Ferrellgas Employee Reviews

Good work place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Good work place and a good job all around. Loved the job and would return if given the opportunity. All in all a great place to work, pay was good as well.
Company vison needs to be followed by field employees and filtered down
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Poor upper management leads to high turn over in the field. The company vison is not followed or in line with what is followed in field operations. Employees are left with the uncertainty of always having a job or not
safety oreinted
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Ferrellgas like a lot of the big companies was focused on giving the customers a dependable service. They also focused on customer and employee safety.
Pros
slower summers
Cons
driving in bad weather
Productive and enjoyed all employees
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARSeptember 4, 2018
Schedule safety meetings. Give drivers their routes, answer phone, schedule deliveries, fill up propane bottles, enter tickets in pc, balance end of day, do bank deposit.
Pros
Keeping trucks not safe on road
Cons
Healthcare
exp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perris, CA 92570August 30, 2018
I looked forward to getting to work, and start helping all our customers. everyday was a new day, new experience I loved every minute. awesome office job
Productive, fast pace in the winter. Do what we can in the summer to get ready for winter
Driver (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 30, 2018
It's a good job. Benefits are good but I don't get a raise every yr but insurance goes up. I'm on call every 5th week so I'm use to being on call. I deliver propane to customers, paint tanks in the yard in the summer time or fix cylinders.
Pros
Healthcare, payed vacations
Cons
Sometimes no lunch but had to put in lunch
Very hard work but fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 28, 2018
Very excellent place to work good pay and benefits coworkers very cooperative and reasonable and a very fun employment and office staff are very professional at what they do
Pros
Cons
Hard physical work
Over all i enjoyed working there but became time for something new
Driver/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 25, 2018
Learned all aspects of propane business Including installation of propane systems on residential commercial and agricultural accts there was a set start time each morning then you would work tell the job was completed .If you were on the gas delivery truck sometimes you work 12hrs a day. Sometimes the job would require out of town work which hotel and per diem was paid The hard parts came when it came to raises or advancement people were being hired making about as much as me company had an ESOP program which recently took a huge drop appox 60%
Pros
full benifit package paid vacation
Cons
no chance of advancement raises were limited
Great teamwork and support
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Ashland, WIAugust 24, 2018
It is a supportive working environment with great benefits and regular bonuses. There are many opportunities for growth throughout the company. It is a wonderful company to work with.
Gas company - family owned
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 20, 2018
Family retained that home down feeling of home town business. Many of the office workers were of the millennials generation, due to hours kept. 24-7 on call. Benefits were kept for those that were full/part time employees.
Pros
Liked the people working there.
Cons
Temp status.
The company is not customer oriented
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOAugust 16, 2018
This company is cut throat. Upper management does not support employees who bring to light unethical practices within the organization and strive to cover up those unethical practices.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management & leadership, no support from HR, stressful work environment
No time for yourself
District Manager (Former Employee) –  WestAugust 15, 2018
Work 20 hours a day trying to keep up, general manager unrealistic. Great people to work with, management poor. No set goals, day to day survival. Waisted 15 years of my life.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, dirty work
Challenging
Delivery/Service (Current Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KYAugust 11, 2018
Great place, just wish pay was better , winter time is extremely busy, equipment is dated, need better trucks , new hires are paid better than existing employees, if they would keep up with the cost of living it would be better
Pros
Great people
Cons
Compensation
Good company
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, CAAugust 10, 2018
Overall good company to work for part time. Full time not to bad but older trucks. Needing repairs a lot. Hours were good. Job of filling on other hand, hard to find customers, no one updated palm devise or routes. always calling dispatch can't find address or customers won't answer phones. Tank way behind houses in bushes, gardens, or just almost out of reach of hoses. Not driver friendly location about 50 percent of the time. Customers Out of gas calls high.
Pros
money, hours, time off if needed.
Cons
Not driver friendly, tanks out of reach, paperwork and repairs.
productive company
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Kennedy, NYAugust 6, 2018
great place to work friendly atmosphere. Pay scale is good for the area for a entry level position. Good place for a alone worker, with self motivation.
Average company
Bulk Cylinder Driver (Current Employee) –  Franklin, PAAugust 1, 2018
Average company to work for. Manager is supportive and territory is reasonable. The pay scale needs to be evaluated as it is different in every state.
not to good
Administrative Assistant/Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CAJuly 18, 2018
I didn't like when we where short staffed and this happened a lot. We would have to do our shift and someone elses shift and do it all within our 8 hours. if we did not finish we would get yelled and told that we could not do any overtime.
For being strapped onto a moving truck filled with a extremely explosive material the pay really was horrible and they said that we where getting hazard pay when you really were not.
Stressful
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALJuly 16, 2018
Stressful working environment. No opportunities for associate workers to provide advice and support. Constant phone interaction with irate customers whom felt unfairly treated by Ferrell Gas. Short time given on phone with customer to satisfy dispute. Frustrating that customers needs were not handled properly.
Pros
Fair hourly wage
Cons
Company always aggravated at employees
I would not recommend Ferrellgas
CSS (Former Employee) –  NoneyaJuly 5, 2018
I simply would not recommend Ferrellgas as an employer. PeopleSoft is a horrible software that leaves a tremendous amount of room for human error. And there were plenty of human errors made and lack of any type of consistency. No adequate, standardized training in place. CSS staff that is capable and proven as a quality employee should be promoted promptly and the hiring process could use much improvement. A desirable starting wage would draw a much more qualified pool of potential employees. I felt that the owner was out of touch and did not listen to those who truly know what changes would benefit the company and move it into the 21st century. Thank you for this opportunity.
ok place to work
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 2, 2018
Ok place to work. While I was there the company was doing a lot of downsizing. My manager left and the closest manager was an hour away. Equipment worked most of the time. Our busiest time was winter and that is when we had the most problems with our equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferrellgas. Our community is ready to answer.