Festival Foods Employee Reviews

Poor Managment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MNMay 13, 2019
There was only one manger that I believe s still there was very disrespectful to me and a few other member's that are no longer there. I was in and out of the hospital and she wasn't pleased that the doctor order a certain amount of hours a day and week for a few weeks, and wasn't going to accept my doctor notes on my absents for being in the hospital.
Pros
15 min breaks depending what shift you work
Cons
bad management
Great management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 11, 2019
I loved working here cuz they were very understanding when I had to take time off before and after my father passed away. I would definitely go back if they would let me. The staff was awesome
Pros
Reduced lunches
Cons
Nonr
Good place to work and good people to work with
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIMay 7, 2019
Working in the Deli is pretty fast-past and very strict on how things need to be done. However, I still had a good experienced working here because someone was always willing to help out.
N/a
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Holmen, WIApril 30, 2019
N/A - no review. Temporary employment while in high school. Left position to gain more hours/better wage at Canteen. Fabulous company to work for. Great leadership.
Great people
Meat department clerk (Former Employee) –  Hugo, MNApril 27, 2019
Is a good first job, good people. Pay isnt great, times are pretty flexible. Competitive advancement opportunities for part time, however there are not any benefits for part time.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay
Not recommended
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 19, 2019
Never have I worked in a more dirty and crowded kitchen. Coolers and freezers are packed to the max and impossible to move around in. Food is not dated and not covered. Old food is used on the hot bar. Health Dept. must be blind. Management is micro-management and crew is clicky and if they don't like something about you you won't last. Constantly nagged to go on the "Hub" daily or you won't get your lunch break. I was bullied and quit. And I am not the only one since I was hired. I have never quit or been fired in my 45 years of food service. Disgusted and lied to about what a wonderful place to work. Beware!
Pros
Cons
very stressful to get production done and wait on customers
A real family
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 18, 2019
I'd say the biggest plus is working with so many great co-workers. Also, the company's mission statement is actually practiced and the culture is welcoming and enjoyable.
Stepping stone
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 18, 2019
They try to be like a big family but they take on too much to chew sometimes and then their employees feel the stress of trying to hold it all together
Fun to work with friends
Cashier/Self check (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 17, 2019
Festival foods associates are the only reason why I stayed. The pay was the lowest I’ve had in years and after a year I got a small raise. No one covers shifts unless it’s your friend and you switch. This place is a popularity contest with moving up. I will never work there again. You only receive a 5% discount on food as well. I’m part time, everyone’s part time unless you’re favorited. Just overall, not worth it.
Pros
Breaks, small discount, the people you work with
Cons
Wage, hours, management, judgemental
Great Company. No Weekends.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 17, 2019
If your a people person or want to become a leader then Festival Foods is the place to be. If you like spending time with Family and Friends on the weekends say goodbye.
Pros
Advancement, Pay, Christmas Off, Vacation Time, Discount Card.
Cons
Constant Weekend Hours
Fun and Rewarding Position
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 16, 2019
The company promoted a team atmosphere with many opportunities for growth.

Associates ranged from high school to retirement aged and all were treated the same. Festival respects their associates and promotes the "Be the owner you are" philosophy. The associates are given the latitude to do what needs to be done to make the guest happy.

Management there was very accommodating and respected their associates. They were very willing to groom all associates for moving up in the company.
Festival is what you make of it
Bakery Evening Lead (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 15, 2019
And in my experience, it was wonderful! I got hired on as a bakery night lead and was able to advance in 6 months, as well as being given other great leadership opportunities including seminars to advance my skills. The culture here is great and rewards honesty over everything else, which is the best thing I can ever ask from a company.
A good place to work if you like cults
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GreenbayApril 15, 2019
I would not recommend working at festival to anyone. Bunch of back stabbers who are only looking out for them. Lots of changes usually nothing positive , to many managers
Enjoyable
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 9, 2019
I liked working here for the time that I did. The co-workers that I normally worked with were all super fun to be staffed with and the manager on those shifts was great too. Everyone I came in contact with in the store be it my department or another was super nice.
Pros
Atmospher
Cons
Co-workers didn't pick up shifts
good place to work for
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 3, 2019
manger are very flexible

Fun environment to work for

Human resources are patient and actually will listen to anything that is going wrong in the job
Productive and fun work place
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 2, 2019
It is a very fun atmosphere. You are always doing something while at work. You learn a lot about the grocery business. You also learn a lot about how to treat customers the right way.
Pros
Fun coworkers, 30 min lunches
Cons
On your feet a lot
A fine place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 1, 2019
Festival Foods tries to live up to their corporate philosophy. They may not always achieve it but they are serious about it, not just some slogan on the wall.
Decent job for first timers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIMarch 30, 2019
I applied as a cashier and quickly got promoted to service desk/CSR because I became age to sell tobacco and alcohol and I also asked for a raise and was still barely enough. Very stressful, low pay, barely any benefits and strict rules.s
Pros
Decent starter job
Cons
low pay, barely any discounts, and short lunch
Average
Bagger (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 26, 2019
Had to work different position for x amount of time, when that time had passed, I was still working the original position, they wouldnt schedule me to go back to what I was hired for.
Don't keep their word
Pros
Guests are nice
Cons
Management doesn't uphold policies
Festival Foods was a great place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54303March 26, 2019
Packaged Bread and baked good items; labeled baked items; stocked baked items. Festival Foods is a fast paced environment. I handed out donuts and other baked items.
Pros
Discounts and Lunch Breaks
Cons
Hours were cut.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Festival Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight