Federal Signal Employee Review

View all Federal Signal reviews

Federal Signal review
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 21, 2014
Small company. Unique business with toll roads. Company was sold to 3m.

Pretty much by myself. I was given an assignment and I completed Maintenance document for the off road operator by interviewing and asking a lot of questions. I also spent a lot of time on Google searching for equipment so I could document what the equipment did.

New nothing about the business but learned a lot through self teaching and researching.

I created a Safety Manual also.

Performed several QA test plans.

Created many excel spreadsheets for misc assignments.

Utilized Visio almost daily, creating workflows and business flows.

I enjoy writing so the daily tasks were satisfying.
Pros
Small company and close to home
Cons
Some of the people were unfriendly

Other Federal Signal Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
Assembler (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILNovember 13, 2019
As an assembler,the job physically was easy enough.The pay didn't compensate you for the demand required of you.The union started taking dues before you were certified,with no representation. Unless you are related to someone there,or know someone in management ,you won't be treated the same.About the only thing I can say good about working there ,was that my co-workers were very nice people to work with.This company likely will move by contracts end, as their only concern is with profits, not the people who make it possible.
Best company Ever deo is the best inside sales ever
Sales and Rental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 3, 2019
its the best company ever people get fired cause they do not do there jobs or show up on time that is why they have negative comments about the company but need to realize either you are a part of the company or you not going to have job so people please show up on time do your job
Pros
lunches and great pay
Cons
just show up on time