Federal Home Loan Bank Employee Reviews

Worst team ever encountered
IT Governance/ Risk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2018
The poorest demonstration of leadership ever witnessed. Lack of vision. High turnover. Managers not versed in the areas where they were responsible. Passive aggressive environment.
Monotonous, difficult to collaborate, good compensation
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2018
The role paid very well, however, there were many situations where management was disrespectful. The department I worked in was paper based and most of my time was spent trying to get the files scanned in and organized.
Come in and do your job with little supervision
Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioFebruary 4, 2018
Answer phones and take customers request for wire transfer and key into AS400. Management was ok to work for. Workplace was relaxed not standing over you watching everything. Was not really a hard part to the job and was an enjoyable place to work Mathc 401k
Pros
You got 12 sick days a year which carried over if not used.
God place to learn and grow professionally
Systems & Programming Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10003November 5, 2017
Worked as a programmer analyst and was eventually promoted to manager with a team of 8 programmers. Professional courses were encouraged and paid for totally by the company. 80% of college tuition was paid if an employee wanted to obtain or further their college education.
Pros
An employee could take as many technical-enhancing courses he could handle if related to a project, such course paid for by the company
Cons
9-5 was strictly enforced to ensure no burnout, deadlines would slip due to adherence to the time frame
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2017
I was an intern so I can't speak for permanent workers, but i really enjoyed my time there the other IT team members were always willing to help out and team work was emphasized.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Boring on occasion
Productive and collaborative work place
San Francisco, CA - Applications Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2017
Manager supportive, colleagues collaborative, and job satisfactory. Te management provided the tools and the learning curve for new technologies and advancement.
Pros
Nurturing workplace, work-life balance
Cons
No parking in downtown San Francisco, have to commute.
Risk Avoidance is #1
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2017
Two things are absolutes at FHLBI, be ready for change and avoid risk at all costs. Those concepts govern most every role and are part of the culture. Not a bad place to work, but expect to follow procedure to a T and more of a wash, rinse, repeat type job generally speaking. If you are looking for a slower paced role that doesn't require 80 hours a week this is the right spot.
Great People
Sr. IT System Analyst/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Great people and great managers, no pressure. Always try to adopt new technologies. They are one the first companies who adopted Agile Methodologies across whole company.
Great work environment and respectful management.
SOX Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 22, 2017
Great work environment and respectful management. Culture from the top down was very positive and they take their work seriously, while also providing great work/life balance.
Productive and a fun workplace. Very appreciative and skilled professionals.
DBA Intern (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 20, 2017
FHLBDM has a very productive work environment. The work that you put in is valued and you can see that you are adding value to the team as well as the bank itself.

This place has helped me grow both personally and professionally.
Excellent work/life balance
Java Application Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 4, 2017
FHLB of Des Moines has excellent work/life balance. My team was amazing, very friendly and always ready to help colleagues. Management was supportive.
Na
Business Process Re-Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 30, 2017
The environment is generally great.It is a good place to work for. Lot of lateral movement. Freedom to work. Pay is low. Generally good atmosphere. Good .
no review
Senior Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2017
I do not have a review for this firm. If someone wants my overview of this job or my role, they can contact me. In other cases, I have nothing to add other than it was an investment and risk management firm.
This was a awesome learning experrince.
Shareholder Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2016
I absolutely love the work that I do here. We have some of the best shareholders in the country. I love the interaction that I have with them on the phone. This job has taught me patience with showing shareholders how to use our system and taught me new ways of helping someone find what they need to make their jobs easier.
Pros
OUr Shareholders
Cons
Sometimes Feeling like you dont have a voice.
Amazing place to work and grow. 5*****
ASSOCIATE NETWORK ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2016
The management at Federal Home Load is amazing everyone is treated with honor and respect, and fair. Awesome place to work for.
Pros
The offer the BEST benefits in the market.
Cons
No parking
Secure environment and great corporate culture
Business Requirements Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at FHLB Atlanta from 2004-2006. I learned a lot and honed by business analyst skills with that firm. The compensation was great and I enjoyed working with everyone that i worked with. My only issue was management, specifically my direct supervisor. A lot of people before me experienced issues working with her, but she had been with the company for 13 years before I got there and she was brilliant. I didn't complain about her behavior and attitude because I knew that my time there was short. But, besides that, the company was a great place to work with a flexible environment.
Pros
Generous leave policy, great benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
Flat structure
PM (Former Employee) –  DSMMay 18, 2016
Can not provide review of the company where the job was or job profile at this time.
This would not be acceptable or appropriate
Fun employee centric environment
Affordable Housing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 12, 2016
Lots of employee social events surrounding theme holidays. Fun, food and live entertainment often occur year round for employee appreciation.

Convenient employee exercise center, employee free health screening, great insurance and promotion opportunities.
Pros
Great work environment, great benefit
Cons
High pace, competitive environment
Good environment lower pay
IT Security & Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 16, 2015
good people to work for but pay is lower than most places and raises are few and very small. actually more proactive than most banking institutions.
Contract Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2015
Great place to work. I enjoyed my time there.
This should not be mandatory. I should b able to choose to give detail of my work there so I am stopping at saying that I enjoyed my work there.