Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Receiving Clerk/Forklift OperatorReceiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 17, 2019
Not a place too advance unless your family . There’s really not to much to say all I did was my job.was never shown I was needed never told thank you for my service to this company
This is a great place to work. If you don't mind hard work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2019
I worked here for a little over eight months. It's a great place to work.
They will teach you all the ins and outs of the job and help you move up if you choose to make a career out this job. The company is wide and well known so you can relocate easily. They are very flexible and willing to help work around your school schedule. It is just a warehouse job but if you stick around and work hard you can rise up quickly and make a good living in just a few short years. There will be times however when orders are high and you have to work late or move very heavy appliances onto a truck repeatedly through out your shift. It's a very physically demanding job.
Pros
Good pay. Promote from within. Easy to move up. Many different job opportunities
Cons
Physically demanding. Long hours.
Productive Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/OPS Team/Quotations Admin (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 17, 2019
I downloaded several daily reports that had to be tweaked and then uploaded and sent out to various branches in our districts. These were on a time limit deadline daily. Also, several monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly and bi-annual reports. These were all in Excel and Access.
I have gained more knowledge regarding Microsoft Access and a few more tips about Excel.
Management is easy to get along with and are family focused.
They try to have a lot of team time and team building activities.
I enjoy my co-workers as we try to be there for one another both at work and in personal areas of our lives.
Pros
Learning new skills, flexibility with lunch times
Cons
computer speeds slow and lock up or throw you completely out often
every fun place to work!
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 15, 2019
this place is very busy and there is a lot of work to do, but this company knows how to take care of their employees. with that being said they celebrate birthdays, holidays, etc to the max. every moment they get they try to give back to the employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
short lunch breaks
Its an ok place to work. Managment rurns a blind eye to bad employes
Commercial Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80011January 15, 2019
Ferguaon was an ok place to work, management was not good at weeding out the bad employees, and great at ignoring the good ones as long as you were a yes man you went somewhere in the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
nice place to work
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 14, 2019
PICKER
Receiving
Forklift Operator ( Pallet Jack ,Stand Up, + Cherry Picker )
Accomplishments: I was a Loader for 3 years wrapping and loading skids into trailers and staging pallets in assigned locations. As a loader I also gain some picking and packing experience moving on to become a full time picker . As a picker I gain the ability to work at a fast pace performing one or more warehouse functions while meeting established productivity and accuracy standards.
Helping the Lead and or Supervisor in areas of confirming orders World Shipping + UPS + FEDEX Labeling
Not to good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Worked there 8 months and was fired for putting in a notice after being sent out constantly when business slowed . Don't know about office but if you are a driver I wouldn't waste my time. Very high turnover and blamed for everything wrong . I'm writing this cause I saw job open again so my replacement must have already left just 2 months. Run run run ... if u do go don't give notice u will be fired. U catch it from customers and the warehouse.
Pros
Decent benifits
Cons
To much left to driver
My time working at Ferguson
Truck Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 9, 2019
I come in on time every morning to start work. I've learned how to use the forklift correctly. Management there the office good and they you an understanding of how the company operates.
Depends on department/management
eBusiness Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 9, 2019
Good retention depends on department. Management is cutthroat. I'm filling up space. Unfair "grading" scale and random discipline for no reason. I
Good place to work depending on Manager and Location
Credit Manager/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 6, 2019
The workplace culture is different depending on each location and depending on the job. The job load can be quite stressful due to the workload being very heavy due to a push for lean processes and environment. Lean processes are needed for any company, however it is not more important than sacrificing customer service.
Pros
Stable company, alot of good people work for Ferguson
Cons
Very heavy workload, different layers of management creates a micromanaging environment, Very long hours

Want to know more about Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great Experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Great work experience. I enjoyed working in the Warehouse at my own pace. It was hard work but it was fun. There is a lot of responsibility that you must have over the products and orders. I wish i could have stayed but it was a more career oriented job and i needed to prioritize my education.
Pros
Set hours, breaks
great employees, bad pay
C.S./Counter & Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2019
Have to beg to get raises and even then you get put off for months and then only a 3% cost of living raise. Unless you have a connection with someone in power you will not be considered for a promotion.
Cons
low pay
Would work there again.
Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHJanuary 3, 2019
Good clean environment for safe work spaces. Slowed down on work but that is expected with holidays. would recommend to anyone who can get in the company
Pros
good pay, insurance and safe
Cons
work slow down
Delivery Driver/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALJanuary 2, 2019
Well most of the time I had a good day at work. And thing I learn was leadership, working good with others and managed other people and my self and nothing hard about the job
Pros
the company feed us every other week
Cons
short brakes
Great promotion potential for those willing to relocate
Regional Product Specialist III - Midwest (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2019
Much like my time at HD Supply, Ferguson intended to capitalize on products lines and markets acquired with their growth. A very similar effort was made to expand HDPE into other markets and industries that Ferguson was not in. Ultimately, the focus of the HDPE product line was diminished to a more narrow offering.
No room to grow!
INSIDE SALES INDUSTRIAL PLUMBING & HVAC (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 28, 2018
Great benefits, terrible staff, terrible management. Manditory 50+ hours a week for hourly and salary employees. If you're not one of the "good ole boys" or bonking a manager, it is nearly impossible to move up in the company.
Pros
Benefits, Lots of free lunches, friendly customers.
Cons
Staff, Management, Hours, Internal "Clubs"
Bad place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  55 Randolf St Passaic njDecember 26, 2018
This was the worst job I ever had no money lot of work with no advancement and a bunch of lies. Horrible place to work stay away as far as you can from here.
Pros
Barbaque
Cons
Nothing to speak of.
At the time i was there it was OK.
dock stocker (Former Employee) –  Richland WA.December 21, 2018
I only worked there a year but it was fast paced some days and slow others.I learned a clot about there computers. Lots of warehouse stuff. The management was good. Workplace culture was fun at first. My hardest part of the job was working with my boss.He fixed things himself instead of showing me how to do it.The people i worked with.
Pros
All indoors
Cons
The work day was never the same some were 10 some were 12 jump around daily
teamwork
Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  deer valleyPhoenix, AZDecember 21, 2018
high volume, low comradery,unbalanced workload, internship before promoting from within,10 hour days with no break and 30 min lunches if you can get away from customer,
love servicing customers .management has favorites
Pros
customer lunch every other Wednesday
Cons
no breaks w 1/2 hour lunches, 40%teamwork, no leadership
Sales driven organization
E-Commerce & Private Label Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 19, 2018
A typical day at work involves dealing with customers that are generally not very organized which puts them in a hurry to get the materials they need. That is probably the hardest part of the job. The best part would be the associates. For the most part everyone gets along and contribute to a healthy work atmosphere.
Pros
Employee Discounts for tons of products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight