Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco logo

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness

4.2
Work-Life Balance

For the young and upcoming

If you’re young and upcoming in your job or career there’s opportunities to advance and progress. But if you’re employed for a long time and can’t stay relevant then you’ll likely be overlooked or forced to conform.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stay up to date and relevant

Great Benefits, horrible management

Depends on which department you work for, your experience can be very different. It's a great organization. Pension, 401k, great benefits medical insurance etc.. just some departments' manager sucks so bad.

I rather not say anything at this point of time.

When I started in September of 2002, I love the idea of being a federal law enforcement officer. The people who worked with me was great to be with, and the employees were very nice. My job was to protect the employees, property, and the daly operation of the bank.

Pros

I love the working with the employees and the people that were there.

Cons

Upper Management need a little more help.

Great people and great environment to work! Awesome benefits that compensates your salary. Culture is great and people from other departments are helpful!

Inclusiveness

One of the best working environment I have experienced.The staff eagerly anticipate working on new projects both locally and System wide. Management works to be as inclusive and transparent as possible at all times,

Pros

Room for growth, always; Management’s appreciation of one’s hardeork.

Cons

Not enough diversity in middle management.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Great place

Very fun environment to be involved with. The people there are great. The work life balance is really good, and there is a nice cafeteria to relax at during lunch.

Great organization

Like any organization there's always room for improvements. Management training may need to be high on their list to help with retention of good employees willing to want to keep moving forward with the district and systems directions.

Easy access to Embarcadero

Productive and fun place with a ping pong table, cafeteria, gym, employee groups, telecommuting options for some. Easy BART and Ferry access to Embarcadero.

Excellent benefits

Don’t need a degree to advance or to be hired into management positions They hire from the outside with only previous management/ leadership experience.

Pros

Can wear jeans, committed to work/ life balance

Cons

Traffic in Los Angeles is really bad

Employee/management Relationship was the best I’ve ever experienced in an employer. The diversity, work hours flexibility, benefits and salary were just few things I missed when I left the company due to department shutdown. I was 7 years short of getting a decent retirement benefits so I was a little disappointed when the checks department was relocated to Kansas City

Jobs at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

See more jobs

FRBSF is a great place to work with a diverse work force. It offers opportunities to folks with diverse backgrounds spanning from economics to IT. It spends heavily on employee development and is a fun place to work.

Productive Workplace Focused on Currency Security

A relaxed work place with a sense of purpose. Working expectations and procedures are well defined with regular supervisor assistance and support. The bank is focused on both inter and intra bank community, really fostering a sense of community.

Progressive work environment

It is competitive with most fortune 500 companies for worker satisfaction. It will give a person what they are willing to put into it. It offers many opportunities to advance, move to another department and contribute to the community.

Excellent, challenge work, but very unsupportive management

Diversity is only about PR, not practice. Advancement is difficult and despite hard work and dedication, cronyism is rampant. The pay and benefits are excellent so this is what makes this job attractive. Different management would make a difference.

Disappointing

Federal Reserve itself as a whole institution is solid. But the people that runs the operation, regardless of the department, specially the police services are totally inept. I’m surprised the FED is still here. They should really audit the FED thoroughly. Words cannot describe fully how that place is. A warning to all not to even venture. This place is a modern day Plantation. Worked at the FED long enough to know what I’m talking about.

Great client.

Really nice team to work with. Very supportive and good sense of humor. Attention to detail is important. Takes a bit to understand the non-profit culture.

Great company to work for, but they have no compassion

I worked for the Federal reserve for 22 years in different departments. On my last day of work my manager asked me to go to the conference room where he called Human resources and they informed me i was being terminated for my recent errors and behavior issues. A couple weeks later i fell into a coma and was hospitalized due to low sodium i had for a couple years without knowing, The doctor said this was probably the reason for my errors and behavior issues. I called Human resources to explain this to him but he said it didn't matter the decision was final. I tried calling management but they wouldn't return my calls. I own up to my mistakes, but to be tossed aside like i was worth nothing was very hurtful. I miss my coworkers and job every day.

Pros

The people and the pay

Cons

Very cold with no compassion.

Needs Improvement

Due to lack of sleep and rest, employees are exhausted; fatigue showing less productiveness Benefits are good however when employees use them managers questions why taking sick leave or fmla Females are receiving low pay and overlooked; we are told that we should show some muscles management needs to retire as they are completely burned out; no energy to motivate as their days are just about retirement; withholding information leads to failure and for failure Management needs to be multiculturally educated

The hard part of job is management

If management cared more about it's employees I would of stayed longer. In all employees were a great bunch of people to work with. Benefits were great!

Security is # 1

I wasn't happy about the location. I liked the environment. I like the people. The culture was "by the Book" no exceptions. I would have like to stay, but my whole department was being phased out.

Pros

Nice place to work

Cons

Down town SF.

learning

great leadership and people are nice. Self learning. Great work life balance. Smart people and skilled. Management is a work in progress but open to opinions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
Powered byComparably