Ferman Motor Car Company

Ferman Motor Car Company Employee Reviews

United States28 reviews
Great expirence , learned to be fast past , learn to work with other people . Handling paper work , payments phone calls , usually filing from year to year , processing loan applications.
Pros
Great expirence
Cons
They don’t work with you
New GM of the store had visions of everything turning to digital and wanted to use that to the stores advantage. He created a new department for Video marketing. In the beginning there were 3 people hired. After 8-9 months, I was the only one left. Other two left for other opportunities.

The environment overall was great and culture was good even through they were in the middle of a culture shift with the new GM. My role was mainly to utilize video to take videos of the cars and send to the guests when they inquired online. Easy enough and everything went great for a while. But then it started to get to a place where everyone was expecting to get steak like quality with ground beef prep. I'll explain, Just making simple videos, were all were using our own personal phones to make the videos, filming and editing. Well The company did provide some phones after 2 months, but they are a couple generation old and were not even to to the quality of phones that we all had personally. But we couldn't use our personal phones because a.) there was not a strong wifi signal where they put us b.) were were having to upload those videos and it was eating through out personal phones plans, in which we were not being comped for. Along with that, because of my background in dealing with all things media and graphic design, I was asked to do a lot more than just those simple videos. I was asked to create some other graphics and more complicated videos, again, which I was not being paid for. Towards the end of my portion, I was being asked to use my personal professional camera
 - more...
Pros
Great People and Friendships
Cons
Pay and no Advancement Opportunities.
First of all, I'm a GREAT salesman, who decided to give car sales a shot. I can't believe a business of this size has survived being so poorly run. The "minimum" deal, a "mini" is $150 at this dealer. If it isn't a Raptor, Cobra, or custom jacked up pickup, it's almost definitely going to be a mini deal. You'll be lucky to get 3 a week. However, this is enough to get a bonus, which brings your pay to roughly $13/hr computed at straight time. You'll be working 60 hours a week for $2k a month. And because they don't care about you, you have almost ZERO shot of bonusing your first two months due to training.

The people working there are awful. I've worked in bail bonds, strip clubs, and the rent to own industry. They were wonderful compared to the staff at Ferman. The hiring and training manager lied to me about the numbers in my first interview. The secretary, who handles onboarding, and some training, treats you like you're absolutely the last person on Earth she wants to deal with. One of the finance guys lied to my prospect about a credit pull. When an alert showed up immediately on his phone, it made things a little awkward. Each of the sales managers, two of which I actually liked, said things to me that would have gotten them beaten into a coma in other circumstances. The GM "motivated" us by telling us we needed to sell more cars so that he could afford to repave the lot.

There is a call center that actively endeavours to ruin your deal. They represent the worst elements of telemarketing, and are the reason no one wants to give their contact information. I had a prospect
 - more...
Great environment! Great Management always easy to work with. Training is top notch! Management is always concerned about there employees well being this gives a great family atmosphere.
I have worked for Ferman for many years and I have advanced multiple times with my career here. They have a great family company attitude and work with you in training and any other situation that comes your way. Don’t make a mistake and pass up an opportunity with a great company like Ferman.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I've been with the team for 14 years. I started in an entry level position and worked up. Ferman provides countless opportunities for those willing to work for it.
Pros
Training Mentorship Growth
Cons
No free rides
High recommend to friends, great friendly environment, pay is great, and time off is needed as requested. AMAZING with family emergency! Any thing I need my boss tried his hardest to get it accomplished.
Terrible environment and incompetent management. Managers often step into the realm of harrassment in dealing with some employees. The company had to hire someone to come in and fix the daily running and procedures of the shops because of the incompetence of the head management and the drop in workload because of it. Avoid unless it's your only option.
Working within the Ferman Motor Company / Harley-Davidson Florida has been a great experience. It is a friendly / family environment with great benefits and an opportunity for growth and expansion within the company; 13 car dealerships and 6 Harley-Davidson locations. They are big on delivering a Premium Guest Experience as well as the development of their employees. I give them a 5 stars.
Extremely Bad Management in accounting office! The office manager & her boss could not manage the overnight shift at a 7 eleven! No training, No structure, Bullying in the work place and so much more!
Neither of the two bosses know how to manage everyday operations and have zero people skills with employees! You are treated more like their servants than you are an employee!

They pile more work on each individual than anyone could possibly achieve then they will ridicule & Bully you if you cannot get it done! Mind you, they expect things done with absolutely No Training.

One of them was hired as reg employee and couldn’t handle the work load so she was promoted! The other sits back & brags about how she did 3 times the work by herself up north but when you ask for guidance & training she first looks at you with that dumfounded shore look then she calls you out and tries to bully you in the presence of other employees. All because she herself has no clue on how one person could achieve what she’s asking!

Bottom line is unless you want to be treated like a servant, over loaded with more work than any one person can do and be bullied & ridiculed beyond belief Don’t bother applying here!

This of course is my personal opinion!
I thought selling Harley’s would be fun and exciting.. boy was I wrong. Management was very slow to do the job they were hired to do.. anytime you had a deal working they were nowhere to be found and when you did find them god forbid you didn’t have your t’s crossed.. and the hundreds of leads they wanted you to call was nothing more than junk. Even the F&I guy was picky about everything, it would take him up to an hour or more just to load a deal.. the pay plan bites too.. no matter how much you made on a bike it was a mini deal.. run away as fast as you can.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Cons
Management will take complete advantage of you. The managers here can't even manage a cake walk. The pay is absolutely absurd for what they expect out of you. I learned to trust NO ONE. Most people here are stuck-up, self entitled, conceded but kissing back stabbers. The Fermans are stingy people. Below minimum wage pay. Money wasted so ridiculously that it's a shame. Maybe the Fermans don't know that this takes place? Hmmm.... They claim to "keep families and employees first and running an automotive monopoly always". Just not seeing it here. The expected culture that you must adopt is one of; comply with our one-way work atmosphere we conduct or things will be difficult here for you. Very weird and hard to understand sometimes.
Pros
Cook-outs, free lunch on Saturdays, good choice of office coffee services to utilize, and on and on.
Cons
That the Pros listed above are the way they try to entice the employees with to keep them happy.
Women need not bother, if your really lucky you may get hired for sales, regardless of experience. If you notice no women are at the desk at any Ferman that I’m aware of.
You can watch male bonding at its finest, lots of lunches, hob knobbing and back patting. The lack of diversity is nauseating. If you would like to advance

You need to leave the company.
Pros
Non
Cons
On a typical day, working there wasnt too bad. A lot of women in one office. A lot of personalities resulting in a lot of issues. Hardest part is the stress and lack of proper compensation. No advancement.
Pros
Free lunches, birthday lunches, free tickets to events
Cons
No advancement, low salary
really enjoy working for ferman automotive over years made a lot money at this company parent was sick at the time and did want to go in the nursey home stop working to care of them.
Everything was terrific. If you get an opportunity to work for the Ferman's take it! New stores, soft drinks and experienced professional management.!!
The Ferman family is great and they've assembled an awesome team. There are many, many people who have stayed with the company for 20, 30, 40-plus years.
Friendly people, fun place to work. Customers are great. Usually promotes from within. Good health benefits and ability to call Teledoc a plus. Once a month cookouts are nice.
Great environment and opportunity to grow. Fair pay and no cut throats working conditions like other dealers have. Flexible schedules and days off when needed.
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays, company cook outs
I have been working at Ferman for 13 years. This has been the best company I have worked for. They care about there teams and our GM is what I feel is the best in the business. Management cares about you as a person. It is very family oriented and they are always ready to do the right thing by you as an employee and our Guests. Totally recommend working for Ferman.
Pros
Cons
None worth mentioning sometimes stressful but what job isn't
Great place to work. Management is understanding and family based. Most dealerships don't allow time for family activities, however, Ferman is pretty good when it comes to allowing time off or leaving early for a kid's school event or birthday. Work is steady but there is also time for interaction with co-workers. Management is fair and approachable, even upper management.
Pros
Family Oriented, Relaxed feel