Federal Reserve Bank of New York Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Fantastic work environment, important work, high-tech opportunities
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  BostonMay 1, 2018
A great team-first environment. Cutting edge tech, and a commitment to training and career development. Awesome work/life balance, and a diverse and welcoming community of co-workers and managers. A culture of quiet competency.
Pros
Good work-at-home arrangment, continuous training and career development, workplace culture
Cons
The commute can be a hassle
Constructive Work environment
Porter Custodian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
While at the Federal Reserve Bank I was a custodian porter I was to clean loading dock and trucking area and wash the walls to the hallway. The people I worked with were courteous and polite I did get along well with coworkers and my supervisor.
Pros
Pleasant people to work with
Cons
Few benefits
n/a
Legal Staff Assistant/ Legal Division (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2018
n/a - I chose not to write a review at this time. I had a fair experience working at the Board and I believe that it is a well established company with much to offer.
I loved working for the FRB in Atlanta
Manager, Billing CBAF (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2018
The Federal Reserve Bank is a very misunderstood organization. It is filled with diversity and culture from around the world, which leaves you lacking when you go to other places. The employees are highly ethical and desire a stable economy.
Good place to work didn't like the hours
Check Processor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 8, 2018
This was a good place to work but I worked the night shift for 13 years and was just tired of working that shift. I also kept getting over looked for moving up in the company.
Amazing Organization
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
The Fed is an amazing organization that has contributed so much to my professional growth. I am however nearing 10yrs at the Bank and ready to move on with the skills and knowledge I have gained to further my career.
Great place to be involved with economy of the nation
IT Incident Manager/Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Federal Reserve Bank of DallasMarch 30, 2018
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank, you grow a better understanding of how the U.S. economy works and the importance of the banks' role and how they interact directly with local banks and municipalities.
Pros
great retirement package
Productive and busy
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
A typical day for me is assisting users with their hardware/software malfunctions or assisting with installations. I am also researching other technologies to better the devices that users currently use.
Micromanaged
Senior Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2018
Good benefits. Average pay. But they will pile on the work and you are micromanaged like crazy. Also the red tape to get anything actually done is crazy.
Lead Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303March 16, 2018
The management was kind, business minded and understanding. I learned a lot and appreciated the opportunities that were available to me. This was a great place to work.
Contract position
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 14, 2018
Had a good experience there. A lot of smart people to interact with and management was direct. It was a contract position but the culture was inviting.
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Check Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 12, 2018
Great place to learn new skills and also somewhere you can stay for many years. It is hard to advance internally and can take a long period of time to advance. Many great benefits!
Dedicated Group
Bank Examiner/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
Great place to work if looking to make a difference while having a work life balance. Peers are intelligent, and a great learning environment for recent grads. Additionally, hours are flexible and great for working moms or individuals that are at the sunset of their careers.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay
Excellent
Adjustment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMarch 2, 2018
My job was exciting and the people I worked with were extremely pleasant. I would work for them again anytime. it was a good job and I was very happy there.
Work Load
Financial Processing Generalist /BA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2018
Management try to make sure the workload is fairly speeded in the group. Management trust in there employees to do a great job on daily responsibilities and conducting meetings.
Pros
Commute
Cons
short lunch breaks
I was only a temp
Temporary Research Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
But I really enjoyed my time there -- full of smart, creative people who really try to make a difference. Everyone works hard and is very committed. Really nice folks.
FRB of California
Scrum Master/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I have not worked at FRB New York but have worked at Federal Reserve Ban of California.
It is a slow place to work but good to maintain your personal life and work balance.
I have worked as QA lead and scrum master at FRB California
Fast Pace
Application Integrator / WebSphere Administrator (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 12, 2018
Working for federal reserve bank was very stressful but was very fast pace. I was a subcontractor and everyone was great to work with. they always keep you on your toes.
Excellent Company to work
Senior Project Consultant, Data Warehouse Project (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Federal Reserve bank in an excellent place to work for, especially for IT professionals. They encourage innovation, collaboration and work life balance. Their benefits are comparable to industry standards with bank provided pension.
Pros
Encourage innovation and collaboration.
Cons
N/a
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2018
It was part-time. To the point where you would work 1 day a week towards the end of the month. This would be pwrfect for someone in school, or recieving SSI.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss