Ferris Coffee & Nut Co.

Ferris Coffee & Nut Co. Employee Reviews

Ferris is a great company, lower-level employee input could be value more.
Remove several toxic people leading production that don`t know what they are doing. Stop playing favorites, lead by example. Upper management can be distant from those working on the floor.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Unstructured, Lots of nepotism in the leadership deparment if you dont fit in their group you are out, plain and simple.
Be a yes man/woman and you'll last longer than some.
The Ferris values are great! However, they are just words that are only their perception. The reality is if your not willing to check the box, be a yes man/woman or ask questions you will be terminated effective immediately. Look down, do what your told, read minds, and be a nice little employee to be successful for a temporary amount of time.
Official response from Ferris Coffee & Nut Co.
February 20, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience as we pride ourselves on our fantastic team of outside-of-the-box thinkers who get things done, and we truly do our best to instill our values throughout the company. That said, we value all of our current and former employee feedback and we would be happy to learn more about your specific experience. Please feel free to contact HR to discuss. We wish you the best for your future career ambitions.
Fun people, relaxed olace good end of year bonuses
Good place to work just had to find something else the oay was a little on the low side. They are very strict on attendance. Your late one minute you wrote up do it three times in 6 months and yo2ir fired
Open environment
Clean and productive facility, with many long term employees that focus on the best interest of the business. Growth opportunities if you have the right approach and mindset for the customer focused business strategy.
Pros
Clean
Used to be a family atmosphere.
Atmosphere is changing under new leadership of the company. Core values did not apply to all employees. There was a lot of employee dismissals in the last couple of years.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good place to work at especially if you don’t have any factory experience, then Ferris would be a great place to start at. Not too quick paced. Staff and employees are friendly. Does need a permanent supervisor, someone who knows how to run the place and help lead employees and to keep them busy throughout the day. Seems like when a line isn’t running the employees from that line wander off to the break room or bathrooms and sit there for a while. No one notices or they don’t care. Would be nice if they helped other lines or clean up dirty or unorganized areas. Also, the pay isn’t enough especially if you’re a line lead and know various things around the company. They should step up and offer a better pay if they want to keep them around.
fun workplace,easy work,relaxed
That was a good job i enjoyed working there the only problem i had there was the location from my house. I started off at second shift before my second week i got a raise to machine op. By my third week i got another position oppurtunity to head up the roasting room but the problem i had was I had to switch to first shift for training I took the bus to work and had to be there by 6 a.m. the bus had to catch the very first bus of the day and it would still get me to work 5 minutes late. i told management they told me there was nothing they could do but mark me late everytime for a position that they gave me.
Pros
basically everything i liked that job
Cons
unflexible rules
Great, growing, and moving
Ferris is moving in the right direction and about to condense several buildings into one centralized location that will reduce the confusion running out of several buildings causes.
Overall coworkers get along, and feel like family. Management can be distant at times. There are certain cliques, like any workplace, but all in all there is no shunning or conflict between them. Toxic or inept leadership is dealt with timely (Happened somewhat recently in production).

Many times there are new things purchased or improved in areas that aren't exactly necessary, like the cafe, while other areas are denied upgrades.

Teamwork is big here. Any weekend (Saturday only) work is volunteer, unless it major and becomes mandatory, which isn't too often. I've never worked a Sunday, and the owner believes you are there for your family, and deserve to be with them. One time it was scheduled for mandatory on a Sunday by a production manager, who is now gone thank goodness, and the owner stepped in to change it.
Pros
Store and cafe discounts, good benefits, VERY family oriented and fair.
Cons
Pay is somewhat fair, but raises are iffy.
Great team &family oriented
Working for Ferris has brought a whole new perspective to work for me!! They treat me like family instead of someone who just work there!!! I would recommend anyone to ferris and I am proud to say I work for such a great company!!!!!!!!!
Know ones know what they doing, specially managment, They do not care about food rules or employee.
Administration is terrible, no ethics at all. If you like you have a chance opportunity, but no matter how hard you work that they are not interested. If you say yes to everything including lying on expiration dates of the food they okay with that. They only think about more clinentes, produce much with the worst quality. It is a large company with no future for workers the most ignorant can be your boss.
Administration
Pros
some times free lunchs, flexibles in time some times
Cons
bad insurances, they lie always.
Excellent work enviroment
Excellent work environment, great group of people to work with.
Have learned many different functions of the coffee and nut industry, roasting and packaging of products.

Enjoy each day always learning and growing. Industry is always changing with the nature of the products, customer wants and needs everything is grown not produced. Each year is different with the weather and growing conditions. Excellence is an everyday goal.
Pros
Work enviroment
Safe and productive environment.
Very fun, safe. Co-workers are very outgoing and easily to talk to.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferris Coffee & Nut Co.. Our community is ready to answer.
Ferris Coffee & Nut Co. Reviews by Location