FERTILITY CENTERS OF ILLINOIS Employee Reviews

We work hard, but have fun!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 9, 2019
I enjoy coming to work each and every day. I love my team and my colleagues. The environment is fast paced and challenging, but I am continuously learning. We are a growing practice and provide high end services for our patients. Our Glenview location is a brand new building and is state of the art.
Also, HR is awesome, friendly and very resourceful!
Pros
flexible work schedule, 401k company match, great PTO, fun environment
Poorly Run Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Do not apply at this company. Everyone's workload is beyond normal. They will expect you to work long hours then even on weekends because they do not staff enough employees for the amount of work the department's have. The training is poor, too many people feel they are managers and the ones who are managers don't even qualify as one. The company has to many problems and it's not worth the time to work there.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed company and departments.
Worst place to work!
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 19, 2019
Don't work here! The pay isn't worth it. Poor clinic management. They have no clue what's going on. No support from them at all. HR is a group of idiots who don't know company policy. They tell you one thing during your interview but they have other plans for you and don't care if it doesn't work for you. You will be tied to your desk and be lucky to be allowed to use the restroom. Lots of backstabbing and finger pointing. Trust absolutely no one, especially the HR idiots or Integramed. They don't help either.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Amazing Vision
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2019
FCI has vision and is a amazing place to work. We are growing in every way. The care that we give to the patients is amazing. I've been herre for over 4 years and have seen so many positive changes. Yes, communication could be improved; however, considering all the amazing things.......this is minimal.

Keep it up!
Pros
Good benefits and hourly rate
Cons
Integramed
would not recommend
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2019
would not recommend my worst enemy to work here.
its all about the money coming in. they do not care about their employees. its a revolving door for a reason.
Productivity and Teamwork
Patient Accounts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 16, 2019
The company has more than doubled since I started and continues to add doctors to the Team.

Our goal is to provide the highest quality care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients, providing compassionate and comprehensive fertility care.
Very good place tp work...
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
Great place to work. Doctors are amazing and the managers are fair. Good pay and good benefits - BCBS! PTO and 401K match are awesome. Travel between clinics gets a little long but that is too be expected. HR was great with the interviews and on boarding process. Glad I made the move to come here!
Benefits
Cons
Stress, busy, sometimes frustrating travel
Na
Registered Nurse PACU/IVF (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
My first job out nursing school. Taught me how to handle patient and be the best nurse I can be. Raises and compensation are lacking and that is why I'm looking for something else
Poor HR and upper management
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 12, 2018
Was once an awesome job. Now it's all about the $ no concern for the hard working people or the patients unless you're on the "good list". It will implode. Constantly hiring, not because of growth. Run as fast as you can.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Everything else.
Fantastic Company!
Non-Clinical (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILJune 28, 2018
This is the best company I have worked for in all of my 18+ years in the medical field. We have a great team of nurses, and very impressive physicians. It is very rare to find employers who offer dependent coverage with their benefits, but FCI does!

The only negative thing I've encountered is that some employees who have worked here for 10 or more years are very resistant to change and openly complain about it. That does nothing but bring morale down for those who understand and embrace change.
Pros
Culture, Compensation, Benefits, Patients
Cons
Some seasoned employees reject change
temp to perm (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILApril 24, 2018
For the most part, I send medical records to insurance companies to help them decide if the treatment was necessary. I also help out in other departments when needed and I'm helping the CEO update the SOP Manuals.
amazing place to work.....
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
I love my job! I love my job! It is a great place to work and what we do for patients is life changing. We are paid well and there are tons of PTO days. I do get tired of hearing some of the long term employees complaining...adding unneeded stress to the daily work load. We are so busy each and every day!

My immediate manager is lovely. She is also very busy but kind and fair. Don't see upper managmeent enough but they are very understanding and compassionate.
Pros
Good Pay, Lots of free lunches
Cons
Stress, negative coworkers
Good company with very bad management
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2018
I have been here 10 years plus, up till about 3-4 years ago this was a wonderful place to work. We had a management change come in and in less than 2 months we lost over 40 good, loyal, long term employees, management here is HORRIBLE! Employees are treated horribly unless you have the "IN" with upper management, have nobody to support the employees, nobody trust the HR department, unless you want your business known all over the company. the co-workers are good people, most enjoyable part of the job is helping people build families, most stressful part was that there was never enough time in the day to finish all the work that you had. THE UPPER MANAGEMENT HERE HAS TO GO IF THIS COMPANY IS TO SURVIVE!
Benefits
Cons
management, no support for employees, managers and directors speak about employees amongst each other and not nice things
Management is the worst
Registered medical assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2018
They focus on the smallest mistakes an employee could make even if it outweighs the good we do. I wouldn’t recommend for anyone to work here. The stress level in my life has gone from 0 to 100 in the 3 months I’ve been here. If you don’t fit in with their group and discuss your personal life than you’re not the best fit for them.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Management is incompetent
Very Happy Here!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
This has been a time of growth and change with FCI - I have been here for 10+ years and have seen it all.....things are getting better each day.

Management is growing and we are helping patients. We have some employee that have left due to the changes. Change is hard - especially for those that do not want it, or are not gaining from it. I don't have much interaction with the leadership team or HR. They are always nice and friendly but don't talk with them much in my role.

Change is tough - but -having the negative employees leave is for the best! Moving on toward doing what we do best - taking care of the patients.
Pros
Working with Patients
Cons
Stressful, fast pace, drama from others, negativity from others
Low morale no employee benefits
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILNovember 15, 2017
I would not recommend this place not even to my worst enemy. Directors and doctors only take care of each other and do not worry about the rest of their employees who do all the work. Two of the doctors even realized how shady this place was and left. That should tell you something.
Friendly environment
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Lindenhurst, ILOctober 10, 2017
Friendly staff. Good benefits. Doctors are experienced and have a good pregnancy rate. Patients are very happy with the doctors and staff.
Not enough training.
Big turn around.
Management needs to be more understanding.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
too much running around in different locations
Worst place ever
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 23, 2017
I had my review back in October when I left the company and some how they managed to erase it. You will not last more than a month if you care about your mental health. Managers are awfull, love putting you down and disrespecting you. Your co-workers are great people. Some doctors are nice others treat you like you are nothing compare to them. They have lost so many employees because of the fact that there is no one in the entire company you can talk to with out everyone finding out. Can’t go to HR, upper management, it’s always your word against there’s. The company is always hiring not because the company is growing but because there employees quit with no notice in less then a month.
Pros
Benefits, pay, co-workers
Cons
Office Managers, HR and upper management
I am not sure what is more crooked. FCI or the US government
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
A family friendly company that has gone down. Employees are just a number, unless they have an "in" with the directors or are a director. Those employees with the most complaints get thousands in bonuses while the hard working employees get empty promises. Coworkers are amazing. Turn over has been the highest it has ever been and management does not see a problem with it. They believe that everyone is replaceable but refuse to replace the employees that need it most. I have worked here for over a decade and it has progressively gotten worse.
Pros
pharmaceutical rep lunches and Paid Time Off
Cons
everything else
Fast pace, really great team
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
FCI has an amazing team of doctors, managers and employees. We all work together well to provide the best patient care possible. This is a hard, fast pace job. Those employees that do not want to work hard will not keep up. This job is not for those that can't do the work.......

For those that want to be here - we are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Medical, Dental, 401K Match, 24.50 parking downtown
Cons
Busy sometimes stressfull