Felder Services Employee Reviews

Good Starter Job
Laundry Worker (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ALApril 19, 2019
Real good starter job but they could really use a pay raise because it's alot of work. Honestly if you're looking for a part time job and not have to worry about cost of living this is it.
Pros
Really laid back job with a steady pace
Cons
Not enough money for cost of living
Horible
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALApril 13, 2019
Horrible place to work the manger is never here everything is going crazy no one cares. We do not get rnough hors or the Right pau gor the stuff we do
Poor management with no benefits.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 30, 2019
This is the worst company I ever worked for. The management is very poor. I was a housekeeper with this company. They will work you half to death and fire you at the end.
Pros
No pros at all.
Cons
Felders workload is too much. Awful management.
Good employees and residents bad management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  England, ARJanuary 24, 2019
Management was awful they'd want you to work several close shifts then open the next day with barely a day off in between these shifts. If we were short employees management never stepped up to lend a hand. They would hire on people with zero experience and expect the full time employees to fix and or be blamed for new comers short handedness. The full time shift employees were great and helpful but management needed work.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks if any at all, low pay, failure to pay overtime
The building at I worked at is the worst !!!Dont apply for this job unless you like being talked down to by the staff everyday
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 17, 2019
This company is worst I have ever worked for in my life.The building I used to work at is always some drama going on with the owners unless you have the stomach to be talk to any kind of way DON'T DO IT!!!
Worst job I ever had
Linen Tech (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 26, 2018
Do not work for this company unless you really need a job
It was a horrible job but the hours where good
But I was only getting paid $8 an hour
No paid vacation
No time and a halve for overtime
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALOctober 16, 2018
Job provided part time work which I needed at the time. The job was low stress and allowed time at home. I was a resident of troy, Al. and it allowed me to be at home quickly.
Disappointed and Offended
Manager (Dietary) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 9, 2018
Definitely a great opportunity pay wise.
However, management is very inconsistent and shows favoritism. Didn't want to believe it at first until I witnessed it first hand.
I was fired over a lie by management, In spite of a consistent argument on my end and a changing story on management's end.
Definitely was a disappointment.
Day to day was pretty bad (witnessed a a lot of unprofessional things)
I held on for the sake of my goals and promises made by the District Manager.
I believe this company is probably good, but their management definitely needs to be seen without being known they're being watched.
Disappointing ending, but a relief on my mind as I have NEVER worked at a place be confusing as this in my life!
Pros
Good pay for management
Cons
Unorganized and inconsistent.
Management was poor.
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSOctober 8, 2018
Co-workers are very difficult to work with, management would write you up for something that was not your fault, and the pay rate would not be worth the work and hassles to stay working with that company.
Nasty manager povertic managers
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 7, 2018
They got roaches and gnats do not work there they steal your hours always run out of food and blame it on the aides they steal food and take it home
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Dietary
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALOctober 3, 2018
Management is very poor. To much favoritism and not a good relationship between employers and employees. Felder is not organized and there no benefit that the employees could afford.
Terrible.
Laundry worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 25, 2018
When they took over my department, they cut our original pay from what it was down to minimum wage. Example... I was paid $7.44 before they came along, then after they took over, it was cut down to $7.25. The supervisor also took my AM and gave it to someone else without even consulting me, then put me as part time. The other supervisors were rude and enjoyed belittling us. Not just me, but the rest of my department. Eventually they fired everyone and hired others from their company.
Cons
It’s ok, just need better managing
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 4, 2018
I like working with felder but I don’t like picking up Shay others KNOW they left for someone else. It gets frustrating and me, being the lead housekeeper, it gets stressful because I sometime have to act as a supervisor when my supervisor is out and I don’t get paid enough for that!
Pros
Getting days you request off
Cons
Getting your vacation time taken away and picking up others slack
Energetic, Funn Fast Paced empolyment opportunity
Environmental Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 11, 2018
Felder Services is a great company to work for with fair compensation for management employees. Fast paced work environment and very knowledgeable in customer service. Provides great training and all resources to accomplish the task at hand and The mission statement is what drives the company.
Cons
no 401k
Okay Job
Springhill Senior Residence (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 30, 2018
Separate diet cards for line, Call diet cards out to cook, assure that patients meals are correct, and train new employees. Co-workers where very friendly more like a family. There was not anything to hard about the job. The most enjoyable part about the job was interacting with the patients.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short lunch
stressful,slavery worked hours,no life
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 9, 2018
This is the worst place to work as a Dietary Manager.
16 hours a day, 5 days a week is not enough for this company. They work you like a modern day slave because you are a salaried manager. You only get paid for 8 hours of work the rest of the time that you are there is free labor. Not to mention PTO that they let you take at their leisure. Plus when you get home guess what, you guessed it more work for this shady company. Most Dietary Managers work about 8 hours per day, 16 hours per day is insane. Do not work for ridiculous company.
Pros
A meal if you have the time to eat it
Cons
Healthcare that would not hold up in the court of law
Nice environment
Night Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 6, 2018
I did my job and helped other people do there's.
I enjoyed spending time with the elderly and making them smile. I learned to not make friends on the job and stay to myself.
Terrible workplace
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 3, 2018
Some good co-workers, pay is terrible, very bad insurance, cheapest was for single $90 biweekly, no dental or vision. Mostly my co-workers don't believe in team work, not made to do the work that is assigned to them. Not being paid what other Cooks are making and was giving 4 hours of training. Would not recommend unless you just need a few dollars to get by.
Pros
Free food, co-workers
Cons
Low pay, terrible insurance, no training.
Fast paced work environment. Great benefits and good leadership
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Owens Cross RoadsJanuary 29, 2018
The work is fast paced which makes the time go by fast! I was off by 1 so I had a few hours before the kids got home from school. I get paid time off and Heath dental and vision insurance.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Early mornings
a good atmosphere to work in
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Guntersville, ALJanuary 19, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is having a manager that supports you and one in which i am highly motivated to work for! the job is also a good pace
Pros
managerial support