Federal Reserve Bank of New York Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 9, 2018
Worked for the Federal Reserve of Richmond

Benefits are great.
Family is important and life work balance was great.
Capability of working remote.
Salary ranges are competitive.
Pros
Flexablity
Cons
Lack of mobility
AIX Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 1, 2018
Team work and training was great the best. People were friendly and helpful in giving direction. Management was very easy to work with and provided good direction.
Federal reserve
Supervisor/ CT Regional Processing Center (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 30, 2018
I had the opportuinty to work for the federal reserve bank for over 12 years. I had the advantage of traveling for the company to many other federal reserve banks.
Pros
Cons
Closed
Challenging and a great learning experience
Wholesale Payments Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2018
Respectful and diverse work environment with many opportunities for career growth. Also, I am lucky to have met life long friends working at the Federal Reserve.
Great
SCRUM MASTER/ PROJECT MANAGER, FINANCIAL SYSTEMS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Great work/life balance. Great compensation. Opportunities for growth. I am pleased with the organization. The management and job culture is great.
Employer of Distinction, highly regarded
Research and Adjustment Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
I started my banking career at the Federal Reserve Bank. It allowed my to work across functions to achieve growth opportunities within the organization.

I enjoyed being recognized and selected for advancement to become a leader within the organization.

Felt like I was a leader and in a key role to further industry capabilities.

Trusted as a SME to work work with Internal and External Audit.
Pros
Federal Reserve Bank 's reputation, respected, distinguished leader in the financial services industry.
Cons
Salary and bonus opportunities were not aligned with commercial banking within similar job families.
Great place
Bank Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. The management was always responsive to our needs. They provided opportunities for advancement and for travel. The staff was extremely knowledgeable.
great food
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2018
from the culinary aspect there is a lot to be learned as far as cuisine and recipe execution in a high volume facility. Co workers work as a team and collaborate to get job done.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
slow advancement
No comments
Travel Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2018
I had a passion for the job I performed at the Federal Reserve, which was a travel analyst. I greatest enjoyment was helping others. My daily task consisted of reviewing travel vouchers for accuracy before approving payments.
Senior Supervisory IT Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2018
Collaborative supportive atmosphere. Great place to learn. Decent focus on your professional development. Pay and bonus by grade is good. They're not as good at making sure you're in the right grade, though.
Great Place to Intern
Diversity & Inclusion Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
I interned for three months at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the learning experience was great. I had the opportunity to connect with managers and workers at all levels. They take great care of their interns.
Change
Administrator, Executive Administrator B (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
Overall, i was taken care of completely. Things changed as the seasons changed, esoecially after the market crises, so compensation and individual growth in the company began to change.
Not a bad company by far. I've learned and grown so much in the 12 years I've been there.
Good
TS Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2018
Work in a collabrative environment. Variety of duties with job rotations each week. Excellent hours and benefits. Great Supervisors and Managers. Thank you.
benefits
Terrible Management
Senior Information Technology Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2018
Management click, based on who is liked and who isnt. Almost like the mob, Management never affected by lay offs. They put constant fear in you of losing your job.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYOctober 10, 2018
Was definitely a team player environment. You were rewarded when you outperformed on what was expected of you to do your assigned job duties. Had opportunities to advance within the company. Great benefits,was a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
Loss of business
relaxed, fun, and collaborative
Shipping and receiving check clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2018
I used to work from 2 in the until 10:45am. I have learned how to process checks and at the end, I was transferred to the cash department. Management was fair to me since I always follow rules. We had a very friendly environment. T he most enjoyable part of the job was to dispatch work on time.
Pros
Good pay, friendly environment
Great Opportunity to Learn the Banking Industry
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2018
This is a great company to work for and learn all aspects of the banking industry. It is very structured along with provides plenty of opportunity for learning new skills.
AWESOME people and experience!!
Senior Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Would hopefully love to continue career here. Much growth and training opportunity when available. People are wonderful here, at least my team is!!! Many are open to share stories of how they got their career start and why they've remained so long. Definitely a place to retire from!
didn't work in New York
Instructional Designer and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 27, 2018
I worked for the Federal Reserve Bank of Minnesota. I found my experience there to be good except for an over critical manager who fraternized with employees and picked favorites which I felt was very unprofessional. The bank itself was great!
Pros
onsite cafeteria
Cons
immature manager
It's great place to work
Middleware/Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2018
one of the great place to work and enjoyed working here. the team are excellent and management will always to you and great team work.
nice place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight