Fence Outlet Employee Reviews

Back stab, nightmare , stress,
Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 14, 2019
Hate fence outlet, nightmare they treat warehouse workers and drivers like slaves there treated like dirt never work for fence outlet Orlando the big wigs have the owner of the company blinded.all the good workers left stay away....
Pros
Nothing unless you a snitch
Cons
Big operation with poor leadership
Customer Service Specialist / Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2018
Working for the people who manage the Orlando location was an absolute nightmare. Very few people working at this company actual have knowledge of the fence industry. Management is not open to ideas for improvement and management does not hold anyone accountable.
Would return to the company Without hesitation
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2018
I was given the opportunity to work at fence outlet for 2 years as an inside and outside sales representative. I worked in both the Tampa and Port Richey location. The company compensated me for my work with base and commission pay along with rewards of tickets or passes to local events to enjoy with my family on my time off. My upper and middle management team both took part in growing me from entry level to a noteable sales person. The skills I took from here I will use in future opportunities. My co workers were my TEAM. The atmosphere is very high paced and the company is rapidly growing. I would suggest this job to any self motivated individual. The company gives you all the tools to succeed (outside sales) company car, phone and charge card, you do the rest. I intent to return to fence outlet if I relocate back to Florida.
Pros
Great compensation, family atmosphere
Poor culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Not a good place for experienced sales people. The management in Orlando is anti saleso and very authoritative. There was very little training and no follow-up training after two days in the classroom. Mistakes are made and then they threaten to take it out of your pocket dollar for dollar
Pros
Cons
Many
Very poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLFebruary 17, 2018
I worked for this company for over 3 years. Bent over backwards for the company doing anything and everything asked of me or needed of me. All for broken promises. The sales manager (who came in after I did) was very mean, unappreciative, rude, and down right mean. He believed as if he was better than everyone and that even includes the owner. All of the “big wigs” were in total competition with one another. Put it this way. If you work for this company unless you are one of the big wigs favorites and tell on the people they don’t like then you will spend every minute you work at this place on edge wondering if you will be fired or what rumor about you will pop up next. It’s down right awful to say the least.
Close knit family type of job
Fence Installer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2017
I really love working for the company. It started out as a mom and pop shop, but has now turned into the largest fence company in Central Florida. Channel 9 news calls us “The Fence Experts”
Pros
Always 40 hours, learn a new trade
Cons
Too many chiefs not enough Indians
Cut- throat
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2017
boring slow days management was very picky and had favoritism co-worker where ok to work with the hardest part of this job was dealing with management on meeting days screaming and downsizing even the most profitable employee to strive for more.
Very professional
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2017
A very well organised and productive place to work with excellent inter personal relations to promote teamwork. Excellent flow of information from top to bottom of the company.
Pros
highly motivational
Cons
Hard work for little reward
Fence Installer (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FL 34668December 29, 2016
You cannot really make a living working for this company unless you are working weekends and until 7pm or later everyday (12 hour days). At that rate, you can make decent money. Don't do that if you have a family that needs any time with you at all.
good down to earth co-workers
PERMIT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2016
I was a Permit Tech for almost 4 years and it was good then but since the store has grown there is more competition among external stores in regards to number/quota. Is has become quite stressful.
Pros
good down to earth people
Cons
stressful place to work
Excellent Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2016
I've worked here just over a year. I've worked at other fence companies and unlike the other ones I have worked for they have a family friendly enviroment with great management team that is always looking out for the employees. I would recommend it to anyone if you want to be apart of a team and are willing to work hard.
Pros
Great people, work Monday- Friday during regular hours
Cons
Its hard work but its worth it
Grest work place free food in saturdays
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  ORLANDO FLORIDAMay 5, 2015
Is a great job for any one that wants a great start the best 3 years I had in the company but I had to move on in life for a new career in life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fence Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8