Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great company
Data Quality Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 13, 2018
Working at the headquarters is a great environment. Leads are supportive and will help you develop your career. The amount of knowledge gained in this industry is fantastic.
Great culture, difficulty progressing
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 12, 2018
In the IT field, a typical day doesn't exist.

I've learned a lot about the different systems that we manage and how we affect the business's ability to stay up and running.

The management could be better but the workplace culture is okay overall.
Very positive workplace,with an everyday learning and rewarding work place.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2018
I very much loved my 2 1/2 years in outside years with Ferguson, the support the travel the coworkers I worked with were a wonderful experience.

The ability to take a new Lighting showroom and along with my other co-worker, we were able to turn it into a prosperous thriving showroom. Mgt was very helpful and supporting, letting us do what we had in our dreams to make it successful.
Pros
Very professional and a wonderful experience.
Cons
Sometimes we didn't have enough mgt support when needed, but the always got back to us.
not for the motivated
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  MASeptember 10, 2018
need to be hard working but lack of opportunity local is difficult. only favored people get advanced. hard to get raises unless threaten to leave or have another job offer. people are great to work with.
Pros
people, health benefits
Cons
pay, opportunity
Challenging and inspiring place to work
Supply Chain Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 8, 2018
I began my career with Ferguson with a desire to advance and build my career. Ferguson is the kind of company that recognizes hard work and rewards accordingly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is Ferguson's commitment to employee's health and their involvement in the community.
Benefits
Cons
New upper level management change
A VERY good company to work for!!!
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Haverstraw, NYSeptember 5, 2018
I was interviewed and got the job the same day. Started 3 days after I was offered the job. been with this company for a little over a year now. job security is really good here. always room to move up.
Pros
always room for pormotions
Cons
worked hours
Installer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 29, 2018
Good job to work for, very productive and require you to meet your goal.This job requires you to focus and work steady..you always learn something while working here
Cons
Health care
Good work experience.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 29, 2018
Good company to work for. I like helping customer. I like problem solving. My daily day would be in bound calls and out bounds calls to customers or manufacture. To help with customers needs.
Good people good company
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Ferguson. Everyone has been there for a long time. You can advance if that is what you want to do. They seem to care about the employees. If you work hard you are rewarded.
Pros
Decent benefits. Good work culture. Good people.
Cons
Pay could be a little better
Work Place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2018
Ferguson was a great company to work for. They valued their employees and treated everyone of them with respect. The culture was very upbeat. I learned many things about plumbing but also how to work in a different environment, it was a supply house.
poor management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2018
they dont have a clue what is to do a route. no buddy cares they are only waiting for you to make a mistake. dirty place no cleanes at all the costumer service is a nightmare. manager dont listen to drivers the just dont care
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
careless poor management
Dept management team lacked direction and focus
Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 22, 2018
My typical day as a business analyst consisted of multiple meetings and the construction of agile user stories with supplemental documents. The required documents were changed frequently due to the management team. The work priorities constantly changed and some projects were abandoned after considerable work was complete due to management's inability to present realistic expectations and specific project requirements.
I learned that if there is not a strong leader to band the team together then the team will fall into chaos.
Pros
opportunity to work on diverse applications
Cons
political in fighting, personal agendas, team members do not work together and large number of contractors
Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  City of Newport News, VAAugust 22, 2018
Great Work/Life Balance, Wonderful People to work with, Management is a hit or miss. Great place to advance your career and be exposed to a many different things.

Role is sometimes unclear - causing you to take on more duties than expected OR not take on the duties you expected.

"Good 'Ol Boy" culture is a negative. Need more diversity at the top and upper management positions.
Great work environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYAugust 22, 2018
Fast moving and challenges my skills. helps to sharpen my abilities.Always something to learn. Good group of people to work with.Has a great safety awareness program.
Pros
creativity, camaraderie
Cons
Non
Great place to work. Higher than average wages, lots of benefits.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYAugust 21, 2018
I have been working for the Ferguson DC in Coxsackie for 3 years, in that time I have held a steady job where i am challenged by my Managers and peers in a fast paced competitive environment. I am getting a good wage for my work; with paid time off etc. Ferguson has given me the ability to have a comfortable life for me and my family. On top of that, management goes above and beyond for their associates, this include: monthly home cooked lunches, yearly company picnics for workers and their families, incentives, and plenty of recognition.
The only downside is that there are a handfull of negative associates that complain about everything under sun (overtime mostly) . They act like they speak for the whole workforce, but really they just complain louder than the rest of us. Childish.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, good people
Cons
Overly entitled complainers
Productivity based
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAAugust 18, 2018
This company is fast paced when it comes to distribution centers. Everything is productivity based . Breaks are only 10 minutes abs lunch is 30. Management for the most part is not bad.
Pros
Good benefits and good pay
Cons
Not a whole lot of chance moving up
Good entry into the workforce after college.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed my experience and value skills I learned while at Ferguson. They typical workload at that time was 45-50 hours per week and was expected. Overall I am glad that I worked for this organization.
Poor Management
Sales Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 15, 2018
This Company gave me a good Jumpstart to my career. I learned a a lot about what not to do in management. The people that I worked with is the only positive take away that I have for this company.
Pros
Very stable
Cons
poor management, training, worklife balance
Low-stress environment that lacks challenge
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2018
Environment is low stress but there is a lack of challenge that I am looking for in a career. Location is good for commute. Turnover is somewhat high for the size of our office.
NIce COmpany
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 14, 2018
This company has a very conservative management team and a very strict culture-if you didn't fit in or behave a certain way there was no room for individuality. People stay in their roles for a long time and others don't move up quickly
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Old fashioned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss