FELLOWSHIP HOUSE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Employment
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2018
The Fellowship house is a great place to work. The staff is great.
if you love the substance Abuse population you will do great.
If you want to be challenged this is the place to work.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Wonderful, established program serving disenfranchised clients
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 21, 2018
Recovery Associates, Inc. was originally only consisting of a halfway house but now offers a full continuum of care: OP, IOP, transitional housing, halfway, and residential treatment. The State of Indiana has a very good SUD treatment system that guarantees access to treatment for anyone who needs it.
Pros
Free meals, very grateful clients, good BOD
Cons
Hard to keep good techs
Appreciative of the opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 25, 2018
Worked for Fellowship of a few years, it is a family oriented environment. some supervisors can get out of hand a bit to the point where it was uncomfortable. Great place to start out in your career if you are into the counseling and substance abuse field.
Avoid this employer like the plague
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLApril 26, 2018
Been working there over 10 years. Can't wait to get another job. The CEO treats the members and employees like a number. Just take a look at the poor ratings with the CEO one of the lowest I've ever seen anywhere. Employees lie, cheat, very competitive to get nowhere with this company. Only lateral moves and no promotions and no salary increase. As a matter of fact the CEO required everyone to take a pay cut on top of firing many many employees without warning without notice. After several years the CEO was so proud of himself when he announced that he was given the original salaries back to all of the employees hooray hooray for him my goodness he retired. But then Fellowship house promoted some one to replace him as the CEO and she did the worst job ever. I'm surprised Fellowship house is still open today. The required documentation travel time too and from meeting face-to-face with members is unachievable. Fellowship house has one of the highest turnover rates in history in any Social Services Agency or employer. Office politics is rampid slave labor.
Pros
Cons
Management and the CEO does not care about the members or the employees.
Very High Stress Environment
Psycho-Social Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2018
Although I enjoyed my time working with the members at Fellowship House, the pay did not match the workload and expectations that were placed on the employees.
Great place to work low pay
Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2018
If you like working with people mainly the mentally ill population than this is perfect for you. Minimal supervision, you are just expected to do your work by deadlines. Direct management was cool but their higher ups were not very appreciative of the case managers hard work. They expect you to serve the members AND write all your case notes and got pretty heated if the notes were not done on time regardless if the members need your help.
Pros
flexible schedule easy once you get the hang it
Cons
low pay and horrible parking
horrible pay and management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2018
lots of work with little pay and recognition. weird pay schedule which makes it difficult to make a living, esp considering workload. high turnover rate
Low pay employer
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2018
This is a low pay employer accordingly to my position there. The pay does not match the position as a supervisor. In my department there is a lack of man power vs. responsibilities taking in consideration all 12 properties I have to take care of.
Productive and Enjoyed working there
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2017
Assisted Fellowship House members to obtain benefits, plan of care, housing, medical/mental health appointments. Monitored medication adherence. Visited clients in the community.
Pros
Indepence and support
A very good place to work for.
Case Management Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2017
Employees that I manage are a good work force and no problem to work with. I completed my doctorate while getting additional hands on experience in the mental health field.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Excessive travel time to and from work.
You don't get paid
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Palmetto Bay, FLSeptember 29, 2017
The pay sucks. Management is okay. The clients can be dangerous and there's not a lot of protection. Your co-workers are either really great or really bad.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
low pay
Great atmosphere, horrible pay
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2017
The members in the community are amazing. You connect with all the members instantly and the staff is very friendly, BUT the pay is horrible. They pay you a salary and you end up working over time as a case manager because you are always writing notes. You are not allowed to work while you are not clocked in, but you aren't allowed to work more than 37.5 hours either.. so you have to submit notes in time and you cannot write them at work because you are dealing with your members/clients.. you end up working at home because you need to turn the notes in and you end up working off the clock
Pros
the members are amazing
Cons
the pay
Great place to start your mental health career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2017
An excellent place to begin and grow into your mental health career. Great opportunity to move up into management positions. Supportive of education pursuits. Health care benefits are a plus. Family oriented, so great place for someone with a family. Excellent exposure to mental health community and invaluable skills learned for future.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
you will have a difficult time if you are a poor manager if time.
The most interesting place I've ever worked.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2017
My time spent at fellowship house was by far the most interesting time of my career. I was a case manager making $27K. It was a great starting point for me and the connections made while there have continued to serve me to this day. The people I worked with were fun loving and dedicated to executing the mission statement.
You learn a lot quickly
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
Its a great place to start your mental health career but you are severely underpaid, overworked and over stressed. The staff environment is great and everyone cares about the work but longevity isn't common in this company.
Never a dull day
PSR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2017
Managers/staff are great and it's a pleasure to work with the members. However, the pay is very poor and the workload is extreme. Almost always understaffed. Employees are often stressed and having to take work home with no overtime/compensation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No security for staff whatsoever
I loved working there
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  BirminghaApril 23, 2017
I felt I had a purpose when I worked there. We worked as a team to help others most of the time. At times it was stressful, but mostly rewarding. I will miss working there but it is time to move on to the next chapter in my life
Good place
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 21, 2017
I worked at this company for almost 20 years and enjoyed the different tasks I learned while there. I learned a lot and it helped me be who I am today.
Pros
Positive supervision, vacation time, interesting work environment
Cons
health care benefits
Friendly clients and helpful services
Residential Specialist Perdiem (Former Employee) –  South Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2017
My days spent working at Fellowship House were amazing seeing as though I love working with people with disabilities. I learned about different disorders and how to understand individuals with those disorders. Management on the other hand was very unprofessional in my opinion but that had absolutely no affect on my work attitude or the client-member relationship that me and those residents shared.
Terrible place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJune 14, 2016
Overall, this place treats you like a volunteer. Terrible salary and expect too much. No security on site while dealing with mentally ill pts. Patients have to be exposed to new employees all the time as people leave all the time.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Selfish administration. Treat employees like slave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FELLOWSHIP HOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.