Ferguson-Florissant School District Employee Reviews

Great benefits but very unorganized
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOAugust 12, 2019
The pay and benefits are great, compared to other districts in the area. Working with the students can be challenging and rewarding, and that makes the day go by very fast. If upper management communicated and planned better, this would be a 5 star place to work.
good working enviroment
DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 5, 2019
Pay was acceptable and a vehicle was provided for most Director's. Long hours dealing with difficult public about their child. Parents very protective which is a good thing
Great Place to Work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 14, 2019
I had plenty of freedom with my lesson planning. My employer trusted me to make developmental decisions. The hardest part of my job was working with parents.
It's a job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 25, 2019
It's an income coming into your pockets. It's a lot of favoritism going on in the district where you're just happy to have a job to go to the next following day
Pros
School breaks
Cons
Pay
The teachers are professional, however they have ever increasing pressures.
Art/gifted education Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2019
Teaching is difficult in this district. There is job insecurity, high pressure, poor management, and discipline issues across the board. Teachers work very hard and are not appreciated.
Pros
Good benifits. Teachers are supportive. Working with students can be challenging. However, they can also rewarding.
Cons
Climate and moral are very poor. There is no consistancy in curriculum or discipline.
Working with students
Communication Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MODecember 8, 2018
I enjoyed working with the students and collaborating on projects. I worked in the middle schools and those students at that age are very inquisitive and need guidance. These students are learning effective communication skills.
Pros
Helping students with projects
Cons
Students are the same size as adults, but they still have the mind of a child.
Good staff support
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ferguson, MOOctober 24, 2018
Very good support from other staff members. Everyone always willing to help in any way needed with students or lesson plans left by absent teachers. Always had detailed lesson plans available.
Pros
Good staff support
Cons
Students behavior
Ferguson Florissant used to be teacher friendly.
Reading Coach (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOOctober 2, 2018
I originally applied to work in Fergflo because teachers were empowered to create curriculum. Now they have top-down administrative philosophy that inhibits teachers creativity.
Very nice schools and Teachers
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ferguson-Florissant School DistrictJuly 18, 2018
Everyday is a different experience. I love meeting and teaching the children. The teachers were very nice. Assisting with playground duty, field trips and programs were always exciting.
Pros
I enjoyed the children
Cons
No benefits
workers are like family
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2018
My favorite part about this job is the management and dispatchers, sweet loving people. They have fun activities at different times for the department to participate in
Pros
Home away from home
Cons
no medical insurance, some students not well-behaved
Decent benefits
Attendance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ferguson Florissant, MOJune 4, 2018
Overall it is an okay place to work. However, it could be a friendlier environment and better structure across the district.

Although the benefits and hours are pretty good.
A Good Place to Work While Doing Good Things
Printing Press Operator/Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 1, 2018
My 15 years at the Ferguson-Florissant School District were the best of my working life. It made me proud knowing that my work was benefitting the next generation of young Americans. Everyone who worked there knew that too and it was reflected in the camaraderie and the attitude of my fellow workers. The only real challenge was making do with old, broken-down equipment because of loss of funding to the district.
N/a
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2018
I loved it, awesome people awesome boss.. It was a wonderful experience..The kids at the high school were smart and most of them will be something in life..
This job does offer a lot of excitement and room to grow your skills.
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 26, 2018
In the field of Education, Ferguson-Florissant is a good place to work. However, I desire to work at a place where three are more systems in place for student success and as a teacher, I am able to spend more time planning exciting lessons instead of learning new curriculum multiple times each school year. Also in the primary grades, there is a greater need for additional support staff. The culture at my school is good between my colleagues. The culture can be chaotic at times for example in the common areas like the cafe', at dismissal and you may feel like you are on an island. The students can become hard to manage and it is viewed as your fault. Working in this manner for several years becomes quite stressful.
Pros
Job variety, resources
Cons
Very little prep time. If you are seen as an experienced worker, you may be overloaded with discipline issues.
Good experience working for FFSD.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 20, 2018
I subbed in grades Pre-K through middle school (never had a job at high school level), and I found it to be pretty much the same as any other local district. Pay is comparable to others. I had very uneventful days subbing for Ferguson - Florissant, and school staff and students were generally pleasant.
Workplace culture
Music Director (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 19, 2018
The culture of a work place improves when employees are phrased and respected in their jobs. Our students and colleagues supported this culture daily.
Pros
Working with my colleagues starting a new school year.
Cons
Report Cards, and the closing of the school year.
It's ok
Mailroom/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2018
I like working here to some degree. It is hard to advance into another position because of this skills test you have to pass;feel stuck/no benefits, none
Pros
Can maybe be an encouragement to a child
Cons
No one showing you the ropes
Hardest part of the job
Secondary Teacher - Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MODecember 31, 2017
The hardest part of the job is trying to a great job in the classroom with all the extra jobs besides teaching. Due to lack of resources, we are asked to do much more than teach.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Administration and all the new strategies that begin and then drop off
Nice Place to Work
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2017
Ferguson Florissant School is a nice place to work. The work environment is geared toward being family oriented and working together. There are a variety of employees with several different skills sets.
Pros
Vacations plus Winter & Spring breaks
Cons
Not-for-Profit
produtive
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOOctober 25, 2017
Its cool place to work I never had a problem working there Its a fun environment the only down side they pay for summer break when we off for the summer