Feldco Factory Direct Employee Reviews

Terrible managers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 28, 2019
Service managers are terrible. Plain and simple. They lie and play favoritism. Management will bad mouth all the technicians in front of the staff call them names and make fun of them.
Cons
Do not waste your time.. Inmoral place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 14, 2019
Worked for 3 plus years and was never given a raise,forced to work 12hr days 5-6 days a week, 1 Saturday off per 4 weeks, forced me to do teir 3 technician work but paid tier 1. Asked for a raise and the company started to pressure me into leaving. After 3 years I asked for a raise and was told to quit. Horrible company. Avoid working here
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No company vehicle, no raises, no organization, terrible uneducated management, company does low grade work and expects techs to lie to customers
Inside Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 13, 2019
Productive and fun with daily goals to hit. Learned a lot about how to deal with irate company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork we have built.
Challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2019
Overall Feldco is a great company. This position is highly demanding. You will be required to drive your personal vehicle but the company doesn’t schedule a monthly maintenance day which can be unsafe and very hard on your vehicle. This is a very competitive environment which is great if you love sales. It is a healthy sales environment with a lot of competition which gives you the drive to keep going.This position will definitely take up 80% of your day. From customer interactions face to face, over the phone and through email; you will be overloaded with work, follow up and needed corrects. Depending on how the manger is feeling may determine what type of lead you get for the day. Manager doesn’t seem to care about anything other than pushing potentially cancelled sales. The transition from the training environment to the real world is a hard curve. It leads to a lot of misinformation to customer per managers orders. Also there is too much y’all about Race, Religion & Gender In the Office. It makes the work environment very uncomfortable.
Pros
Great Company, Pay potential
Cons
Uncomfortable work environment, favoritism, A lot of driving, Long Hours
sales representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 10, 2019
The manager in Madison is someone who tries that the sales force succeed in a month or will try to replace you. Arrogant, inhuman, toxic. Look for another job, another company.
Pros
Good commissions
Cons
poor manager
Don't expect to know if your doing a great job
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 18, 2019
Sales Management is in place to assign leads. You may have to drive 50 miles round trip for "A" window. Management will always tell you what you do wrong but will never offer a compliments on great sales or just good sales. The whole thing about the window business is that the company hires many salesman to cover the Spring to Fall traffic but then will "cull the herd" in October to save on salaries and benefits as there as no jobs. So if you're looking for stability.....,I'd look elsewhere.
Pros
Good "Team" of Salespeople
Cons
Management and No more mileage or car deductions....major problem
Selling For Feldco
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 20, 2018
Been a member of Feldco's sales team for almost 2 years now, really enjoying my time with them.

Solid place to make a career (and a lot of money) for yourself as long as you follow the process they lay out in training. They have a sales trainer who is a great teacher and is really supportive after you're out of training. The sales managers are also solid. Nice to work for people who know what they're talking about.

It's also really nice not having to work to set your own sales appointments and just sell, which is how it works at Feldco. they provide leads so all you have to focus on is the sale.

I would also say that this position is great, but if you are afraid of in home sales or working off of commissions, you should know that that's what this is: an in home, face to face sales job that's heavily commissioned.

but it's also one that can help you take home a lot of money for many years
Pros
Uncapped earning potential, good management, leadership also is smart and seems genuine
Cons
running leads 6 times a week can be a drain, I would love to find a way to run 4 appointments per day on a 5 day schedule, then I'd have no complains, Balance is hard to find with a 6 day work week
Working as a Technician at Feldco
Technician - Service and measuring (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 4, 2018
Generally have had a positive experience with Feldco with the exceptions of a few thing here or there.

Work is good and consistent. also not as intense as working on a standard new construction job site or full house remodel. nice that it emphasizes skill over strength because the work you do is still rewarding, it just doesn't leave you drained at days end the way you might feel spending 10+ hours on a jobsite.

sometimes feel like the management team could be more organized, but as I wrote above, the experience I have had here is positive.

would recommend anyone who has the trade skills needed to consider working for feldco
Pros
Good people at feldco, genuinely a nice place to work, consistency of work, pay is competitive, TONS of OT opportunities for those who want to make more
Cons
Sometiems feel as though the management team is not always on same page, position can require some long days
Good Work For Skilled Tradesmen
Measure Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 4, 2018
Management here is good. They train you well and get you acclimated as much as they can before having you go live.

work is steady and pay is fair, plus they offer you overtime if you want to work extra to make more money.

The position can require longer hours, so finding balance between work and personal can often be difficult, but you are well compensated anytime working long hours, so you can't say it isn't fair.

I have enjoyed working here and having steady hours to work daily without having to seek work myself.

this is a great position for those looking to get out of the contracting game
Pros
Lots of overtime opportunities, fair compensation, good culture and support staff
Cons
Balance is tough with the long hours sometimes, but overtime pay helps offset that.
Outside Sales
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 27, 2018
Position is very much an "earn your keep" or "eat what you kill" type sales position. those who are not comfortable making most of their money off of commissions should be wary.

those who are comfortable making their money off of commissions should apply because i have never had more consistently well qualified leads than what i have experienced with feldco. plus you sell the customer in their own home, so they are more comfortable than selling out of a showroom

beyond that, it is a terrific company to work for. sales reps are well trained and given all the tools and knowledge they need in a strong training program. if you listen to what they tell you and you have sales ability, you will have good success in this position.
Pros
great leads and earning potential, management staff is always helpful
Cons
work life balance is tough in busy season (they tell you that upfront though), lots of driving for in home appointments
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 27, 2018
This position is an "as advertised" commissions based sales position. Honestly, the negative reviews I have seen disregard the fact that they are very and perhaps even too upfront about this fact.

The people who felt they were not treated fairly in this position either can't sell or did not listen to what the managers told them throughout interviews.

Monday thru Saturday you receive 2 to 3 well qualified leads that are much easier to close than what you would get from the average commission sales position. Management helps every way they can from the start of training until well after.

Their standards for closing are higher, but that is because of the amount of resources that they spend on qualifying those leads and trying to make the closes come easy.

If you are veteran sales rep that is comfortable working on mostly commissions and betting on yourself to close, you'll have good success here.

If any of that last sentence makes your nervous, then it would probably prove to be a poor fit. The position can be stressful to those not used to commissions based sales, but to those of us that are, this is about as good as it gets for sales.
Pros
Great training, great management, great products that make it easier to sell
Cons
Higher base salary to ease the transition from trainee to live rep, can be stressful to many newcomers
Bad working Environment
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 25, 2018
Not enough Production, for appointments to Sales as I would have liked. Days have gone by, when my phone rang twice in 1 day.

In appropriate discussions at work, discussing Race, Religion, Politics. All completely wrong for a Professional setting.
Pros
Casual Work Environment
Cons
Bad management and very low pay
It's ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 11, 2018
Good company, especially if you work well with sales. They will put you in a position to thrive using your prior sales experience. Sometimes though, it can be slow and tough.
Decent place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des PlainesSeptember 10, 2018
Decent place to work at, underpaid and over worked, you got it. Never once offered a raise. My manager was the best thing about the job, understanding and great, very positive. Favoritism and the socialism around the work area was not appropriate. Working hard to not really get any reward was old news. Good friendly co workers, just don’t not smile your job may get questioned. Over all, the pay was the worst. So many call centers offering way more money.
Pros
Flexible hours, good people
Cons
Short lunches/breaks/compensation
Friendly & Collaborative
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 28, 2018
Everyone is very approachable. My manager truly wants to see me succeed and is willing to take the time to teach me what I need to know to be successful. The environment is very collaborative and everyone on my team is helpful and patient. Feldco is a great place to learn and grow in your career.
helpful, supportive management & team, friendly staff!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 24, 2018
Management does everything to make you want to work here and come to work and be productive. They instill pride and positive association, and they do their best to hire and retain good people. I met many people here I wish were my personal friends and spouses, and that's a good thing. Just have a car and live in neighboring burbs, and you could have a job and a friend for life!
Haven't had balloons on my b-day since childhood and frankly was touched. And the CEO signed and mailed me a b-day card, a lot of nice warm human personal touches like that make Feldco a nice place to work. The List of fine folks who personally introduced themself and made me feel welcome is too long and
I don't want to leave anyone out, but you all each know who you are. And my unsung heroes, I know you won't go changing, we
all feel your love and your star is a beacon in the darkness. Everyone appreciates what you do even if we try to hide it so it won't stop and we never had anyone like you in the world in the history of all eternity, if there are angels among us, You!
Pros
management style
Cons
none really
Productive and fun workplace
Digital Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 17, 2018
I started this internship with minimal knowledge within digital marketing field. Now, as my time here is coming to an end, I learned everything and anything I needed/wanted to learn about digital marketing to put me on the path to success. Come to work with questions and goals; this opportunity is what you make of it.

The digital marketing manager and team is dedicated to teach you anything you want to know. Management truly cares about their employees and will ensure you have the knowledge to succeed. Keep up the good work!
Pros
Friendly environment, laid back, and endless opportunities to learn.
Cons
High engagement and a collaborative culture
Digital Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 14, 2018
Best management and work culture that I have ever had. Workplace culture is fantastic! I learned so much about digital marketing because of all the helpful associates and managers willing to help you out at any time. They encourage engagement and problem-solving. On Wednesdays, we get free ice cream which is a nice treat to get through the middle of the week.
Pros
Free ice cream, company events and activities, great work-life balance, positive professional relationships and work culture.
Cons
Can't think of any right now
Work hard play hard culture
Accounting and Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 10, 2018
During my time at Feldco everyone treated me as if I was family. People knew when to be serious and when to have fun. Great company culture. I learned both accounting and financial information and worked with both teams.
Fun
Customer Delight Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 7, 2018
Everyone tries to make it a fun place to work. People are very understanding and helpful when you make a mistake. I have worked here for 3 summers and they always let me schedule when I needed to.