Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Employee Reviews

Facility Operator Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 26, 2018
Overall good place to work with great benefits. I enjoy working there and am planning on retiring from the bank. Pays well and cares about it's workers.
On Point
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2018
Important mission. Work / Life Balance and Benefits are major positives. In process of updating interior office space with some floors completed. Decision making cumbersome.
Pros
Work / Life Balance
Cons
Slow Decision Making
Good place to work and learn about the banking industry
Senior Assistant Bank Examiner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 23, 2018
As a Bank Examiner you travel extensively. You are exposed to many different Banks and their operations. You evaluate the Banks loan portfolios as well as the overall financial strength of the Banks. An excellent place to build a career ot begin a career in Private Banking.
Pros
Good pay, working conditions and opportunity
Cons
Extensive travel
Good people to work with. The team worked well together.
LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMay 2, 2018
Internal and external teams worked well together. Sometimes the bureaucracy of a business affiliated with the federal government got in the way of simple business needs. Overall, the comradery made the days worthwhile.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Silo-effect by some department heads
A great place to work with great benefits
Check Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2018
The Federal Reserve Bank has been in Cleveland since 1920's. I worked the third shift in check processing. Great people to work with and I learned a lot. Some of the people have been there for 15, 20 or more years.
Pros
Great pay when you are there a while with terrific benefits.
Cons
Some things are outdated and obsolete.
Reliable company to work for with good benefits and advancement opportunities.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2018
A typical day at the Fed began at 8:00 AM with a morning 10 minute break, hour lunch, and and afternoon 10 minute break. Close of business was at 5 PM. There were days where overtime work was needed in the Check Collection Department but it was not a usual practice. I learned to prioritize my workload and juggle requests from multiple people. The culture of the workplace was all business, yet allowed for social interaction during meetings, breaks, and after hour activities. The hardest part of the first job was learning to prioritize the many requests. In the executive support position, the hardest part was learning the AVP's expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the excitement of working within the Federal Reserve system, learning about our country's banking and money system, and the excitement of working in the downtown setting.
Pros
healthcare and benefits, working downtown, advancement opportunities
Cons
hours and workplace not flexible
good people to work with bad bosses promoted unqualified people
Security/Law Enforcement Officer/Check Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 3, 2018
management was terrible unless one of chosen few different days different jobs a lot of training every day was a different schedule good variety good job security
Pros
benefits holidays off
Cons
bad management
Excellent experience
Cybersecurity Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Was sorry to leave but due to family/location, needed to move back to be near them in the South. Gained invaluable experience working with the team there.
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Location, distance from my family
Hard work pays off
Law Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2018
The culture is very incentive based and hard work can and often does result in great rewards. It involves constant interaction with people of different cultures and inclusion is a high priority. The benefits are unmatched by any employee I have ever been associated with.
Pros
Diversity and inclusion
Cons
At times work/life balance
Very stressful work environment with chance for advancement to a selected few
Senior Examiner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2017
The FED was a great plCe to work when i started. The work environment has become stressful as well the officer group slanted grooming the younger employees for future officer and management position opening . At the same time overlooking older seasoned individuals . This has made for a hostile work environment on many teams in supervision and regulation.
Benefits
Cons
Stress and increased expectations of employers

Want to know more about Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland?

Ask a question
Productive Career
Law Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  1455 East Sixth StreetNovember 2, 2017
Anyone who is goal oriented and has a desire to succeed and advance has the support and resources to do so. It just takes some effort on the individuals part to set the wheels in motion.
Pros
Excellent benefits, relaxed inclusive atmosphere
Cons
Brutal attendence policy, rolling calender
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2017
It was as great place to work for unfortunately i was only there as a part time worker, but if i had the chance i would return there in a heart beat. the work environment was laid back management was great i learned all about the affordable care act, and the mist enjoyable part of the job was coming to work and interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
Everything was great
Lot of Activity
Data Check Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2017
Good Bank and employees enjoy there but unfortunately I was not able to work longer due to some family reason and due to night shift and very too far.
Excellent place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great benefits. Work life balance. Tuition reimbursement. Room for advancement. A place that values their employees and helps them be successful.
Pros
Benefits and work life balance
Cons
no cons
Productive workplace
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 2, 2017
I worked in a unique environment where my team was colocated in Cleveland and San Francisco working on the FedCash Central project. Getting a tour of the vaults were really fun
Decent employer
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2017
I found my experience working at FRB Cleveland to be fairly enjoyable on the whole. The major issue I had was receiving work assignments on Saturday or Sunday to be completed by Monday morning. This was generally isolated to time periods prior to deliverable due dates, though.
Pros
flexible; ample resources
Cons
infringed on personal time
Data Check Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2016
Work only three month so can't say anything about this company. As a team player enjoy with work specially when we complete our first operation for color zone system.
Productive and fun workplace
Fed Scolar (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2016
All the employees treated me as if I was actually one of them. I loved working there. I didn't mind waking up early on my summer break. I couldn't wait until I got to work again. I actually miss it. I hope in my future I get a full time job there.
Pros
Free lunches, Nice employees and positive workplace
Good place to work for stability
Bank Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 30, 2016
If you are looking for a stable job and consistent management than the FRB is the place to work. If you are actively looking for achievement and recognition you may get frustrated.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Compensation is middle of the road.
Extremely conservative and reserved employer
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2016
Highly political work environment. Benefits are good, but not outstanding. The Fed Bank will go through purges and staff will be let go with no warning. Co-workers are kind and hard working. The local branch is overseen in a heavy handed manner from the headquarters in Cleveland. Very cliquish atmosphere with some people promoted well beyond their capabilities or skills depending upon who they are friends with. Senior management promotes employee engagement, but most is lip service. Very similar atmosphere to Social Security or other government office.