Felton Institute

Felton Institute Work-Life Balance reviews

United States15 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

Helping people in the community

The organization's mission is great and it helps people in the Bay Area who have a variety of needs. That is good. Teamwork between divisions could be better. Overall was happy with the work I did for them.

Pros

creative work; great manager;

Cons

lack of teamwork

What is the best part of working at the company?Community contribution What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Engaging clients What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Excellent!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Joining the JFO and collaborating

Felton Institute insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment

I appreciate working for Felton.

I truly feel grateful to work for an organization that really cares for the well being of our clients and their families. I feel proud to have 18 years (and counting) working for Felton. This agency has given me and many others opportunities for growth within. I believe in the mission and vision of this organization.

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Vacation

Cons

No 401k. No Parking in Some sites.

Best Company to Work For

I’ve worked for Felton a little over six months now and I love my job. This company is very diverse and has a lot to offer the community. They care about employees furthering their education. They care about family. My team is like a family to me.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Flexible schedule

Family Culture

My supervisors especially the CEO have been so supportive of my innovative ideas that I want to see turn into reality. there is a sense of belonging and it truly feels like a family environment- we’d bring food we cook for each other and find the time to laugh. The job culture is right up my alley and feels at home.

Pros

Benefits, my supervisors, Ceo, Hr, work locations, and staff’s amazing cooking!

Cons

Too many new programs happening fast, take it slow, & make sure there are enough staffing to support program expansion.

Felton is an incredible place to work

It is a huge non profit so it isn't perfect. But its a super supportive and inclusive work environment in which employees voices are heard. Employees are given internal opportunities for growth. The leadership is very diverse and the company really does LIVE ITS MISSION. Felton is a super old non profit but it is also very innovative and flexible, which is incredibly unique. I am happier working here than anywhere I have ever worked before.

Pros

Leadership are diverse, supportive, caring and flexible

Cons

Huge non profit so a lot of the same issues that persist everywhere

Opportunity for training and CEU's

Challenging but rewarding work with participants and families. Workplace is supportive and diverse. Training and CEU's are provided. One improvement would be in the area of benefits.

Stressful Environment

The environment is very competitive and individualistic. The communications about expectations are unclear, and one is never sure if one is doing something correctly. Priorities constantly shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Felton Institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Felton Institute in popular locations

Felton Institute reviews by popular job title

• Felton Institute