Fender Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Huge disappointment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2018
I began work at Fender with great expectations. Over time, I found it to be a typical corporate structure. Top heavy with management with endless meetings that accomplish nothing. No care for every day needs of lower level employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Honeycomb desk structure, not ergonomically friendly at all. Disinterested management.
ok place to work for
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 24, 2018
you have to work,security not hard job but must be very observant and do paper work correctly obey all safety rule.to keep people from theft and harm.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
doesnt pay well
work place had guitars to play in breckroom
InterGrainDept.Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 27, 2017
fast paced , bathrooms were clean . Not to many people I could speak to all in all it okay .great job for a person that loves the guitar industry. or likes to sand.
Cons
breaks were not long enough
Fast pace, super stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 3, 2017
Fenders, inc was super stressful. I was always a slowed down because of everyone before me, people always took random breaks to talk to one another which slowed me down to the extend of having nothing to do.
Pros
Manoeoukd sometimes buy breakfast or lunch
Cons
Supervisor was horrible
Terrible Place To Work-RUN!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 29, 2017
If you don't need this job, run and don't look back. The management team is comprised of people who don't know how to act in a professional environment. Corporate is demanding and the leaders are demeaning. They treat their subsidiaries poorly and set the standard for a poor culture. You work almost every Saturday and you are never recognized for your effort. Sure, you get most holidays off, but that balances out with all of the weekends you're expected to work. The compensation is okay, but at the end of the day, the guitar is not a really expensive commodity. If you want to get paid in manufacturing, you should go into aerospace or automotive, that's where the money is.

If you like a bad life, apply here. If you want a healthy and prosperous life, keep looking.
Pros
If you like music, then you can work for a company with a legacy.
Cons
EVERYTHING. There are so many bad things about working here.
walking time
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 12, 2015
it was a hard work, which I do my best, not fair with all workers just some of them. receiving was a work that I like to do the most check all the material was a challenge to learn more every day
Pros
no pros
Cons
un fair
productive fun and safe work place
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 15, 2015
great work place and easy to learn. training opportunities in computer skills. easy to get along with coworkers very supportive.
Actually a good place to work. I miss it
Freight Puller (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNMarch 30, 2015
This place is owned by Fender but is also KMC music . It can be somewhat aggravating to work here at times but so can any job . overall this is a pretty good place to work . Management here is very nice and are good people to work for.
Pros
15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch, lots of overtime and lots of sick days and vacation days
Cons
lots of women drama...lol....not great pay
Being a laborer at fender distribution in ontario CA.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Work Began at 6 a.m to 4p.m . I learned how to operate the receiving part of the job the rft scanner. Management were always there supervising the employees making sure they were working. Co workers work side by side working in teams. theyre wwasnt any hard things to this job . Most enjoyable part of this job was seeing good looking guitars.
Pros
workers were given products at the end of the year.
Cons
no cons at this job.