Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive, fast pace, perfect company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2018
A Company good to work with,,with a self understanding of logistics based on merchandise. Company will work with you and your family love the time there on the COMPANY!!
Cons
Management do not care about drivers.
Driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 6, 2018
Hard work at first was hard get objects off of truck! heavy work involve. Lots of long hours hard places get to most where construction areas. Hardhats where required to do the work.
Pros
work M-F
Cons
Heavy hard work!
Productive fun work place
Warehouse Associate/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
I would recommend working at Ferguson Enterprises. It is a fast paced, high energy work environment. It offers many different areas to grow in the company.
Benefits
Cons
high stress
Apathetic Management
IT Admin (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 2, 2018
Take a look at the percentage of positive reviews coming from managers vs. subordinates... The management structure of the IT department is a self sustaining cliq of apathetic, non-technical people who slack off and gossip while deffering all responsibility to the technical associates and unqualified contractors. When things go right they pat each other on the back, when things go wrong there are no consequences because their superiors are their own friends. Unless you dream of working in a real world version of "Office Space", run far away and never look back. Working here was the worst decision I've ever made.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Apathetic Managers
Fun place to work, a lot to learn.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here. My coworkers were great and the immediate management was great, but the upper management tends to get involved in warehouse operations and complicate things. Even with the long hours, time went by quickly due to the environment. Just come prepared and know where you want to go within the company and how to get there if you plan on sticking around for the long term.
Pros
Fun environment.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2018
Stressful sales role with low base pay. Lots of competition within market. Barely made minimum wage with very low bonus and I was one of the top salespeople. You must “hold your own” here and stand up to the managers and the customers as you will be harassed and treated like a piece of meat. Very few opportunities for promotions. I enjoyed the people that I worked with. I developed life long friendships. The vendors sent the salespeople on wonderful trips to learn about new products.
Pros
Coworkers, travel
Cons
Pay, Management
horrible
Accounts System Conservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 25, 2018
RUNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont do it its not even worth it .. mamangement is a complete joke .. rude, nice nasty, and they leave for hours at a time and do nothing but gossip and play ..
Very active in community to help others in need
Credit Manager III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2018
Making collection calls, reviewing credit limits
Advancement opportunities
Dedication and hard work typically payoff
Develop a nice relationship with customers
Pros
Recognition for hard work
Cons
Long workday hours
My just Retired as their Senoir VP
Ran Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2018
I loved Ferguson and it was the only thing I had ever known sense graduating from college. I knew the business from the inside out & excelled thru their very difficult Fortune 500 Recognized Management Trainee Program. I had just came out of college in 2009 and wanted to be in sales but the economy was still awful & no one was being promoted so I told my father I am going to go out and learn to sell. They will welcome me back.
Pros
Got to work with my Dad some
Cons
Very long Days and Hours. I was young & thought I could achieve more by going into sales faste
Great people to work with, collaborative team, fast paced environment
Credit Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLOctober 16, 2018
A company atmosphere that you want to be a part of and stay with! Whether it's the sales department, credit department, showroom, warehouse or counter sales, all Ferguson associates are very friendly with one another and also committed to excellent customer service and diligent work.
Pros
Great benefits, great company atmosphere
Cons
Steep learning curve
Warehouse
Ferguson (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2018
I was able to experience all areas that Ferguson had to offer in my 20 years. I started as a order filler and advanced as high as I was allowed to as a department supervisor.
Pros
Work hrs, healthcare, stock options, and 401K
Cons
Wages are capped
Company is solid place to work.
Sr. Manager Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 14, 2018
Company is solid place to work. Solid opportunities for advancement. Solid professional enhancement opportunities. Solid culture. Solid leadership.
Employees are very mistreated by upper management and made shallow promises of advancement.
Driver CDL Class A 1 (Former Employee) –  Guntersville, ALOctober 10, 2018
Management has the mentality that they are more concerned with covering their own backsides than anything else. I had an accident in which a strip of metal banding material stuck in my right hand palm side just past my thumb and it needed to be stitched up. When I told and showed the cut to the plant manager his first response was, oh man I’ve had way too many Workman comp claims already and don’t need any more. He told me to push the cut together and he would super glue it together which would not work at all due to the stream of blood squirting out. I waited until I got home and my wife which is a RN cleaned it and put butterfly strips on it. I went to the Rapid Care the next day and the doctor told me I waited too long for stitches . This behavior is normal at the Guntersville plant every day.
Pros
Cons
Weekends off
relaxed atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 10, 2018
you are able to work at your own pace. training is encouraged and supported. sales is fast pace but everyone supports each other. goals for the company are discussed with management.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
A company is only as good as the people who manage it. The San Antonio office has gone through many management changes in the last 10 years. To much favoritism in organization if no college back ground not considered to be one of the good guys.
Pros
coffee, popcorn and counter days free lunch or breakfast
Cons
signing off from your computer to leave your desk
Reviews deleted often
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYOctober 9, 2018
My assumption is they paid indeed to delete negative reviews as many are no longer listed since they had the help from indeed to host a job fair.. other distribution centers also had job fairs. Please be advised of such.
Poor management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New Hudson, MIOctober 9, 2018
Poor management makes the job harder as you are not treated well. Tells you you are not fast enough when just starting something new, Put you on a 90 day waiting period to basically see if you can handle the job all the while your assigned boss is demeaning and harsh, which makes it hard to want to continue employment.
Productive and fun work place
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 28, 2018
Everyday was different on Counter with customers. Like really didnt know what day could be the busy out of week. You learn alot with plumbing material and how do basic plumbling to anything with plumbing.
Pros
Company Events
Cons
No Overtime
great people to work with
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 26, 2018
steady full time work. today i'm looking for a part time job today i'm retired i'm just looking for part time work i live in north Bergen i can be at work in five mins no matter what the weather
Pros
security
Cons
nothing
productive place to work, they even had a air hockey table
Putaway (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALSeptember 25, 2018
I always enjoyed working with my employees, everyone was friendly and helpful. I loved my job as put away and I received a lot of compliments for how i worked quickly and efficiently. My managers/supervisors and HR personnel were always helpful and friendly.
My typical day at work involved taking pallets from the receiving dock to put away lanes for pickers. making sure the product arrived in the put away lanes undamaged.
The hardest part of my job was working in the mezzanine, it was a lot of walking back and forth and heavy lifting required and making sure that all product would go into the correct locations.
Pros
we would have special dinners from the company
Cons
heights are hard to get used to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss