Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Happiness rating is 78 out of 100

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Houston, TX14 reviews

Its a job

I enjoyed my time there and hope to return to this environment at a different location growth opportunities a fast pace and slow paced work enviroment

Meaningful

Competitive environment and highly rewarding. Initiative goes a very long way. You're identified by the work you do. Global opportunities if you want. Collaboration with others is key to overall success.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Support

You would think working for the FBI people would have high ethics but I came to realize working for them was like working for any other place with low standards.

Pros

Class trainings

Cons

the people are back stabbing cut throat

Productive as well as challenging.

The position as a Special agent for the Bureau is one of constant change. The different challenges include the management of cases with fast paced changes due to ever constant life events. The pace and the direction of many of the cases are dictated by the situation, informant, or accident. Working a long term investigation can be challenging but can also be very rewarding.There is constant communication with Headquarters as well as other Federal agencies as the Attorney's offices, local law enforcement agencies.The work is difficult due to bureaucracy, but rewarding when criminals are placed behind bars.

Pros

Fast paced

Cons

Bureaucracy

Great Job

Excellent career,very challenging and rewarding. The day to day work is never the same and changes based on your assignment. There are over 300 Federal Violations to investigate.

Very stimulating place to work

I was able to work on a variety of cases in Houston and other states. I dealt with various employees in the FBI and other agencies. I was able to get training in various areas related to my position as Financial Analyst.

Career at the FBI

Working for the FBI or over 26 years, I have grown both personally and professionally. The FBI offers a very dynamic work environment where you have to be flexible and adaptable and willing to work complex investigations.

Pros

Dynamic work environment, ever-changing threat landscape.

Cons

Bureaucratic policies or administrative burdens can be taxing.

gret place to work at

if you like taking it easy at work, then you will like this employer. You also get a lot of vacation, paid sick days and holidays off

Absolutely one of the best jobs anyone could have.

Dynamic work environment with tremendous opportunities for advancement and travel. Exciting work place with highly motivated people all willing to sacrifice their lives for the overall safety of the American people. Significant career opportunities within several investigative programs such as, white collar crime, criminal, cyber, counterterrorism, domestic terrorism and counterintelligence.

Pros

Training and federal health benefits

Summer internship

Checked in with my supervisor each day and then just completed various tasks. We were able to visit different security sites which was fun and engaging. It gave me insight into future employment opportunities.

Jobs at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

in Houston, TX
See more jobs

Work Atmosphere

The work atmosphere for the Administrative group is set for the day but does not provide any room for creativity. This is dictated by senior management due to guidelines established by F.B.I. The skills learned while working in the Administrative group is not applicable to most civilian employment areas. The Co-Workers are, for the most part, friendly and provide assistance if needed.

Pros

Ample time off and benefits

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement.

Premier law enforcement agency with excellent career opportunities and benefits

As a language specialist, I was able to use my native fluency in Spanish to translate a variety of materials from Spanish to English for use in criminal investigations. It was a tremendously rewarding career which allowed me to hone my time management skills to work well independently. My co-workers were equally dedicated to their individual assignments, and it was particularly gratifying to collaborate with them on major case projects. For 12 years, it was my privilege to have been a part of the FBI, an organization which truly exemplifies the core values of Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity.

Outstanding work environment providing many new and exciting experiences

This was the best job I have ever had. It was never boring, always challenging and above all I was part of a team that helped the community and nation in countless ways.

Exciting career with many surprises.

An exciting career. Some days are mundane and others are all out exhilirating. Have had several roles throughout my career to include investigating Foreign Counter Intelligence, Counter Terrorism, Drug Investigations, Participating in Undercover scenarios to make a case. I have been the Security Officer for the San Juan and Houston Division of the FBI. As a certified Hostage and Crisis Negotiator, I traveled around the world, with our team and together we were able to save some lives. I have learned to be flexible and expect the unexpected, to work with management to obtain desired results and working with co-workers both at the support and agent levels. The hardest part of the job is feeling that you can always do more and trying to do more withing time and legal constraints. The most enjoyable part of my job has been working with others and seeing the results at the end, such as prosecuting a case and putting someone in jail.

Pros

meeting interesting individuals such as judges and other law enforcement personnel.

Cons

the danger of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) with

Learn about Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Houston, TX

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?