Federal Reserve Bank of New York Employee Reviews

Not a good experience
Section Manager, High Speed Processing Unit (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2018
The personnel policies made it difficult to motivate employees. Most employees in my area were 15-30 years on the job and at the top of their pay grade range. It was almost assured everyone would get a satisfactory rating regardless of performance and monetary increases were nominal given the salary constraints.
Excellent career opportunities
Senior Bank Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
The Federal Reserve Bank of NY provides excellent benefits and career advancement opportunities although it is very political and change is effected very slowly.
Okay place I guess.
Stock Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2018
Okay place I guess. Employees could have gotten more work done but would rather have social time during the shift.

The work was enough. Usually got to work on projects without management criticism, checking up one us.
Pros
easy work
Cons
No advancement to my knowledge
Atmosphere is okay
Business Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York provides a safe atmosphere in a professional-like setting. Most of its employees were nice and brought a certain culture to the job.
Best Part of the job is adding this to your resume
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2018
at the ASC, it is a meat grinder. Management was clueless regarding anything about the department in which they managed. The working environment was great, the culture was okay. The hardest part of the job was the unwillingness of others to properly train you.
Pros
It was a very cool place to work
Cons
Management is terrible
na
Vault Teller III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 5, 2018
i loved working at the federal Reserve Bank of San Fransisco. I have a lot of friends that still work there. Great place and fun and friendly people. Great
Call Agents
Treasury Services Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
Call Agents are treated with respect and working environment is very calm for the agents. Helping customers is efficiently done due to diligent training program.
Job is now a dead horse...
Check Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2018
This job died from technology. The department no longer exists. At one time it was very high volume,demanding work. Many people lost their jobs,crying was quite common. It was also shift work. My shift was graveyard, still too many management types for my taste. Maybe it is me?
Pros
Good health and dental plans. Company matched savings plan.
Cons
Shift work blows.
Life Balance
I/T Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York was exciting for me. I loved the environment I was working in. We were one big family getting the job done. The time was very flexible. The benefits are great.
Pros
Able to move up the ladder
Cons
Some lazy employees will give you their work to do.
Not a good place for career growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
Good work life balance and easy job. Not a good place for career growth. People do not work together. I a lot of back stabling between departments. I worked there for over 15 years. They have a long history very poor management.
Pros
Good work life balance and easy job.
Cons
Not a good place for career growth.
Good work enviornment
Senior WebFocus Developer - WF (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 19, 2018
The training and security at the Reserve was very good. The projects were managed by good and knowledgeable project staff. The ability to work from home seven out of 8 weeks provided less distractions than the open room on site.
Pros
Work off site, expenses paid when traveling to site.
Cons
Security so intense waited long periods of time to be granted access.
Immature Management in the Common Services Area
Manager Common Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2018
In the Common Services Area management is aggressive, immature and egotistical. They do not understand how to communicate with or motivate high quality engineers. Regarding artificial intelligence and big date they are only starting and have no vision or understanding of artificial intelligence and big data capabilities.
Pros
Good cafeteria in both buildings
Cons
Poor management. See my review.
I needed benifits for my family .
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 24, 2018
I did ship/recieve and put things where they needed to be . I helped other people do their job if I wasn't busy . They had a food court and it was clean and nice.
Very Good Employer
Financial Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 24, 2018
I worked for the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Birmingham Branch. The environment was very family like. Had to seek other employment due to downsizing. But they were awesome.
Productive workplace with amazing food choices
Payments Processor II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2018
The Fed offers great benefits whether you are single or married with children. Cross training was mandatory. So everyone knew how to do more than one job. The cafeteria was open for breakfast and lunch with numerous choices. Forgot your wallet? You can swipe your badge and it will just be deducted from you next paycheck. Management made sure you knew your job efficiently before putting more work on you to do list.
Pros
Mandatory cross training and cafeteria benefits
Productive and ideal workplace when I was there
Senior Lead Programmer (Former Employee) –  Worked primarily remote from homeMay 22, 2018
Productive and ideal workplace when I was there. I was primarily contracted and worked full time for the Kansas City Fed. It too was a very productive and ideal workplace and environment to be in. I have nothing but great memories of my experience working for the Fed System.
Pros
Excellent Management
Intership
Internship (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAMay 21, 2018
I learned communications, networking, and management skills. This was a good opportunity to experience and work in fast pace, busy, and organized company.
good company
manager / supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
my duties manage check processing, encoding checks, image capture of checks, balancing of accounts, deposits to accounts, statement processing of accounts, training, creating procedures, monitoring workflow.
Great place to work for
Consultant/Full Stack Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Fed. I got to work with a lot of great people who are passionate about their work. I also leaned some new programming techniques which I still use from time to time.
Fantastic work environment, important work, high-tech opportunities
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  BostonMay 1, 2018
A great team-first environment. Cutting edge tech, and a commitment to training and career development. Awesome work/life balance, and a diverse and welcoming community of co-workers and managers. A culture of quiet competency.
Pros
Good work-at-home arrangment, continuous training and career development, workplace culture
Cons
The commute can be a hassle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight