Felton Institute
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Working at Felton Institute: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Just here for my clients

Clients are great. Peer support specialists offer guidance and support to people who are struggling with substance abuse, psychological trauma, or mental health disorders. They generally have first-hand experience with similar traumatic events or circumstances and work closely with a variety of professionals to provide counseling and rehabilitation.

I appreciate working for Felton.

I truly feel grateful to work for an organization that really cares for the well being of our clients and their families. I feel proud to have 18 years (and counting) working for Felton. This agency has given me and many others opportunities for growth within. I believe in the mission and vision of this organization.

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Vacation

Cons

No 401k. No Parking in Some sites.

Felton Institute insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment

Work Culture!

It has been about three months working for Felton and I love it here! The work that they are doing for the community is amazing. It is refreshing to see how passionate the staff is about their work. I appreciate how Felton treats their employees like family and how diverse the staff are.

Good and bad

There were some great leaders and some bad ones. There is high turnover. The work culture depends on which department you work in. Staffing is a challenge so that makes it hard on the employees who are working there.

Best Company to Work For

I’ve worked for Felton a little over six months now and I love my job. This company is very diverse and has a lot to offer the community. They care about employees furthering their education. They care about family. My team is like a family to me.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Flexible schedule

Cons

Helping people in the community

The organization's mission is great and it helps people in the Bay Area who have a variety of needs. That is good. Teamwork between divisions could be better. Overall was happy with the work I did for them.

Pros

creative work; great manager;

Cons

lack of teamwork

Good Luck!

A lot of the teachers and TAs are great, the Early Intervention team is legitimately incredible and so passionate. The overall culture though? Horrible! Rampant disrespect and disregard of early intervention kids, except when convenient, Not enough Spanish speaking supervisors, EI team is beyond overwhelmed (everyone is), management seems to think that Costco cakes will cure burnout instead of stepping in to actually provide assistance when needed. Told to pay for important safety measures ourselves, but can shell out tens of thousands of dollars on union busting lawyers. People wouldn't be this frustrated if they felt cared for.

Pros

Insurance, Fsa, Unionized/Unionizing

Cons

Poor communication, overload

Family Culture

My supervisors especially the CEO have been so supportive of my innovative ideas that I want to see turn into reality. there is a sense of belonging and it truly feels like a family environment- we’d bring food we cook for each other and find the time to laugh. The job culture is right up my alley and feels at home.

Pros

Benefits, my supervisors, Ceo, Hr, work locations, and staff’s amazing cooking!

Cons

Too many new programs happening fast, take it slow, & make sure there are enough staffing to support program expansion.

Dedicated mission

I worked in the Felton's SCSEP program for one year. Great manager who truly cared about her team. Hard-working, diverse and creative team members. With the pandemic beginning a month after I started, we all shifted to remote work, which curtailed most of the planned face:face outreach, however, our manager found ways we could continue contributing by doing a quick pivot to Zoom, online training and meetings. I enjoyed my year and my team!

Felton is an incredible place to work

It is a huge non profit so it isn't perfect. But its a super supportive and inclusive work environment in which employees voices are heard. Employees are given internal opportunities for growth. The leadership is very diverse and the company really does LIVE ITS MISSION. Felton is a super old non profit but it is also very innovative and flexible, which is incredibly unique. I am happier working here than anywhere I have ever worked before.

Pros

Leadership are diverse, supportive, caring and flexible

Cons

Huge non profit so a lot of the same issues that persist everywhere

Opportunity for training and CEU's

Challenging but rewarding work with participants and families. Workplace is supportive and diverse. Training and CEU's are provided. One improvement would be in the area of benefits.

n/a

As an employee for Felton Institute I work in buildings that assist teen moms, working families and families with financial hardship. I work with a 95% female to 5% male ratio and meet all project deadlines and perform above the expectation of the Director of Maintenance and Custodial.

High stress

The centers are hard to work in because the lack of staff. There are a lot of teachers who do not wish to be at work and the upper management does not provide the necessary supports.

Stressful Environment

The environment is very competitive and individualistic. The communications about expectations are unclear, and one is never sure if one is doing something correctly. Priorities constantly shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Felton Institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Felton Institute in popular locations

Felton Institute reviews by popular job title

• Felton Institute