investigative skills and abilities. Every day is something different and challenging. You are trained at all basics of the Criminal Investigations.
Exciting and ever changing work environment, travel and challenges are frequent. Once you start the sky is the limit as to how far in management you want to rise. Also, new assignments are available for a very diverse experience.
After separating from the Air Force I found the level of professionalism and proficiency in this agency to be on par with the highest standards of operational readiness I have ever been exposed to.
My typical day at work was maintaining the equipment and vehicles for my division. Excessing, transferring, and moving equipment throughout the division. Management where very helpful as well. Coming to work and interacting with my co-workers where enjoyable.
The best thing about working at the FBI before I retired was the sense of purpose I got every day. I always knew what I was doing was important and needed.
Pros
The people I worked with were top notch.
Cons
Long hours and red tape.
I was a Special Agent of the FBI for 25 years. I worked cases the whole time - never went the supervisory route. I moved around a lot (New Orleans, Montana, Idaho, New Mexico, and Colorado) and mostly worked violent crime I worked with and for a few asshats, but mostly my peers and bosses were great people. Retired now. As the saying goes: I don’t miss the circus, but I do miss the clowns
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).