Ferman Motor Car Company Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Best group to work for
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJanuary 6, 2018
Everything was terrific. If you get an opportunity to work for the Ferman's take it! New stores, soft drinks and experienced professional management.!!
Great family and company to work for
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2017
The Ferman family is great and they've assembled an awesome team. There are many, many people who have stayed with the company for 20, 30, 40-plus years.
Awesome place to work!
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  BMWJuly 31, 2017
Friendly people, fun place to work. Customers are great. Usually promotes from within. Good health benefits and ability to call Teledoc a plus. Once a month cookouts are nice.
Fun place to work
Service (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 27, 2017
Great environment and opportunity to grow. Fair pay and no cut throats working conditions like other dealers have. Flexible schedules and days off when needed.
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays, company cook outs
13 Years
Service Manager 2 (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Spngs, FLJuly 27, 2017
I have been working at Ferman for 13 years. This has been the best company I have worked for. They care about there teams and our GM is what I feel is the best in the business. Management cares about you as a person. It is very family oriented and they are always ready to do the right thing by you as an employee and our Guests. Totally recommend working for Ferman.
Pros
Cons
None worth mentioning sometimes stressful but what job isn't
Great place to work with a free soda fountain
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work. Management is understanding and family based. Most dealerships don't allow time for family activities, however, Ferman is pretty good when it comes to allowing time off or leaving early for a kid's school event or birthday. Work is steady but there is also time for interaction with co-workers. Management is fair and approachable, even upper management.
Pros
Family Oriented, Relaxed feel
advisor (Former Employee) –  tampaJuly 18, 2017
We spend a lot of time together and are here to repair cars and customers, make money and have fun. One thing I really like is that even though Ferman has a dozen or more dealerships we are still known by our name and not treated just like a number.
Pros
lots of spiffs, free refreshments, sports tickets, good pay
Not worth the stress
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2017
Most stores are managed poorly. Not to mention there is so much favoritism throughout the whole company. They rather give managers a raise than employees who deserve it and have been working there for years. They always contradict their rules. For example, family memeber aren't allowed to work at the same location yet, if you have some pull you could get away with it. You could basically get away with murder at this company. like I said poor management making it impossible to grow in this company.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Management and pay
Not so great
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 1, 2017
Not much advancement and poor compensation. Management was nice and helpful. It's a good place for someone new to the business, but not for experienced sales.
Potential for lots of money, no respect for your personal life.
Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 17, 2014
I don't know what the other review is talking about. They do offer a base pay if you don't make commission, however you have to pay that base pay back when you do make commission. So in essence you aren't really getting paid a base pay. They are essentially loaning you money. This basically means if you have a slow month you will be making minimum wage that you have to pay back, resulting in you literally making zero dollars for that month. It is like working for free!! In fact not only are you working for free but you are paying them to work there as you now owe them money.

Don't get me wrong, there is potential to make great money here, but not for everyone. I made good money at Ferman, however my co-workers didn't all fare as well.

Management tends to get very abusive, so much so, many people quit when I worked there because of it. Any complaints falls on deaf ears.

Lastly there is ZERO balance with your personal life. Plan on working "bell to bell" if you don't have eight cars out. You read that right! 8am - 9pm every single day. I don't even know how that is legal. They know the job market is down and you have to deal with it so they take advantage of the situation. Eight cars is usually attainable however it often takes three weeks to get to that number. That means for the first three weeks of the month you are expected to work from open to close every single day of the week. Does that sound like a fun environment to you?

I don't think they fully grasp that a rested workforce is an effective workforce. If you wear your employees down
  more... it is hard to stay positive and sell. You would see the morale of everyone nose dive because of these hours. I think if they understood that people need to have a life outside of Ferman they would see much better performance and it would result in better profits. Unfortunately they are set in their ways and they have key people in management that are old school that have no intention of opening their mind to the changing times.

This is a great job if you are single and have no life. If work is your life there is great financial potential here. If you have any other thing in your life besides work plan on that taking a back seat while you work here.
Pros
Possible great money
Cons
Hours, hours, hours, base pay needs to be paid back, management, No personal life
Best Family Owned Company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ferman on Florida-NissanNovember 24, 2012
I love Ferman's family values when it comes to their employees. This company even offers many opportunities for income through contests in addition to commission for sales. They are also the only dealership that I know of that offers a base pay if your commission does not exceed that in each pay period. I am very pleased to be a new employee! Also if you want to leave 15 minutes early, or need to leave for any time period for an appointment or something, there is no issue with management.
Pros
contests, financial opportunities, fair auto discounts
Cons
long hours-as with any car sales
Great place of work. Very competitive!
Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLMarch 2, 2012
Fun environment and the staff are great! Lots of room for advancement in this company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferman Motor Car Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ferman Motor Car Company Reviews by Location