Feeding America

United States81 reviews

Feeding America insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Diverse and innovative

Overall the staff are very knowledgeable in their line of work. With many challenges, every team hurdles through them with great results. Its a great place to work at.

Amazing

Great growth opportunity and coworkers. Friendly environment and makes the work worth it. A job that is fulfilling on many different levels. Happy employees

Pros

Good managers

Cons

No cons

Great schedule, that’s about it

Great schedule, work was simple and easy to complete. I originally accepted this job because of the way it was advertised. I wanted to be apart of something bigger and give myself a sense of purpose. I expressed interest in other roles that were accepting applications, but was never given the opportunity to interview for them, only told that I was more valuable on power equipment. Management would speak to me in a condescending manner, and talk to me slowly, almost like I was slow myself. I rarely felt valued or important. I constantly felt like management would hover around the warehouse and monitor what the employees were doing. I was never worried about this because I tried to stay busy and do my job, it was more hilarious to see than anything else. When I put in my two weeks, management asked around to find out why I was leaving, instead of approaching me directly and asking me if there was anything they could do to change my mind. My manager later came up to me and when I expressed why I was leaving, they said “you have to take the better opportunity”. This made it easier for me to part ways.This job wasn’t terrible, but I just couldn’t stand feeling like I wasn’t good enough to do anything other than drive a forklift.

Pros

Monday through Friday

Cons

Warehouse management, no opportunity for advancement.

I love working here! Great work/family balance, my bosses are amazing, they're always willing to work with me when life happens. I love my co workers.

Good Place

Good place to work. Everyone was nice and the culture was great. A lot of early mornings but is the same as most other food pantry's. It felt good to help people that were in need

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Work is good day goes fast

Cost of living is terrible management is awaful they don’t care about employees. Lots fo food is trash instead of giving it away employees are in need too hi

Pros

Job security

Cons

Money raises and management

Volunteer

It was a warehouse and we were sorting food and non food items into bins. Generally, it was temperature comfortable. There was also a refrigerated section. It was too cold for me there.

Love this organization and what they do!

This is a great organization to be apart of! I absolutely loved being apart of it, helping people in need in my local community get what they need. This company partners with dozens of local businesses to bring together food to the community that would otherwise just go to waste.

Productive work to see the need of community being fed

This is a volunteer job and it is very rewarding to meet the needs of under privilege people within the community. This is a wonderful job and very rewarding

Volunteer work

I enjoy giving back to.the people and its community. I don't need to get paid from this job as long as I know I'm do ik my a great job with giving back to people.that are less fortunate than I am.

Don't recommend this job .

I don't recommend working there. Wages are low. Management don't care about employees or helping the poor. This is just a corporation out to make money.

Giving back to the community the way all companies should

Working for Feeding America is truly a blessing. I get to help people in need and it's honest work to the fullest. There's never a day that I go in wishing that I was at home. Not only do I see what I do for the community I also see what I do for the people as a whole and from every job I've had none of them made me feel this good about what I'm doing.

Was great for experience

Had 18months with them. Love it!!! Just wish they had more information after training completed that they would have offered a job!!! Overall the opportunity was great!!!!

Good for volunteer hours

I volunteered there in order to get the necessary volunteer hours to graduate MCHS and it was very easy to do, it was only an hour once a week and didn't induce much labor at the same time you felt like you were helping someone in need.

Absolutely loved working for this Non-profit organization. It's wonderful working when you know how much you are helping those less fortunate.

This was hands down the best place I ever worked. I loved my co-workers, I adored the clients, and going to work each day knowing what our mission was made it easy. Started as a warehouse employee, promote to asst mgr, then to Operations Mgr.

Good people, corporate self-serving management

For an organization designed to serve others, it’s disappointing to see how much they only look out for themselves. Way too political internally, high turnover as a result.

Shameful Place

These people ought to be ashamed of themselves. The supervisors, employees, and other management seem to think they have first pick on "donation goods" How do they even sleep at night.. I was disgusted and ever so disappointed. They need to replace the entire staff (CEO included)!!! Shame on you all

ok place to work

A too hot or cold warehouse. lifting and moving heavy weights. too many people want to be in charge or feel over important.huge imbalance.frustrating!

repetitive and comfortable

The first time of volunteering would help with the schedule of objectives that the team has to at least try to complete. The task is done with the amount of time rather than the amount of productivity.

Volunteer work

This is a very rewarding volunteer jobs. It makes me so happy to do things for the community and help people that are in hunger. It is really easy to join as well, you just go to a food giveaway and sign up to volunteer and everyone is really nice as well :)

Pros

Free food

Cons

mission is to solve hunger

Our mission is to solve hunger. We do our best to rescue a variety of foods that are stressed and need to be distributed in a timely manner. All product is sorted accordingly to their own categories. Quality control is of high importance!

Pros

the joy of knowing people people are getting food

Cons

need better benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Feeding America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss