Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Employee Reviews

4.7
Ratings breakdown
Allows you to grow as an individual.
Financial Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2018
The FDIC is an independent agency that preserves and promotes public confidence in the U.S. financial system by insuring deposits in NA banks. A great institution to work for!
Excellent Place to Work as far as Benefits and Opportunity
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2018
Work environment dependent on job and management. Excellent opportunities to work in different areas other than original area to which you were hired. May work with Executives to regular employees.
Pros
Benefits and multiple opportunities
Cons
Environmenmt dependent on management and certain divisions.
Exceptional place of employment
Commercial Banking, Auditor, Commercial (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2018
Performed assigned bank examination duties at nationwide financial institutions. Opportunity to use a wealth of discipline experiences derived from commercial banking experiences.
Pros
Secure Government employment
Cons
Extensive travel
In general good place to work with exceptional benefits..
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2018
Good work life balance
Exceptional Compensation/Benefits
Generally good Job/security; and advancement dependent on area.
Management in general good
Culture good dependent on External factors
Pros
Nice facilities and reimbursement
Cons
Dependent on external politics
Good Benefits
Compliance Examiner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2017
Great benefits, vacation pay, 401K. The hardest part of the job is that it's mostly travel. Very demanding workload and training schedule. Workplace culture is good.
Loved This Agency
Information Security and Privacy (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 5, 2017
It's a great place to work. It's hard to become permanent if you're not a veteran, just like any other government agency. If I am able to get back in there, I would.
Great experience
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 24, 2017
Worked as an intern and worked my way up to a Specialist level. Plenty of training and hands-on experiences. Everyone is willing to help you when needed. Great networking experience in various departments as well.
Pros
Work-Life Balance; best benefits I've ever came across in the federal goverment
Great Place to Work
Financial Institution Specialist (IL) (Current Employee) –  Princeton, ILSeptember 21, 2015
The FDIC is a great place to work with a very important mission. Great people, experience, and working environment. I was given many advancement opportunities.
Great place to work for!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Opportunities were fantastic during the bank failure period. Positions were eliminated due to work load decrease. Would love the opportunity to resume employment with this agency!
Pros
Great Benefits / Salary
Cons
Temporary work ended
Excellent
Sr. Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Great company to work for excellent benefits and compensation that provided advancement and the opportunity to take on management positions.
Excellence in personal developement
Audit, Fraud, Resolution & Receivership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Best place for personal growth.

It not the day to day doldrums, everyday is a new game day.

Best career if you elect to follow the path to success.
Pros
Road Warrior
Cons
Road Warrior
A Multi-Year Assignment that was Very Interesting Work!
Resolutions & Receivership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2014
I have nothing but great things to say about working for the FDIC. The work in our ORE dept at the temporary Irvine CA office included an array of services & projects dominated by 1) staffing & completing numerous out of state bank receivership events and 2) while back in the office we reviewed and approved the sales contracts for the failed bank ORE we liquidated. I completed 23 jobs in 13 states with 0 missed meetings or flights. I enjoyed working with my co-workers both in the office and at the out of state projects. The travel was enjoyable for me. The need for our services was well known to be a temporary project. The FDIC was kind enough to give us an 11 month "heads up" that the office would be closing. Our Irvine office was open for about 3 years and I was fortunate to be there for 33 months. Most of the employees were not retained for additional work as the primary task of dealing with failed banks was successfully completed. I am still in touch with my FDIC manager and many prior co-workers.
Pros
Nice co-workers, great office facility & travel, and interesting work.
Cons
Not Many - Good Experience for me
Good work and smart colleagues. No room to advance
Counsel (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2014
The work is relevant and high profile. My colleagues are very intelligent and experienced. The hardest part of the job is the prospect for advancement. A lot of employees are older and biding their time until retirement. The younger employees do most of the day to day work.
Pros
Challenging work, Great cafeteria, smart collegaues, balance
Cons
Slow decision making, politics, lack of permanent positions (most new hires are terms)
Great place to work overall
Intern (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 22, 2014
Great place to work. Job security, great work life balance, and friendly culture.
Third Time Around
Resolutions and Receivership Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2014
This is my third time to work for the FDIC. The work is fulfilling knowing that you are helping the countries economic standard. The thing I like most about the FDIC is the people I work with. They are without a doubt the most helpful, happy people you could ever meet.
Pros
The flexible hours we are allowed to work
Cons
The fact that it is not a permanent position, after 12 years I am still considered a term appointee
Excellent Employer
Resolutions & Receivership Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Outstanding group to work for. Rated the best government agency for two years in a row.
Cons
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 7, 2013
Enjoyed and had the opportunity to show my skills and ability at this location.
Detailed research done before financial institution's liquidation activities
Specialist Pro Forma Support HQ Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2013
Always a team effort/input from various areas - legal/financial/I T etc
Long productive hours for benefit of communities that had financial institutions that failed. Traveled to various states. Met with people from all walks of life
Pros
worked with professional from various professions attorneys, appraisers, accountants, bank presidents and vice presidents.
Cons
n/a
Excellent agency to develop additional skills.
(Investigations Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2013
I truly enjoy working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). It has been a remarkable journey learning the closing process of failed financial institutions. My current role along with my multiple years of banking experience provides me a well-rounded perspective of the financial industry.

I am so fortunate to have been extended the opportunity to be employed with FDIC and also to have been a part of the team that assisted with stabilizing the current financial crisis.
Pros
investigations is truly a unique and exciting field.
Cons
this is a term position.
Important work for the public good that gives me personal satisfaction.
Manager - Contracts and Leases Unit (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2013
Review loan pools for oversight structure, credit management policies and procedures perform risk mitigation analysis. Proficient at creating and analyzing proformas, CAP Rates, ROI, ROA, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, Book Values GAAP reviews, Debt Service Coverage Ratios (DSCR), vacancy and absorption calculations and general business expertise.
Sitting Voting Member on Credit Review Committee (CRC 1) hearing cases and approving authority on offers in compromise, asset sales, write offs, litigation strategy, loss mitigation analysis.
In 2010 I liquidated/dissolved and retired in excess of $650 million dollars of debt to the FDIC as Receiver. In addition I up streamed an additional $200 million dollars of dividends to the FDIC as Receiver through my various Account Officer assignments. Liquidation types include Single Family Residential, Condominiums, Commercial, Industrial, Developed and Vacant Real Estate, Securities, multiple on-going Business Entities.
Pros
i enjoy the work.
Cons
office will be closing.