Ferrellgas Employee Reviews

Stressful
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALJuly 16, 2018
Stressful working environment. No opportunities for associate workers to provide advice and support. Constant phone interaction with irate customers whom felt unfairly treated by Ferrell Gas. Short time given on phone with customer to satisfy dispute. Frustrating that customers needs were not handled properly.
Pros
Fair hourly wage
Cons
Company always aggravated at employees
I would not recommend Ferrellgas
CSS (Former Employee) –  NoneyaJuly 5, 2018
I simply would not recommend Ferrellgas as an employer. PeopleSoft is a horrible software that leaves a tremendous amount of room for human error. And there were plenty of human errors made and lack of any type of consistency. No adequate, standardized training in place. CSS staff that is capable and proven as a quality employee should be promoted promptly and the hiring process could use much improvement. A desirable starting wage would draw a much more qualified pool of potential employees. I felt that the owner was out of touch and did not listen to those who truly know what changes would benefit the company and move it into the 21st century. Thank you for this opportunity.
ok place to work
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 2, 2018
Ok place to work. While I was there the company was doing a lot of downsizing. My manager left and the closest manager was an hour away. Equipment worked most of the time. Our busiest time was winter and that is when we had the most problems with our equipment.
not busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 24, 2018
3 person office and not enough work for us to stay busy.
Supposed to be part time, was told could take what days I wanted.
Grandson came in from NY, I asked to that a couple of days with him and was told I couldn't take off when I wanted to???
Pros
Nice people
Cons
unless you got a call, nothing to do. Long days
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 14, 2018
Customer service reprensatives were very fun to work with all ways willing to help they made you feel like part of the family. All the drivers were outstanding.
Laid back, basically your own boss
DRIVER/DELIVERY (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 7, 2018
I love the job, but I just can't make it with what I'm paid. getting out every day and seeing the countryside is great. The hardest part is trying to guess when you'll get home.
Pros
Different places every day, pretty relaxed
Cons
Not many cons
Chopping block is wet with blood
Senior Unix Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 2, 2018
They cut people for the most idiotic reasons just to make a bottom line. They are "ok" if you just want a temporary position to make the bills, but I would not recommend expecting to retire from there. And their equipment is severely antiquated.
Secure job no room for advancemebt
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 2, 2018
I worked for Ferrell Gas 3 yrs they don't give raises or bonuses and management shows alot of favoritism with certain employees..if your looking for a secure job it's good but don't expect anything else. Also 10 months out of the year you only work 40hrs..
Pros
Secure job
Cons
No raises or bonuses
Everyone helps
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 11, 2018
The company is a mid-west employer with mid-west values. They appreciate employees and recognize their efforts. It's a "field-focus" employer and gives recognition to field employees.
Pros
Grass roots
Cons
Cyclical business
Route Driver
Propane Cylinder Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 9, 2018
Lift a lot of weight every day. Guys will not fully cover your route if you take a day off, leaving you to pick up the slack.
Never got a raise.
Lack of advancement in my case.
Seen 12 people come in go in my 3 yrs there.
not fair to review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 9, 2018
This location has been through several management changes in the time since I worked here. For me to review would be misleading as I have no idea what the current work day is like.
Service Tech, Plant Manager, Market Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCApril 4, 2018
Hard working people and company. Everyone worked together very successfully. I enjoyed my time with this company and the people that worked there. Great job.
Not understanding routing
Bulk driver (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 2, 2018
New employees are being hired at a higher rate. IWe haven’t had reliable trucks for a few years. Would start every day with a route. Nearly every day having more (keep Full) customers added to route. I believe this can be managed better. The routing covers areas more than once a week. This can cost more in mileage, fuel, and hours to get these customers taken care of.
stressful
Bobtail Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2018
long hours no communication with upper supervisors.
would not work for them again nor would I recommend this particular job to anyone. This has no barring on my current situation as I am no longer with them.
Modern day slavery.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 27, 2018
Low pay for delivering around 350 plus propane tanks to convenient stores. By the time your done with day all you want to do is lay down. It was modern day slavery! I'm glad I ain't there anymore!
Bad Managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 25, 2018
Great people you are working with but managment has no clear plan of what they want to do. the turnover rate is high for a reason. no clear expetations set for you.
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, FLMarch 22, 2018
Ferrellgas is a fantastic place to work! Winter is hectic and fast paced and the summer's are much, much slower. Great benefits and uniform program. Most management is great! Highly recommend!!
Decent job. Terrible pay for the amount of work. No raises.
Lead Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 7, 2018
Decent job. Decent benefits. Terrible pay. Worked for 3 years never have I received a raise. Have to wait years for openings to be allowed to advance forward through company.
Pros
Decent benefits.
Cons
Salary/ Pay
Good place to learn and earn on the Sales side.
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Prospecting, permitting selling and retaining accounts.
Propane and its competitive market and competing at a high level in that market.
Managing multiple task both operations and sales.
Team work, we accomplish more as a group than as an individual.
Working around operational failures.
Enjoying the completion of a complex project together.
Pros
Good Commission program
A great job for the family man.
Delivery and Sales (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 23, 2018
If you need to be home for your family and life, this is the job for you.

Ferrell gas has a strong position in the market and will be there for you when you need them. They roll with the punches when the market is out of control but never take it out on the employee.

A solid, hard working, crew that flexes for everyone's needs.
Pros
full time work even if the work is slow.
Cons
Have to work long hours is bad weather.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferrellgas. Our community is ready to answer.