FERTILITY CENTERS OF ILLINOIS Employee Reviews

Poor HR and upper management
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 12, 2018
Was once an awesome job. Now it's all about the $ no concern for the hard working people or the patients unless you're on the "good list". It will implode. Constantly hiring, not because of growth. Run as fast as you can.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Everything else.
Fantastic Company!
Non-Clinical (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILJune 28, 2018
This is the best company I have worked for in all of my 18+ years in the medical field. We have a great team of nurses, and very impressive physicians. It is very rare to find employers who offer dependent coverage with their benefits, but FCI does!

The only negative thing I've encountered is that some employees who have worked here for 10 or more years are very resistant to change and openly complain about it. That does nothing but bring morale down for those who understand and embrace change.
Pros
Culture, Compensation, Benefits, Patients
Cons
Some seasoned employees reject change
amazing place to work.....
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
I love my job! I love my job! It is a great place to work and what we do for patients is life changing. We are paid well and there are tons of PTO days. I do get tired of hearing some of the long term employees complaining...adding unneeded stress to the daily work load. We are so busy each and every day!

My immediate manager is lovely. She is also very busy but kind and fair. Don't see upper managmeent enough but they are very understanding and compassionate.
Pros
Good Pay, Lots of free lunches
Cons
Stress, negative coworkers
Good company with very bad management
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2018
I have been here 10 years plus, up till about 3-4 years ago this was a wonderful place to work. We had a management change come in and in less than 2 months we lost over 40 good, loyal, long term employees, management here is HORRIBLE! Employees are treated horribly unless you have the "IN" with upper management, have nobody to support the employees, nobody trust the HR department, unless you want your business known all over the company. the co-workers are good people, most enjoyable part of the job is helping people build families, most stressful part was that there was never enough time in the day to finish all the work that you had. THE UPPER MANAGEMENT HERE HAS TO GO IF THIS COMPANY IS TO SURVIVE!
Benefits
Cons
management, no support for employees, managers and directors speak about employees amongst each other and not nice things
Management is the worst
Registered medical assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2018
They focus on the smallest mistakes an employee could make even if it outweighs the good we do. I wouldn’t recommend for anyone to work here. The stress level in my life has gone from 0 to 100 in the 3 months I’ve been here. If you don’t fit in with their group and discuss your personal life than you’re not the best fit for them.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Management is incompetent
Very Happy Here!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
This has been a time of growth and change with FCI - I have been here for 10+ years and have seen it all.....things are getting better each day.

Management is growing and we are helping patients. We have some employee that have left due to the changes. Change is hard - especially for those that do not want it, or are not gaining from it. I don't have much interaction with the leadership team or HR. They are always nice and friendly but don't talk with them much in my role.

Change is tough - but -having the negative employees leave is for the best! Moving on toward doing what we do best - taking care of the patients.
Pros
Working with Patients
Cons
Stressful, fast pace, drama from others, negativity from others
Low morale no employee benefits
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILNovember 15, 2017
I would not recommend this place not even to my worst enemy. Directors and doctors only take care of each other and do not worry about the rest of their employees who do all the work. Two of the doctors even realized how shady this place was and left. That should tell you something.
Friendly environment
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Lindenhurst, ILOctober 10, 2017
Friendly staff. Good benefits. Doctors are experienced and have a good pregnancy rate. Patients are very happy with the doctors and staff.
Not enough training.
Big turn around.
Management needs to be more understanding.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
too much running around in different locations
Worst place ever
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 23, 2017
I had my review back in October when I left the company and some how they managed to erase it. You will not last more than a month if you care about your mental health. Managers are awfull, love putting you down and disrespecting you. Your co-workers are great people. Some doctors are nice others treat you like you are nothing compare to them. They have lost so many employees because of the fact that there is no one in the entire company you can talk to with out everyone finding out. Can’t go to HR, upper management, it’s always your word against there’s. The company is always hiring not because the company is growing but because there employees quit with no notice in less then a month.
Pros
Benefits, pay, co-workers
Cons
Office Managers, HR and upper management
I am not sure what is more crooked. FCI or the US government
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
A family friendly company that has gone down. Employees are just a number, unless they have an "in" with the directors or are a director. Those employees with the most complaints get thousands in bonuses while the hard working employees get empty promises. Coworkers are amazing. Turn over has been the highest it has ever been and management does not see a problem with it. They believe that everyone is replaceable but refuse to replace the employees that need it most. I have worked here for over a decade and it has progressively gotten worse.
Pros
pharmaceutical rep lunches and Paid Time Off
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about FERTILITY CENTERS OF ILLINOIS?

Ask a question
Fast pace, really great team
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
FCI has an amazing team of doctors, managers and employees. We all work together well to provide the best patient care possible. This is a hard, fast pace job. Those employees that do not want to work hard will not keep up. This job is not for those that can't do the work.......

For those that want to be here - we are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Medical, Dental, 401K Match, 24.50 parking downtown
Cons
Busy sometimes stressfull
Run
Clinical Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 16, 2017
The only enjoyable thing about working here is what we do for our patients and helping to create families. There is no one for employees to go to as our head of HR department is like a warden at the county jail. If upper management does not like you they will attack you until you are either written up 3 times or walk out and quit.
Pros
Pto, Coworkers
Cons
upper management. HR department. Compensation/Bonuses
great work enviornment, adequete training
insemination specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
FCI was a wonderful place to work. I would still be working there had it not been for a sudden death in the family and having to move. Great people and the training I received was excellent.
Do not apply here
Medical Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 12, 2017
No lunch, over worked ,manger has her picks and staff not friendly. Human resource director very unprofessional fire all the staff who has worked over 10 years. Also the Glenview office manager work with Human resource director firing unwanted staff. Bad place to work since new management and new HR team started in 2015.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Bad management/HR
Stressful
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 1, 2017
I have learned about the medical industry in regards to fertility, the emotional toll it takes on patients and the commitment given by the staff
Not an ideal place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2016
Upper management and HR have no clue. This used to be an awesome place to work, but not anymore. Management cares more about appearances and the big $$, than retaining quality long term employees. Be prepared to work 50-60 hours a week, and if you are a nurse, you are salary, and not compensated for the extra time. Their are no breaks for the salaried employees, and no concern for complaints of working 55-60 hours a week, this is the expectation. Over 40 employees have left in under two months. They need to invest in more staff, give annual evaluations with merit based raises, and improve their employees quality of life, or they will have no employees. Best decision many of us ever made was to leave.
Pros
Salary comparable to others
Cons
Long hours, no help from HR or management
great flexibility
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 18, 2016
i had no issues working at Fertility Centers of Illinois. they are very good with flexibility especially when it comes to our kids. i left because i had no sitter for my child. good company good pay.
over all positive some down sides
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2016
friendly working enviroment.working with patients is the best part.No room for advancement is worst part.you will work hard because it is busy but will not be acknowledged for it.managment focuses on bad vs the good
Pros
location, friendly staff
Cons
managment/lack of opportunity for advancement
FCI Review
Patient Servces Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 25, 2016
I work for FCI for over 9 years and 7 months, the company is currently facing uncertainty. Physicians are leaving the company and offices are closing. Not a great place to work at now.
Pros
ok benefits and Free drug rep lunches
Cons
Disconnect between upper and lower management
Great team of fertility nurses and doctors
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2015
This job is where I got my start in the fertility field. I fell in love with the patients that I cared for and truly felt that this job was so personally rewarding.
Pros
Great team of nurse and doctors