FEED THE CHILDREN

FEED THE CHILDREN Employee Reviews

I was a proud Donor Representative. I miss working at Feed. We were a Family Oriented and mended staff. The job offered so much fulfillment of joy knowing that you were helping to Stop Hunger.
No benefits, just wages. No flexibility, likely to get fired if you have an emergency outside of work you need to deal with. Far from the Christian principles touted in the TV ads.
I worked for Feed for around 8 or 9 months, at their DC office. The job started well but the office director turned out to be a liar and a backstabber.
I have had the opportunity to become part of what I believe is a very committed and caring group of people. I am very thankful to be a small part of Feed the Children. Great culture, wonderful atmosphere overall, an open environment that invites questions. A continued update on where the organization is and where they hope to be going. In my department, we do tend to travel a bit but that has always been a part of my profession as a videographer/photographer.
some days had nothing to do. some days i would work until 7 or 8. was salaried, so no overtime. would occasionally have lunch or breakfast supplied for us.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I worked at feed the Children for 29 years. It's had its ups and downs but overall, it is a fun, friendly place to work. A lot of people who genuinely care and want to help others.
That was my first and the last job that i had during 7 years, i have been learn a lot and growth professionally as a young for this area .i lean to understand people ,and try to do my best to please them. i was managed the warehouse staff,the feet management (drivers ,vehicules and maintenance) ,the litle personal sfaff (housekepers ,security guard ). i learn to do inventory ,receiving and shipping stuff and a lot of things. The schedule of deplacement of the cars was the biggest problem . I was enjoyed to serve the children in the sponsorship program ,when i have to distribuate kits of tools for school.foods,clothes,shoes or medicines stuff .
Pros
Every last fridays, they celebrate the birthday of employees who was born in the month .
Cons
30mns for lunch
I had a lot of fun workinghere, it was only for three months, but it was a lot of fun and it helped the community in so many ways. I am glad to say that this was my favorite job.
FEED is a great place to work. The environment is very collaborative, all coming together to accomplish the mission and one day reach the vision. Employees receive great benefits and the work-life balance couldn't be better. There are employee appreciation centered events about once a quarter, the company's way of reminding you that you are valued. Management has seen quite the turnover in the last year, but it has been for the better. They have brought in fresh, innovative people to lead the teams, giving a new morale boost and vigor to accomplishing the mission. Overall, great place to work. Especially if you need something bigger than yourself to believe in.
Pros
Fantastic benefits, work-life balance, great work environment
Working at Feed the Children was a relaxed place and a faith based organization. I loved working with people who were high spirited in heart that we were all making a difference with people who more disadvantaged.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Teams work to help finish batches and post donations.
This is a good cause, but there was little communication with the manager. We made cold calls to various individuals to obtain donations. There was no moral support from the manager.
Productive and helpful workplace especially to the many needy countries that they serve. Feed The Children serves the needy world wide through the help of its volunteers.
Pros
Free down time.
Cons
There are no cons.
This company offered part-time and full time positions, I enjoyed my job while I was completing my Master's degree. Few opportunities for advancement. Sufficient for what I needed at the time.
Pros
offered 2 part-time shifts
Cons
Not very flexible and few career opportunities
as drivers, we went where need was great, be it disaster, church groups or food banks. Many people were visably tearful & greatful for our truckloads of food, toiletries and other things like shoes for the kids donated by companys and other iyems. Gave us a good feeling that money just could not.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
safety manager that never drove a truck, more about awards
Opening the warehouse to help out All of our Partner Agencies. Get our products to Help the Children around the World. That if you put your mind you can accomplish anything. The their are All kinds of Management skill in all levels. Very Family orient and good workplace. Managing a 100,000 square feet Warehouse with only Five Team members. Having Volunteers come out to Help us Accomplish our Mission with Children Hunger in the World.
Pros
Good Company to work for.
Cons
Heath benefits. Raises
It's not currently operating. I am in the process of closing down operations. It was nice clean place with full cafeteria and people came and went as they pleased. I really enjoyed what we were doing. It was a rewarding work and you met so many people and felt good about the part you played in their transitioning
Pros
Worked at your leisure. Rewarding work
I give it a 5 star very friendly great things they do for people and knowing that you are helping children is a great feeling,the staff was great to work with as well
Great organization to work for, the culture is very team collaborative oriented, a persons ideas and opinions are always part of a discussion. Most all my fellow members/partner agencies whom I had been involved with during my years there, were a joy to work with.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
Excellent Company to work for. Treats their employees with respect. If you ever need help with your job your supervisor is always very helpful. I worked there thru a temp contract company & I loved it.
They work hard and reward hard work.friendly work environment, opportunity to move up the ladder quickly They teach you how to run your own business. There is a huge opportunity for personal and career growth. They promote from within. Pay wasn't bad, teaches you all the skills to be successful in business.
Needs help classes on how to train people not just leave them to fail. Management can be ugly. A few nosy people who try to get others in trouble makes the work environment not that great of a place.
Pros
Building Boxes at Christmas time.
Cons
Nosey People
  1. Employee Reviews