Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Employee Reviews

Old school, white men. Women are not empowered
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 1, 2019
The COO has worked at the bank for over 40 years and literally drives the tone of a negative culture, particularly harsh on women. Instills fear and is a passive bully.

The majority of leadership has been at the fed 20+ years with very little minorities in leadership roles. One female senior leader on top floor and she's Human Resources, all others are secretaries.
Pros
none if you are new to the org
Cons
Bully COO
Associate Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2019
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (aka The Fed) is a wonderful place in which to work. The employees are friendly, the benefits are outstanding, and the work is diverse and interesting.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement and 401K matching
Cons
Comfortable and welcoming workplace. Laid- back atmosphere. Many properties available.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2019
FRB was a really big building and things could get confusing at times what with the delivering mail thing. However people were always ready to help and to guide us interns no matter our troubles. They also had classes for the interns to take to learn more about working in professional environments and all the things that come with that.
Nice place
Paid Electrical Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2019
Had to wear uniform, replaced light bulbs in the building. Learned some things from the electricians, but not enough to want to become one. Work place was great. Loved the lunchroom.
Passive aggressive
Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2019
The FED would be great except management is passive aggressive when it comes to work life balance. They allow employees one work from home day a week but management will frown on it when you take advance of this benefit. Also a lot of favoritism in certain departments. If you’re not kissing butt to the right people you won’t last long!
Pros
Gym
Cons
Passive aggressive, favoritism, sneaky
Productive, fun, innovative
Administrative Associate Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2019
I've worked at the Bank for 3 years as an Intern, when I got the internship there I did not know much English but all my bosses and coworkers helped, now I speak a very fluent English. I learn a little bit from every area at the Bank and I have so many contacts that I can recur to if I ever need something.

I recommend this place if you are really looking to join the business field and learn from different people.
Pros
great people, great please, encouraging
Cons
Very healthy environment to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 10, 2019
People who work together are very nice and friendly. People have brilliant vision and good team work attitude. Among different department, cooperation is showing a good culture of this company.