Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Culture reviews

Found 206 reviews matching the search See all 1,060 reviews
Depends on what location
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2019
Worked at pinellas park, Florida great place great people everyone is super friendly, dave and art are the best in management I ever had. Moved to Aurora, Colorado. And now I no longer work for Ferguson. What's that tell you
Great Interview
Warehouse,Class B CDL (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 11, 2019
Workplace combines technology and easy-to-use features to transform communications, culture and workflows. Giving each employee a opportunity to learn more about what they are doing in their position.
very team oriented, profit driven
Showroom Consultant/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 9, 2019
Typical day at work was very busy. Appts. with clients and walk in customers. Work place culture is very team driven. Hardest part of the day was meeting deadlines on projects. Most enjoyable part of job are the co-workers.
Great Job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2019
The atmosphere is great I really like the place. We all operate as a team and that is what it really matters. I really like to work around supporting members and management.
Started as a temp
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAJune 21, 2019
Started working as an order selector through a temp agency. Very fun place to work, management team was very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend the branch i worked at.
Productive and a fun workplace
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 17, 2019
The culture at Ferguson Enterprises is great. Management is willing and so helpful in helping you succeed and get where you want to be within the company.
3041 Ferguson clackamas
Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 12, 2019
My time spent at ferguson was good up until an associate returned for Duty as soon as he came back it was down hill from there. Mentally abusive guy from the start and always talking bad about me when he could. Also the manager hides behind his desk never do you rarely see a manager. The coworker was quick to throw me under the bus and recognized the littlest mistakes i made but not the hard work i put into my time at the company. Whoever gets my old job i definitely feel sorry for you fella. Also better get use to change it's apparently apart of the culture at Ferguson.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Rude fake people
Excellent company
Commercials MRO Sales (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 14, 2019
Ferguson is a great company to work for. Everyone that is employed is treated like a family member. Wonderful atmosphere. Excellent management structure.
Great company atmosphere and great benefits.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 7, 2019
A great company that takes care of it's people with competitive pay, regular raises, bonuses, and amazing benefits. The company atmosphere is open and friendly even up to the CEO.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits, raises
Good Pay, Good Benefits but Not worth it
Credit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2019
The company itself advertises a want for you to have a work life balance but mandates a minimum 45 hour work week for most positions and 50+ for others. They expect a culture where no one goes to management with a complaint even though they advertise an open door policy. They want yes men and women who are happy to do whatever is necessary to keep the appearance of a happy working environment. It is very hard to do so as the culture is very cliquish and requires you to fit in or please leave. This is definitely a regional issue as the rest of Ferguson in other areas typically seems caring of it's employees.
Pros
Great leave benefits, vacation time rolls over, lots of time off, employee stock purchase options, and good discounts on personal purchases, even for friends and family.
Cons
The personal days are too regulated, the healthcare is mediocre, there is a need to conform rather than a desire for you to do a fantastic job
Good company
Deliver it Driver (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 28, 2019
Good people to work with. Great benefits, demanding at times but manageable. Good equipment to work with. Enjoyable work atmosphere, meet new people everyday.(contractor's).
Pros
Benefits, pay
Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2019
Ferguson has a great culture, some very intelligent and knowledgeable associates. It is a huge company and growing larger day by day. However, it is very difficult to advance.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Difficult to advance
competitive
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJApril 22, 2019
learned the Heat and cooling side of Ferguson. workplace culture is competitive, but friendly. Willing to help customer or employ with almost anything. most enjoyable part is fixing a problem a customer has, and the customer leaving with a smile on their face.
Great Place to Work
ACCOUNTING PARTNER (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 22, 2019
Ferguson is a great place to work, one of the top notch environments I have seen and has great perks. It's an environment any one would love to work in. Very hard work and yet great benefits and training.
Pros
High quality workers
Cons
Challenging, casual, and friendly workplace
Support Technician IV Microsoft AX Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 9, 2019
Typical workday included answering any calls and chats that came through the queue, responding to emails, assisting coworkers with any help they need, attend any meetings scheduled, work on any knowledge documents.

Learned about the back end and how to support ERP, Warehouse Management, Fleet, and Truck tracking software.

Management responds well to the concerns of the associates.

Enjoyable workplace with great coworkers and managers. Casual dress code with collared shirts and jeans/slacks as a requirement.

Hardest part of the job was learning all of the software and providing the kind of support the end users expect of the company.

Company culture has changed since I left.
Pros
Catered lunches a few times a year
Cons
Training for new employees not sufficient
free lunches
Forklift Operator and Order Picker laber (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 3, 2019
a typical day at work .what you learned. good management. good workplace culture. the hardest part of the job not en time the most enjoyable part of the job is fun
Pros
free driks
Cons
short break
WARNING: Work Here at Your Own Risk
Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 1, 2019
I was excited to start a career with Ferguson given the sales pitch they gave me during my initial interview. Throughout the hiring process management promised all sorts of wonderful things which they sold me on. Be warned, what sounds too good to be true usually, and almost always, is. After my first week on the job things quickly, and steadily, started going downhill. If you’re looking for a company that provides professionalism, organization and a comfortable working environment then I suggest finding somewhere else to work because you won’t find it here.

I soon realized management, and the interviewers, have honed their skills into deceiving many perspective employees into getting hired here. How do I know? Because I witnessed, first hand, the same sales pitch that was used on me being spoon fed to other interviewees. The same lines were used and the same promises were made as though they were reading from a script. These people are very good at making all sorts of promises like: We value our employees and provide a healthy team-work environment, we promote employees so that they have upward mobility, we offer a great benefits package and training, we offer an ample amount of overtime. The list will go on and on but let me tell you nothing can be further from the truth. They will never come through on anything they say after you’ve been hired. Their focus is to get you through the door, fill the gaps they need filling, and use you for whatever they want.

Management is the worst I’ve ever seen with a disgusting “machismo” type attitude. They walk around
  more... acting as though you are beneath them. They will micromanage you from a distance by using their most trusted employees to do their dirty work and you’ll never know it. Those same employees will report back to management on everything you do so don’t get comfortable. The turnover rate is very high and the environment is volatile, depending on your location.

Only managements favorites are usually offered overtime and the team-work here is nonexistent. Gossip, rude behavior, vulgar language, backstabbing and cooler talk runs rampant. Most of the female employees are responsible for the unchecked gossip that goes around. Management isn’t interested in correcting, or improving, anything just as long as the work is being done and the bottom line is met.

If you are unable to fall into the company “clique” or if you’re disliked, in any capacity, then your days are numbered. They will find creative ways of making your life miserable and uncomfortable. You are not considered an asset and never will be. Everyone is treated as a number and easily replaceable. I have seen employees come and go, at the drop of a dime. Any decent person that does work here, which is far and few between, usually keep to themselves. They refuse to speak up or suggest improvements for fear of being singled out and losing whatever employment they are clinging onto.

The training is beyond ridiculous. It’s very disorganized and they have a difficult time training people properly. You are expected to perform the entire job within a matter of 2, sometimes 3, weeks with the miniscule training that they actually do provide. If you make any mistakes you are rudely punished for them and are made an example of. The company uses antiquated computer hardware and software systems which makes your job that much more difficult to complete. It’s a very unrealistic mindset and culture with no upward mobility. The people that do receive advancements are the ones that have it in good with management.

I wouldn’t put too much credence in many of these positive reviews because I can tell you first hand I experienced “0” of what these people are reporting. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these positive reviews are false-positives left by company trolls to boost their ratings.

The pay is lower than the national standard. If you’re not working overtime then you are earning just enough to get you through to your next paycheck. Their benefits package is mediocre and their 401K is a joke.

My advice, only take a job here if you are so desperate that you have no other choice but then start looking for a better opportunity ASAP. Once you find something, run as fast as you can and don’t look back.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Fast paced and competitive
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2019
Ferguson employees want to win.
The culture was work hard play hard with the emphasis on winning
Customer interaction was posititive
Support from the management team was visible.
Pros
Various degrees of activity, No two days the same
Cons
Needed automation in the warehouse.
Fast Pace, Fun, Knowlegde and Experience
Driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 19, 2019
Great place to work. Learned a lot and gained lots of experience on warehousing. Class act management. Family atmosphere and team work outstanding. This is a great place to work. I had to leave cause of a personal matter but would definitely retire here.
Pros
Management and coworkers
Cons
low driver pay
Great for hourly associates.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 7, 2019
I use to work at this company and the company itself is outstanding. That being said the Richland location has a few bad apples in management that makes working there horrible. If you are hourly just know there is little promotion from within but if you are okay with that than I am sure you will enjoy working for this company. If however you plan on being salary than I highly recommend you do not apply. Management works minimum 55hr weeks (usually 60+) and the work culture is very negative (due to the few bad apples). The turnover rate is very high as a result.
Pros
Good wage/benefits
Cons
Very poor work culture and upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight