FGX International Employee Reviews

Not a good company to work for.
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 12, 2019
I didn't mind the job, but never could finish in the time they allotted you, so I wasn't paid for the time I put in. I couldn't leave a job undone, so I basically worked for free.
Pros
People at the store level.
Cons
Poor training and management. Not being paid for the work and traveling at your own expense.
very flexible job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIFebruary 25, 2019
I enjoyed it. Being able to set my hours as long as the stores got done by the end of the week. Or if you were not able to have them done. I had a wonderful manager tha was understanding as long as it wasn't all of the time.
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
wear and tear on car
great company
Forklift Driver/Inventory Control Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RI 02917January 28, 2019
I really enjoyed working here. My only issue was I was my commute and my salary. Other than that the people are great the managers are great. Great team to work with.
Pros
good people
Cons
money
2nd shift quit and fun work
Production Supervisor 2nd Shift (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJanuary 6, 2019
Nice place to work my boss was very friendly to me also most co-workers were friendly too. reason for leaving was family i worked 2nd shift, this was odd timing for me after working for 5 years straight.
Pros
free lunch, holiday gift cards and lunch
Cons
hours, because of 2nd shift
flexible work schedule
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  South Shore, MAJanuary 2, 2019
flexible work, sometimes very physical. Work hours varied depending on what needed to be done. Some inventory resets were very complicated, time consuming and physically hard to do.
Great Place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILNovember 21, 2018
Great place to work for. varied hours, on your own.Fill out paperwork, send in, not much to it, great management, no trouble working them on things.easy to deal with
Pros
on your own
Busy environment
SIS Input Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIOctober 1, 2018
Busy environment. Must be flexible in your job requirement. Everyone is helpful and fun to work with. The pace is fast and try to be as accurate as possible.
Flexibility in Schedule
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 14, 2018
Not a bad company to work for, the hours were inconsistent during most of the year, but the beginning of the year is the busy season and you will be busy for a mont or two.
Pros
Flexibility in own schedule
Cons
Low pay
Summary
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIAugust 2, 2018
I feel that the company could give extra time in the stores, since there is always quite a bit of work to do. Otherwise, the work is sort of fun, and you get to meet really nice people. I wish that they would give at least 20 minutes more in each store--it would help immensely. I think the best part of my job, is having a great manager!
Pros
The most important thing about work that really stands out to me is my District Manager!
Cons
You have to work really fast to get the job done in the aloted time.
excellent
glasses merchendizer (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, Fuquey VarinaJuly 25, 2018
Atypical day was usually to go to the store assigned and merchandise the glasses and sun glasses that were sent to the store. a few of the stores were new stores,. so I put the glasses on the stand in plan-o-gram order. i also worked with jewerly, and I liked doing the jewerly.
Pros
understanding the plan-o-gram
Cons
not able to put plan-o-gram ordr, because of not having the right fixture.
Flexible party time schedule
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 18, 2018
A great side job to have. not sufficient as a sole source of income. Paid travel. Must have a car. Able to work days you prefer as opposed to a set schedule
Horrible management. No training
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 11, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Low pay. When I was hired, I was told I would be working at least 20 hours a week. I'm lucky if I get 3 hours a week. District manager is a space cadet. They want you to be able to speak with them no matter what you have going on and then they give you no hours. Who can live off a $11 paycheck. This company is a joke.
Cons
An average job for merchandising.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 18, 2018
Doing the job in the planned time is more important than doing a superior job. Not paid for the hour to two hours a week to read updates on company's new work to complete. No night or weekend work.
Cons
Not paid for planning work or reviewing new work to complete.
Decent
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIMay 22, 2018
If "The Office" was a show, FGX International mimicked it. Way too much girl drama and gossip floating around the office. Really felt like a cube farm.
putting away and resetting sun glasses and reading glasses
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIApril 5, 2018
very low work hours, no benefits, nothing really set in stone. im never able to get a hold of management when i need to speak with someone. very poor work ethic.
Pros
get to make your own work hours
Cons
no benefits part time
Good
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJanuary 31, 2018
Days go by quickly, month-ends busy
Overtime is available to the best producers.
Must be positive and ready to react the changes by the hour and sometimes minute.
Not poor planning, just taking care of the customer is always priority as it should be.
Pros
stable employment for those who work
Cons
some upper management is too involved
Flexible and no stress
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TerritoryDecember 20, 2017
If you can be responsible and love to work alone this is a great job!! The begin is a tiny bit stressful because not a lot of training but once you get the hang of it it’s a breeze
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Not many hours
Typical work day
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RINovember 4, 2017
Fast paced. The internal systems and coordination between departments is very disjointed. Everything is very manual and time consuming and communication is done through multiple emails and meetings. Account managers have a lot of responsibility and must coordinate with other departments to execute plans and ensure business runs smoothly. Overall a good place to work and it is clear that upper management is working to create more efficiencies.
Pros
feel invested in the business
Cons
manual, time consuming processes
Great communication with Manager
Retail Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIOctober 30, 2017
Great team to work with everyone collaborates as a team. The company is Mission-driven and great relationships with a strong position in the market. Nice place!
Flexible Schedule
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 26, 2017
I liked the flexible schedule and had a great manager. Sometimes you will have short projects and sometimes long projects. Typical work day would be 4-6 hours. During projects it could be 8-10 hours.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low Pay