Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good place to work with little advancement opportunity
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, AL 35968May 15, 2018
Hard physical work but standard set hours. Overall good explanation of expectations and enforcement of all. Gave opportunity for you to feel accomplished when you departed each day.
nothing fun
Delivery/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 12, 2018
I didn't learn anything with this company, I just felt h
they didn't want you to move up.Manager was pain in the butt,was always in a bad mood and when he was, he always got onto you about the little mistakes you made. he made me feel uncomfortable about me job.Couldnt work peacefully.
Fun place to work
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 10, 2018
It's construction so there are ups and downs. Too much control from manager on which accounts or areas you can get or go in. Money was okay but good stepping stone into sales.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
management plays favorites with sales
fun place to work, met many great people there and are friends still
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 7, 2018
this was the most challenging job I had and the most rewarding also, I loved the work environment I loved how we could meet weekly for issues that arose throughout each work day
Great culture but long hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 7, 2018
The DC's are not as flexible and managers work over 60hours a week. The company has great intentions but is reactive and not proactive in terms of its people. It is a great company just need to focus on work life balance in order to keep good managers.
Pros
Company growth
Cons
Work life balance
Enjoyable but demanding with some opportunities for growth
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 3, 2018
Working at Ferguson IT is great, there are managers that work with you to exceed expectations. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement with promotions, however certain positions have recommended paths to take despite the experience you may have related to that position.
Good Company
HFM/MRO Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 2, 2018
Ferguson is a good company that provides a family run atmosphere in a corporate setting. They genuinely care for their employees and go out of their way to deal with any employee issues that arise
Pros
wholesome atmosphere
Cons
some travel
A growing, successful and fun company!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 27, 2018
I started working as a Receptionist for Ferguson Waterworks, in February of 2018, in their administration branch, which consists of a little under 20 associates, including the General Manager and managers of Operations, Credit, Sales, Projects, Municipal and the Branch, along with Inside Sales associates and an Administrative Assistant. Every associate is dedicated to their job and work well as a team. Our workplace is very professional, yet casual. Although everyone works hard, there is still a lot of laughter and appropriate times to have fun. I appreciate being treated with respect and knowing that I am a significant part of our team. Ferguson Enterprises is a growing company that is very supportive and encouraging towards their associates who express interest in individual growth. I am proud to work for such a great company and I really enjoy my job and the people I work with.
Pros
Full benefits package; work hours with weekends off; paid vacation, sick time, holidays and floating holidays; stock options; work-life balance.
Cons
The Walmart of the piping/plumbing supply industry
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 26, 2018
As with most places of employment you can find very decent people; but as in some businesses the people that rise to positions of management got there by either looking good (but not being good) or impressing the right people at the right time in the right way. Ferguson seems to have attracted more than it's fair share.....but I'm sure it varies from location to location.
Good job with union benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2018
The union provided awesome benefits for the entire family. No air condition during summer. Hours were good and people were friendly for the most part
Stressful environment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2018
High stress and not compensated properly. Room to grow but politics play a heavy role in decisions about promotions throughout the branches. Pro - Ferguson strives and succeeds at obtaining appropriate work life balance.
Tons of overtime but extreme pettiness
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 24, 2018
Pros about the company there was plenty over time
Cons: management is horrible, you have no voice there what so ever. There is only one side to every story or scenario
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 23, 2018
Working in the warehouse you work between 8 and 10 hours a day.The benefits are very good. You can advance if you put in the work. Would be a great job for single person.
Hardworking Environment
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, WVApril 19, 2018
My jobs at Ferguson was physically demanding but the environment was fun. The team I worked with did their job and we like working long hours. We packed up boxes, loaded trucks, and staged material.
Under paid.
Forklift Driver (Temp Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 18, 2018
It is a good company but they do not pay enough. I believe for the work your doing you should be compensated a bit more then what they offer. Also a very strict company.
Ferguson
HVAC Sales Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 18, 2018
Ferguson is a great company if you are looking to build a career. There are some issues when it comes to what could be considered a fair wage for the amount of work put in
Great Place
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJ 08701April 18, 2018
Great Company Great People.Good Pay Paid Time of Benefits, Paid Sick Time off, Annual Raises. Have to Work 1 to 2 Saturdays a Month 4hrs. Great People to Work With.
ok
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 16, 2018
It is beneficial to speak Spanish for job advancements and to communicate with most of co workers. The most difficult aspect of the job would be picking complex orders.
Great workplace culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 15, 2018
Ferguson has a great workplace culture with a family feel. Working in the IT department provides a wide range of role opportunities with fair wage and benefits.
Company unwilling to move forward
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 14, 2018
Working here opened my eyes to the inner workings of a large corporation. However, there is a reluctance to adopt new technologies and practices to make the task at hand easier. Instead, all management demands is greater volume while utilizing the same practices that were being used a decade ago. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different result,and that's what I found myself doing here.
Pros
Decent pay, occasional free lunches.
Cons
The technology or lack thereof, management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight