Fetch! Pet Care
Happiness rating is 83 out of 100

Fetch! Pet Care Employee Reviews

United States55 reviews

petanimaldogclientownerlovecareflexible

Management needs to work on communication to staff

When I was working for Fetch, there was a change in management. The previous manager had issues with communication and so did the new one. Fetch is supposed to be a flexible place to work, building what you can do around your schedule so you can make extra money and still have time for your daily activities. The management now constantly ignores availability, and often cares more about what they want versus what you need. It became very difficult, especially if you have other jobs to juggle.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

management ignores availability

The pets make it worthwhile.

There is no compensation for gas, cellphone, health, sick leave and during busy holidays, you put a lot of wear and tear on your car. Don't trust management. They treat employees like they are less than human. You can bust your tail feeding, walking, and playing with pets all over town, and get talked down to for silly mistakes you made when you are still learning how to do everything as a new employee. After your car is on empty and about to break down from all the miles you've put on your car, you realize you are only making $8.75 per 30 minute dogwalk. But you do get a quarter raise after you have been there for 6 months! You make pennies at this job but you do get to Choose which jobs you want. I don't trust management and don't think they are for their employees. They are rude and disrespectful to employees and don't have their best interest at heart. They will blame you for everything that happens at a location so be sure to document everything. I realized after being there for several months how the high cost of this petcare service, does not go to the employees, the people working their tails off but to management.

Fetch! Pet Care insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment

I used to love my job. The new owners came in and they always talk about the culture here is amazing. That culture is important to them but since they took over the culture has dropped tremendously. They fire people for absolutely nothing, they fire people without having been disciplined and that one time the entire time they’re there, they fire people just because they don’t like them. The only people they care about are those a family and have the same blood as them they don’t even care about their franchisees and they feed them lies and tell promises of what will be done and what can be done and then they don’t honor them this is no longer a company who cares about the culture or their employees.

Great People and Awesome boss

Really great work life balance and awesome clients who are very grateful! Also management that always advocates for you and is extremely understanding and sweet!

Work as much or as little as you want to

At Fetch you're considered a contractor instead of an employee, so there are unfortunately no benefits involved. However, the base pay and tips are both very good for the amount/type of work you do. How much you make depends entirely on how much you want to work and on the quality of relationships you have with your clients. Sometimes clients can be difficult - that comes with any service job - but most complaints go through management instead of directly to sitters, so it's less stressful than retail or food service. Get to spend lots of time with all sorts of dogs and cats (and sometimes other animals) which is obviously the best part of the job!

Fantastic flexible work walking dogs and taking care of pets!

I absolutely LOVED working for Fetch! It was very flexible, enjoyable work. I was able to choose which jobs i wanted, and then went to my client's houses to walk their dogs and take care of their pets (both dogs and cats). The compensation was fair for the work done. Overall a low stress, flexible, fun job i would recommend to anyone wanting to get paid to get outside and play with dogs all day!

The actual work (walking/sitting pets) is great, management and employee value… not so much

Overall, walking dogs and working with companion animals is a very satisfying job. However, companies like this do not pay you what you are worth and simply don’t value you as an employee. I can’t speak for any other management other than San Gabriel Valley, CA, Communication between coowners, managers, and employees is terrible. If you have an issue you want resolved be prepared for delayed responses and the “well technically I’m not your manager” type of confusion. And to be very honest, the culture is more cultish like, and if you don’t accept the walks they want you to (you’re supposedly in charge of your own schedule), they become very petty. I was actually stripped of my work for not accepting a last minute, unscheduled walk due to studying for finals (retaliation). Do yourself a favor, if you have experience with dogs/ pet sitting, just gather your own clientele. Make your own business cards and connect with your community. You will get paid what you are worth and not have to deal with petty drama from people who really don’t care about your value.

Pros

Working with animals

Cons

Dealing with unprofessional people, low pay

Good for some extra pocket pennies

I would say that fetch isn’t a bad company. If you are retired or a college student it would be good for some extra cash. There are a few things I really am not a fan of and the first is definitely that they take 50% of every visit. You get to keep tips but I’m sure if they are put in through the system (opposed to cash or Venmo) it is taxed. The pay has never been substantial unless you busted butt around town all week. You use your own car and pay for your own gas. The client requests become so overwhelming that it’s impossible to look at them all. But, they have never said anything to me about not responding to them (you’re supposed to reply to every single one). Overall I would say not a bad company but if you are experienced in pet care you will make more money on other apps or word of mouth.

Pros

Flexible, clients are wonderful, opportunity for cash tips.

Cons

Pay is trash, you use your own car, overwhelming amount of clients.

Sweethearts to work with everyday!!

You can basically accept or refuse the jobs you are offered and take only the ones you want. The hours are pretty flexible, and you are working with pets that give you unconditional love and trust every day!! They are so happy to see you when you come, so it makes going to work a joy!!

Pros

Happy little babies giving you kisses, and money tips from the owners!

Cons

If you accept a job, you have to follow through come rain, snow, or sleet unless the owner cancels!

What could possibly be better than spending your work day with adorable loving pets?

This is the ideal part-time job for me. I receive unconditional love and support from my 4 legged clients. Lots of fresh air and exercise everyday. Great support from management and colleagues. Clients (pet owners) are kind and appreciative.

Pros

Happy work environment, feeling of being appreciated and valued, fresh air and exercise while you work, the furry clients are happy when you arrive and sad when you leave.

Cons

Occasional extreme weather conditions.

Not a full time

Overall Fetch is amazing. Very flexible with scheduling so you decide what days and times to work. Make sure you are close to the city where Fetch is located at because most of the clients are going to be there. If you are far away it might be way more miles than expected and won't be worth the trip. Management is amazing and coworkers are amazing as well. If you are looking for a full time job this is probably not the best idea.

Pros

Flexibility with scheduling

Cons

Milage, not full time

Very part time but fun job if you like animals.

Fetch is a nice place to work but very part time. Sometimes you only work 30 minutes a day. But it’s nice meeting different cats and dogs. Staff in NYC are very nice and usually understand if you are not available. I recommend getting another job along with this because you don’t make alot of money if this was your only job.

Pros

Tips, animal experience

Cons

Lot of traveling, very part time

Fun workplace

I loved working here, it was very flexible to my schedule. My boss and colleagues were very helpful and assisted me when I had questions or concerns about work.

Pros

Cute pets, flexible schedule, great hours

Cons

You are an independent contractor and are required to get a business license

I worked here part time before quitting because the pay just wasn't good enough and they require you to get a business license which creates hassle for you at the end of the year when tax time comes. You aren't reimbursed for any miles although you can deduct it from your taxes, but it's still a pain to be an independent contractor, no benefits or anything. You don't get paid very much per visit so you don't make that much, not a very good gig.

Pros

You can decline or accept the jobs you want

Cons

low pay, taxed income, sometimes not much work in your area

Fetch pet care (Burlington NC)

Work-life balanceI love it I can have another job and still work for fetch. The hours depend on the day and monthPay & benefitsNo benefits and the pay is 60/40. The boss gets 60% of what you make per job. Good for a side job not for a main job.Job security and advancementYour a pet sitter, you can’t really go up from there.OverallI love working for fetch. It’s a good side job, but if your thinking of this as a main job you might want to just keep scrolling. I get to take care of other people animals while they are away and that’s the best part of the job, seeing them everyday.

Great second income

Great management and clients. Fun working with and caring for pets. Flexible schedule and awesome support from management. I love my job with Fetch! Definitely recommend.

Good part time job

If you love animals definitely a great job, must be willing to work flexible hours and holidays and weekends. More then just pet sitting, responsible for pets and peoples homes and the comfort and trust of every job you do

I love working with Fetch

I love and male and keeping the pets loved and clientele happy. I love being trusted and counted on with my independent work. Clients are very nice. You have the trust of client you must be trustworthy.

Fun place to work, Pets are awesome.

Working with fetch has been a rewarding experience, making sure pets are rightfully cared for and loving is nice to do. I would highly recommend someone who loves pets to consider Fetch!

Fun work environment!

Fetch! Pet Care is a great company to work for because they work around your schedule and location. You get the opportunity to help customers with their pets which is an all around rewarding experience.

Great place to work, great guy to work for

Excellent company to work for, easy going manager, very reliable company. You can work as much as you want, or as little as you like, its up to you how many hours you want to work.

Pros

own boss

Common questions about Fetch! Pet Care

Answered by current and former employees at Fetch! Pet Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fetch! Pet Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.7
InHerSight Score
1.3Personal Development
2.2Career Opportunities
1.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Fetch! Pet Care with

• Fetch! Pet Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?