Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews for Counter Sales Representative

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 1,027 reviews
Good company to work for with lots of potential
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJune 7, 2019
With locations throughout the country and internationally, Ferguson is a good plumbing/HVAC supply company to work for. Being the biggest supply company of it's kind allows them to provide a lot of benefits to their employees as well as unlimited relocating opportunities.
Good old boys club
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 5, 2019
Shortly put, if you aren’t in with management and buddy buddy with “the boys”, you’re pretty much forgotten about and have a target on your back while they wait for you to mess up. Salary is decent for what the job requires, management/company as a whole is fairly unorganized. Co workers were decent. If outside sales didn’t know who you were, you were not trusted in the least to do your job and you end up basically becoming a glorified cashier instead of being trained up.
Pros
Salary, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Management, outside sales associates, lack of trust
competitive
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJApril 22, 2019
learned the Heat and cooling side of Ferguson. workplace culture is competitive, but friendly. Willing to help customer or employ with almost anything. most enjoyable part is fixing a problem a customer has, and the customer leaving with a smile on their face.
Great place
Plumbing counter sales (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 9, 2019
Great place to work for. Great endless opportunity You do your part and work your hard & care for what they have. They treat you as you treat them & that's with care & appreciation on what you do & repay on your hard work.
great employees, bad pay
C.S./Counter & Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2019
Have to beg to get raises and even then you get put off for months and then only a 3% cost of living raise. Unless you have a connection with someone in power you will not be considered for a promotion.
Cons
low pay
Productive fun work place
Warehouse Associate/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
I would recommend working at Ferguson Enterprises. It is a fast paced, high energy work environment. It offers many different areas to grow in the company.
Benefits
Cons
high stress
My just Retired as their Senoir VP
Ran Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2018
I loved Ferguson and it was the only thing I had ever known sense graduating from college. I knew the business from the inside out & excelled thru their very difficult Fortune 500 Recognized Management Trainee Program. I had just came out of college in 2009 and wanted to be in sales but the economy was still awful & no one was being promoted so I told my father I am going to go out and learn to sell. They will welcome me back.
Pros
Got to work with my Dad some
Cons
Very long Days and Hours. I was young & thought I could achieve more by going into sales faste
Productive and fun work place
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 28, 2018
Everyday was different on Counter with customers. Like really didnt know what day could be the busy out of week. You learn alot with plumbing material and how do basic plumbling to anything with plumbing.
Pros
Company Events
Cons
No Overtime
small fish in a big pond
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2018
with this company its just like any big company, they only car about the bottom line and not the people who work for them. and the home life and work balance is not good. you are required to work 50 plus hours and pay is just average.
Good company just branch location very short staffed and no organization or direction
COUNTER/SALES (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 15, 2018
Alot of work above normal because of being so short handed, I think it would be better if it was shorter hours for employees so your life after work would still be happening. I liked coming in every day cause I was always the first person in the building to open and set up everything. Alot of people just came in as the pleased.
Pros
good company
Cons
too many hours pay not enough and under staffed
Very Family Oriented with a low turn over rate
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2018
At Ferguson you literally hit the ground run once you have clocked in. Ever one a specific department to be in a job that needs to be done. Everyone knows what he/she needs to be do witch means managers typically have little need to intervene. As fast pace as the warehouse is it never seems to have a tense atmosphere. I would say the hardest part of the job is managing your time wisely, and knowing when to take a break. At Ferguson you have the free will to manage your work and pace yourself threw out day so you don't burn yourself out. And the most satisfying part about working at Ferguson is definitely the associates you work with.
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday.
Cons
Inside sales dropping orders pass the scheduled time.
Great friendly place to work
COUNTER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
I loved working for this company, had many great customers as well. Managers at this company were very helpful and cared about employees and all customers.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, good culture as a whole
Cons
Economy driven customer base
productive fast paced
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2018
day at work is real routine come in get clocked in make sure i have orders ready for customers to pick up if i ordered for them during the last week or day before then get coffee start my emails review then my oml then go into help customers and keeping inventory strait and answering customer questions on a daily.
Pros
good employees
Cons
some of the processes in how things are done i wouldn't do them that way there is an easier way
Stressful environment but great employees
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Customers are usually at the door at 6am. Most customers are courteous, but there is a culture of customers that are generally rude. The manager is a great guy, but a bit spastic and at times irrational. He, like most managers I imagine, do not like it when their employees take days off. Most days are stressful, since we are short-staffed. I and my counter supervisor make up for this problem, we do things that are outside the standards of our job. Phones constantly ring, customer flow is generally steady and many come during the morning or afternoon. Some customers will seriously test your patience.
Pros
All the coworkers are laid back, and are easy to get along with.
Cons
30 minute lunch, shop opens at 6 am
n/a
Area Counter Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 12, 2017
•Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
•Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
•Ens
Productive environment were you have hands on training
Assistant Counter Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 18, 2017
A typical work day at Ferguson is never typical because each day is a challenge and each day you are face with a problem that you must come up with a solution for the customer. That is a typical work day for me at Ferguson.
Pros
Great work benefits
Cons
A little more pay
Total lack of organization at this place
Inside Sales and Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 30, 2017
Managers were horrible people. The were rude and disrespectful and I was more qualified to do their job. If you are looking for a place to work keep on going.
Pros
Cons
poor management and no organization
Ferguson Enterprises
Counter Sales/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAOctober 24, 2017
Ferguson Enterprises is a commercial and residential wholesale company that is nationwide. Dealing mostly with plumbing and construction professionals with some walk-in trade.
Sucked
Inside Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCOctober 16, 2017
poor pay bad management !! Mnager was looking for way out and was transfered to Florida !! Money was tight and stress was high as numbers for branch was down !!
Pros
steady hours
Cons
low pay
great place to work
Warehouse Manager/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAMay 31, 2017
I was the hvac warehouse great place and people and management made coming work fun sold havc parts and equipment to all commercial customers fill customers needs that were placed
Pros
good place to work with good people
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

38%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss