Ferrellgas Employee Reviews

Cut throat and power hungry.
Customer Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 3, 2018
Bad management. Moral issues caused by poor management. Untrained management. Power/control issues with people placed in management positions. Pay not up to standard. They do have good benefits.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor managment
Delivery Manager & CSR
CSR & Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, INOctober 25, 2018
To many bosses, doing nothing and sitting around while workers are busting but to get their daily work load completed. There was a struggle over territory and climbing the ladder.
Poor managment , no raises, no hot water
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2018
Poor management, no raises, no hot water in the restrooms , not allowed to used sick time earned, difficult to use any vacation, they cut hours or make you work OT, inconsistent
Pros
decent startng pay
Cons
no raises, no advancement, bad management
Official response from Ferrellgas
October 15, 2018

We value your comments and are sorry to hear about your experience. Please know that the happiness of employees is important to us. As a result, we are continuously working to create an environment that is positive for all employees.

Going to the dogs
Bobtail Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 4, 2018
Poor management . Lots of misinformation and dishonesty . No organization and a huge lack of teamwork . Lots of blame games . Inexperienced in customer service .
Pros
Cons
Lots of drama, no accountability
Ferrellgas
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOOctober 1, 2018
I loved my job in the Accounts Payable department, my team workers were great to work with and my managers was the best lady I could have ever had a a manager.
Pros
close to home
Cons
non
Fun but fast paced
Propane specialist (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAOctober 1, 2018
I would not suggest this place to a weak minded person this is a very stress job and very fast paced. Don’t get me wrong it’s a fun environment good people but hard work.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Weather conditions
Fun, easy going environment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MO 64068September 25, 2018
I love working for Ferrellgas. They have such a family culture and really keep you in the loop. Easy going environment and a great chance to see how you can work on your own.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay/ Compensation
Good work place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Good work place and a good job all around. Loved the job and would return if given the opportunity. All in all a great place to work, pay was good as well.
Company vison needs to be followed by field employees and filtered down
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Poor upper management leads to high turn over in the field. The company vison is not followed or in line with what is followed in field operations. Employees are left with the uncertainty of always having a job or not
safety oreinted
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Ferrellgas like a lot of the big companies was focused on giving the customers a dependable service. They also focused on customer and employee safety.
Pros
slower summers
Cons
driving in bad weather
Productive and enjoyed all employees
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARSeptember 4, 2018
Schedule safety meetings. Give drivers their routes, answer phone, schedule deliveries, fill up propane bottles, enter tickets in pc, balance end of day, do bank deposit.
Pros
Keeping trucks not safe on road
Cons
Healthcare
exp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perris, CA 92570August 30, 2018
I looked forward to getting to work, and start helping all our customers. everyday was a new day, new experience I loved every minute. awesome office job
Productive, fast pace in the winter. Do what we can in the summer to get ready for winter
Driver (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 30, 2018
It's a good job. Benefits are good but I don't get a raise every yr but insurance goes up. I'm on call every 5th week so I'm use to being on call. I deliver propane to customers, paint tanks in the yard in the summer time or fix cylinders.
Pros
Healthcare, payed vacations
Cons
Sometimes no lunch but had to put in lunch
Very hard work but fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 28, 2018
Very excellent place to work good pay and benefits coworkers very cooperative and reasonable and a very fun employment and office staff are very professional at what they do
Pros
Cons
Hard physical work
Over all i enjoyed working there but became time for something new
Driver/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 25, 2018
Learned all aspects of propane business Including installation of propane systems on residential commercial and agricultural accts there was a set start time each morning then you would work tell the job was completed .If you were on the gas delivery truck sometimes you work 12hrs a day. Sometimes the job would require out of town work which hotel and per diem was paid The hard parts came when it came to raises or advancement people were being hired making about as much as me company had an ESOP program which recently took a huge drop appox 60%
Pros
full benifit package paid vacation
Cons
no chance of advancement raises were limited
Great teamwork and support
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Ashland, WIAugust 24, 2018
It is a supportive working environment with great benefits and regular bonuses. There are many opportunities for growth throughout the company. It is a wonderful company to work with.
Gas company - family owned
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 20, 2018
Family retained that home down feeling of home town business. Many of the office workers were of the millennials generation, due to hours kept. 24-7 on call. Benefits were kept for those that were full/part time employees.
Pros
Liked the people working there.
Cons
Temp status.
The company is not customer oriented
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOAugust 16, 2018
This company is cut throat. Upper management does not support employees who bring to light unethical practices within the organization and strive to cover up those unethical practices.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management & leadership, no support from HR, stressful work environment
No time for yourself
District Manager (Former Employee) –  WestAugust 15, 2018
Work 20 hours a day trying to keep up, general manager unrealistic. Great people to work with, management poor. No set goals, day to day survival. Waisted 15 years of my life.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, dirty work
Challenging
Delivery/Service (Current Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KYAugust 11, 2018
Great place, just wish pay was better , winter time is extremely busy, equipment is dated, need better trucks , new hires are paid better than existing employees, if they would keep up with the cost of living it would be better
Pros
Great people
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferrellgas. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about