FEV North America

Working at FEV North America: 29 Reviews

United States29 reviews

Teamwork environment

Great place to work. Inclusive and respectful coworkers. Direct management is great. Company has a very family centered culture. Workload can be hectic at times but everyone comes together to complete projects. Projects are often changing so it's never boring.

Pros

No micromanaging

Cons

Hectic work load at times

Below average place to work

Pay is low, expect to be 20 to 30% below market. Turnover is very high, all engineers are very new. The teams are understaffed, poorly organized with poor documentation and management system.

Pros

Good health coverage

Cons

Pay, turnover, zero company culture

FEV North America insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Good benefits and WLB

Nothing stands out about FEV. Pay is very low so FEV can beat everybody else on pricing. You might learn something if you're a recent graduate but otherwise, run away. For your own sake, don't stay more than a year or two.Management is slow to deliver on its promises, project organization is a mess, turnover is sky high because pay is so low. Most engineers are less than 2 years of experience so the in house knowledge is very weak.

Pros

Benefits, flexible schedule if applicable

Cons

Pay, Projects, Turnover, Company culture

High up management disconnected

Upper management is so disconnected from what really is needed and doesn't want to spend money on things that are. Raises are a joke dont even keep up with inflation. Lower management treats ypu well and does their best to take care of you.

Cons

Raises. Outdated equipment

Poor pay, poor advancement, OK benefits

FEV is selling their teams as highly experienced when they mostly are fresh graduates in order to keep the pay as low as possible.Wide variety of projects... That the customers dont want to deal with. Dont expect to work on anything really exciting. You probably will not learn anything new after 2 years there.Management is slow to follow market trends and does not listen to employees. They froze raises and bonuses in 2020 when the company was profitable.Many key players left in 2021 since they could find better offers almost everywhere else.There is simply no workplace culture.

Pros

Wide variety of projects, Flexible work, Competitive Benefits

Cons

Poor pay, No career advancement, Projects are what the OEMs dont want to deal with, High turnover, No profit sharing or access to equity, Extremely slow to react to market trend

An excellent place to start with. fair pays and great benefits. New hire get good training and a positive culture is circulating. Also, a lot of small projects.

Flexible work environment but poor pay

No micromanaging, and I'm given almost full flexibility to get my work done in whatever way I feel is best, which is awesome. Conversely, I'm underpaid by 50% for the average pay of my field and experience in the area. Raises and bonuses have been frozen for over a year ostensibly because of COVID, with absolutely no word on when they're ever coming back, even after they happily reported the company was profitable again. When people try to ask in the regular town halls, assuming the question is even acknowledged, the CEO just dances around the question and never gives a straight answer, which obviously does little to inspire confidence.Secondary benefits like healthcare and dental are pretty competitive, which only further deepens the mystery of why employees are chronically underpaid (I've spoken to about a dozen other employees over the last year and nearly all of them felt they were being significantly underpaid as well). The company is pretty open to remote work, which is also nice, but comes with its own headaches like VPN and server issues, not to mention the IT department is almost universally terrible at their jobs.

Pros

Flexible work environment, good secondary benefits

Cons

Poor pay, disorganized setups

Productive and people are nice to work with with Ping-Pong tournament

I say, I liked working with FEV. One of the best company I have worked with. If not with this COVID-19, I would have still working there. Business are slow right now. Hope things picked up.

Pros

Yearly ice cream, video conferencing with how business going, free food, etc.

Cons

Good health benefit, 401k matching, paid holidays, 5 days paid emergency a year

Tumultuous foreign run company, with questionable advancement

FEV is not a bad place to work if you want to learn a lot of skills fast (depending on department). Almost all work is dependent on contracts, so jobs can vary wildly, and much of the time management doesn't have the answers to your questions, so you need to figure it out on your own. Compensation for non-contract employees is worse than OEMs, same with benefits. Questionable bonus and advancement, as the NA branch isn't big, so the churn rate is high. FEV is still German run largely, so there is pressure for high productivity, without a more European culture of taking care of it's employees.

Pros

Good for skill building, self starting, HR tries with christmas parties and chili cookoffs

Cons

below average compensation, benefits not as good, pressure for high productivity

Lots to learn and develop skills

Variety of departments, lots to learn. Very good place for a starter to learn about engines and vehicles in general. Salary isn't the best but benefits and security compensate for the same. Interns, don't extend your stay for more than 6 months here

The work is exciting and challenging

FEV North America, Inc. is an exciting workplace. It provides interns with a fair amount of responsibility and quality work which makes daily work very interesting.

It’s a great place to work

I really love working here, all my supervisors have been great examples, my work and expectations are clear cut to me, I do my part to meet them, but sometimes I feel stagnant with little opportunities to grow both financially and career wise.

Good opportunity for interns

FEV was a great place to intern. I learned a lot and eventually was able to become heavily involved with the projects I was most interested in. The culture was good within the vehicle group.

A, for contract work

Fair European leadership in MI; with auto crisis, they did not play favorites. Everyone contract was dismissed at once. Not their fault that our democratic governor at the time didn’t diversify MI work force from automotive.

i choose not to write a review for this company

i, noy writing a review and i am insulted that this is a mandatory requirement. this requirement is a blatant violation of my privacy and is asking me to breach any confidentiality that i have with this company.

Lay-back, as long as progress is made.

A typical day would be working on your assignment given to you by your immediate department supervisor. Your assignment could be interrupted at any time, indefinitely - to work on more critical one, and resumed when complete. Each assignment has a job number. It's your responsibility to keep track of hours worked at each assignment. At the end of the week, all jobs with it's corresponding hours must be entered into company's database to get approved. Ones approved, you get paid every two weeks. Depending on the assignment, work week can range from 40-50 hours/week. Company offers generous benefit package and room to advance. Overall, if you follow rules and discipline, work hard and don't cause any trouble, your employment will be secured until there is no work. When you get laid-off due to company's lack of work, you'll be given a return date. This is supposedly, when things are going to pick-up. If you can't afford to wait, you can search for a new employer.

Fast Paced But Mostly Good People Make It Pleasant

Much like many other places, most of the work is boring and mundane. Although, the company has enough variation in their projects that keeps it interesting. Also most of the people are understanding and good to work with.

Good pay, good healthcare, flexible hours and working from home

FEV is good within the right groups. Executives are slowly learning that they can’t run all of FEV the way they have ran the core business units that FEV was built on (engines, benchmarking, etc). Healthcare is great, nearly no cost for the hmo, good pay, 90k+ straight out of school. Flexible hours, working from home Breaking into new higher tech areas but need to grow teams

Pros

Healthcare, pay, flexible hours, casual environment

Cons

Executives learning how to run higher tech business units

Fev

Fast paced and proactively challenging within a diversified set of engineers for current and upcoming engineering programs which included vehicle benchmarking along with driveline development programs which led to the first fully electric/hybrid test facility within the corporation

Could be better

Engineers leave the company within 3 years. Speaks a lot about the management

good place to work

good place to to work, good benefits. Managment will listen to any concerns or ideas you may have. Has flex start time and hardly any weekend work. new projects all the time, so never boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FEV North America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits