Festival Foods
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Festival Foods Employee Reviews

United States578 reviews
worked as a produce clerk part time. after a while job becomes easy and you often are left alone to close the department. they try to make you greet every guest when they want you to be filling displays on the floor. pay is not good. flexible hours and very friendly staff.
Pros
friendly people, flexable
Cons
ten tile rule, bad pay
Work-life balance
Work life balance and festival foods wasn't that good either if your car breaks down or something they don't really give you much room to keep working for them at that point they don't really believe in having days off work
Just an all around great place! Associates are family and the leadership truly cares about you. Great opportunity for advancement. Once you get to be a manager, you’ll make really good money!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
None!
The place is a good starter job but the pay is very low and there is absolutely no pay raise growth. As a cashier right now I’ve been stuck at 9.50 and they bounce me around in the cashier position, click N Go position, Self check, bagging etc etc, so all in all I’m putting in far more work than what I’m actually getting paid. Also they are based off a point system so if you miss so many days because of something personal you get points.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Bad pay, a little unorganized
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Enjoyed my job most days. Was not given the support needed when asked. Was often left to fend for myself with no lunch break during an 8 hour shift.
Nice job i really like this job i learn at this job everyday i go in to do my job it pays welll and it starts early which i llike very much so i hope i
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pay
You’re constantly overworked, and you can’t let yourself stand still for 2 seconds, cause then you’ll get yelled at for doing nothing. Very strict, and manager didn’t respect people’s availability, and did as he pleased.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low benefits, overworked, bad management
My time working at festival foods was pleasant! It was fast paced in the deli but the day went by fast. My co workers were patient and understanding. Festival food has great benefits and I would most definitely recommend working for the company
I suffer from chronic pain so finding a job that would be able to work around my occasional flareups was very difficult, but Festival absolutely came through for me. My manager is understanding of my condition, and even makes sure I get enough days off a week to rest. The only complaint I have is how strict the dress code can be, which can be expected for a grocery store. My coworkers are kind and patient with me, and I can definitely see myself working here for a long time.
Pros
Fair hours, kind staff and customers, flexible schedule.
Cons
Pay is below average, especially compared to other retail positions. Strict dress code.
The deli is a very fast moving department in the store. I enjoyed this about the deli because if kept me on my toes. I work with wonderful people who are extremely supportive and would help me through anything work realated or not. After working here since 8th grade I’ve began to realize I’m ready for something new doing something I am passionate about.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Wears you out
I work iat frstival foods in the kitchen and I find that the work environment is faily stress free, and the employees are friendly. Not a great place for advancement though.
Just a job really, pay is not great the promoted the wrong person in our department and did nothing about it. Tried too get more skills and do some training.
I have been with Festival for almost a year and I love it more and more! The management listens, helps, and response quickly to concerns. Team players are always ready to pitch in and lend a hand!
Pros
Awesome work atmosphere
Cons
Lower pay
A typical day at works starts with me going into the store and saying hi to my managers. then I clock in and go to work. the culture of the workplace is very inviting and freindly.
Pros
good people at work
Cons
some customers are no nice
I worked as a doughnut fryer and the manager was great for the first 3 months before a pt doughnut fryer came in then management and co workers started back stabbed me . When I was injured at work they weren't following doctors restrictions and wouldn't allow me transfer to different Department. There told me there was no positions available yet they popped up on my notifications. I would never refer anyone to work there.
It was a very nice and clean place of work, very direct of what is was that your supposed to be doing and the management was overall very nice and helpful
Pros
Everyone was nice
Cons
Poor pay
I really loved my job and what I did, but favoritism and drama were to much. The girl in charge of HR is very unprofessional, snotty and spiteful. Not exactly the code of conduct they preach. If you are a favorite of hers you are golden, if not watch out for your job. Upper management lets her get away with this conduct.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unprofessional conduct
It’s a fun working environment with pretty great managers. Sometimes you are scheduled when you request off, but it’s pretty easy to get a shift covered and the managers do what they can to make sure you only work when you are available.
Pros
Flexibility, Fun Staff
Cons
On your feet for up to 8 or 9 hours
Festival Foods was not only my first job, it gave me a feeling of purpose. Everyday i went to festival i was greeted nicely by everyone, simply because they had a 6 tile system where you had to greet them. Overall Festival was a good experience for me, they just didn't give me or anyone else enough hours; the place was overstaffed.
Pros
Good Staff, easy going
Cons
no hours, poor pay
Wants and needs dismissed by employer and management. Misinformed about job received, showed up to first day with an unexpected, undesired position. Consistently harassed by store owner about pants, which met dress code.
They had absolutely zero respect for my availability. I told them exactly what I was willing and able to work because of school and extracurricular activities and they agreed to it upon my hiring. I told them Tuesdays and Thursdays and only up to 4 hours a day. Instead of respecting my availability they scheduled me 4 to 5 days a week and up to 20 hours per week. It was way more than I could handle on top of school and they did nothing to fix it after I told them. They scheduled me whenever they wanted, mornings, evenings, or nights. It didn't matter to them. And they never told me when I had I stay until closing. They made it sound like if you are scheduled 5pm-9pm that you work 5pm-9pm, not 5pm-10pm/11pm or until whenever they finally cleaned everything up. Even if I was scheduled 5-9 they would give you points if you left before they closed. They are by far the worst company I have ever worked for. With the amount they charge for products, they could pay their workers a lot more too. I will never work or shop there again. Avoid working here like it's the plague.