Ferro Corporation Employee Reviews

Great internship!
Quality Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 26, 2018
Really enjoyed my internship here! Sad to leave. The work and team balance was exceptional and I learned a lot from the various team members. I'd go back in a heart beat!
Productive and laid back
Operator (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYMarch 12, 2018
Ferro is a great place to work for anyone who likes to keep busy yet get a few laughs in with co workers. There is always something that needs to be done to keep occupied, and if in a jam, the other workers were always willing and ready to lend a helping hand. the supervisors are great and very understanding and helpful when a problem would arise. The hardest part of the job would be keeping track of all the information you need to know to execute the job well. The best part would be the people. Always looking out for each other, and finding any way to make other co workers smile.
Pros
Co workers, 30 min breaks, pay, benefits
Cons
Standing for 12hrs, hazardous materials
Fun place to work
Master Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Business slowed down, lay-off's in effect. Doing the job of a supervisor but not getting paid for it. A typical day, things can change at the spur of the moment, must get used to starting one assignment and in the middle it will change to something totally different.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
business slow
Good money
Hostess Busser Barback Bartender Manager (Former Employee) –  Idyllwild, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Popular restaurant with the ability to move up in positions. Fun but busy work environment. Beautiful and state-of-the-art workspace. Professional coworkers.
Pros
Employee meals
Cons
limited breaks
Good job. Quick paced.
CHEMICAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHFebruary 1, 2018
This is an excellent position in the manufacturing community. Very challenging work. The learning experience was great, and extremely educational. A team enviroment.
Pros
Educational.
Cons
A very dirty job at times.
Unstable Company
Customer Service/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 24, 2018
I've worked for Ferro Corporation twice at two different locations and was laid off from both locations. Unstable company. Don't count on having this job to retire from. People were nice. Liked the working environment as far as my co-workers. Unfortunately, they promoted someone to be my manager that was just not experienced nor qualified to be a manager. This created a tense situation, but I enjoyed my job and the other people that I worked with. Needless to say, I will not be applying for a job with this company ever again.
Pros
private office to work from
Cons
Manager that was not qualified
Not a bad place overall
Stockroom cordinator (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I've worked here for over ten years. It was really hard to move up as a lot of employees chose to stay stagnant. Some people have been here twice as long as I have and only done one task their entire duration. However, I made some great friends over the years. Sadly the company moved their operations to the east coast.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Lots of work drama
Nice place to work
LAN Administrator / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 12, 2017
It was a great place to work, enjoyed the people and learning new things.. Also liked the fact I was able to work on printers, laptops, desktops, etc.. Some server work, learned new software, and new ways of doing things.. My boss was excellent and the staff was terrific,, Maintained over 200 computers in the office and plant so was a busy time, but busy makes the day fly by..

Was also able to use a lot of my talents, Zebra printing, writing drivers etc, as well as using Citrix Thin Client as I was the only one there that knew the software.. Made me feel important and that is a good thing...
Pros
Loved working there, people were great
Cons
wished it was full time
I just filled this out?
Capital Project Manager (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJNovember 20, 2017
More and more work
just do work
work work work
What more do you want me to type?
More and more
I am just typing to fill in this box
and the computer wants more and more...
When is it going to end
After the company was purchased by Ferro, it changed alot.
Mediums Supervisor; Product Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 28, 2017
Work was fast paced and required coordination to meet shipping deadlines. The people made the company. With the merger, the department expanded and new tasks needed to be learned. The budget allowed for training to properly address these new responsibilities. Unfortunately, upper management had their favorites. These "favorites" were treated and paid differently. I don't believe that "favorites" belong in the workplace.
Pros
More comfortable work environment.
Cons
Poor benefits for women and the acceptance of "favorites" in the workplace.

Want to know more about Ferro Corporation?

Ask a question
A productive, sustainable environment to work in
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 19, 2017
conduct work generated by the need to satisfy both the internal and external customer. priority drive with responsible care actions, for both the environment and customer care. Learn to manage emergencies,quick to respond to immediate requests, provide valuable feed back and on time request for information at a fast pace.

work with management to provide detail requests, on monthly and daily basis. worked in a diversified cultural environment with many different personalities and options.
Pros
security, sustainability and progressive company
Cons
short lunch hour, but workable
Amazing place to work!
Customer Service Representative (contract) (Former Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 1, 2017
• Processed customer orders received via phone, fax and e-mail; provided pricing and delivery information to customers
• Processed customer sample orders, MSDS and technical data sheet requests through SAP
Pros
Great company to work with!
Cons
Little advancement
Cool fun place with cool stuff to do all the time Very Big Factory
Machine Opperator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 17, 2017
Pace is everything and working with your tools is the best way to continue passing the daily requirements And be above the successful production status
Pros
Hour lunch
It was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJuly 5, 2017
Ferro was a good place to work. The position was challenging and I learned new things every day. The people were great to work with and Management was always helpful.
Pros
A lot of outside activities, including lunches, dinners
Cons
No real cons
it was a good place to work.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stryker, OHJune 11, 2017
Was a good job. They were bought out and closed. I worked there for 22 years. would still work there if they did not close? I had good history there and enjoyed the people.
Pros
i just enjoyed the work.
A good entry level job but not challenging enough
Senior Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 19, 2017
The alternating shift work was a pain.

Doesn't require a college degree although the job posting said it did

Good introduction to the workplace environment
Forklift driver/unload and load trucks (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILFebruary 27, 2017
loved this place,great people good pay,and lots to learn.Economy hit when i was there for 3 years,unfortuanatly senority won that one,so they let me go.Wouldnt mind going back.
Pros
holidays turkys and ordered pizzas on a good days work often
Cons
healthcare, breaks where pretty short
A Competent Chemical Manufacturer
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 21, 2017
A Cleveland based company that cares about its employees and has a backbone for innovation. Working in R&D helped me to begin to explore the vast world of Engineering and Material Science. Translating products to the manufacturing side of the business to bring new products to market was very rewarding.
Pros
Job Security, Great Benefits
Cons
No bonuses
Fun and productive
SAP MM/WM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work, Awesome nice cool Environment. Just that whether is really bad in Portland for almost 6 months. Its rain hard whole year. To work for company like NIKE.Inc is a great opportunity
Liaise-Fair Management Style
Deskside Support Technician Level II (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 15, 2016
Not much to say other than I enjoy the job and everything that I have learned working for this 100 year old company. I would love to see the management culture change, but that's probably not going to happen, which is why I'm looking for other opportunities.
Pros
Decent people to work for and I enjoy the job.
Cons
Extremely stressful