FGX International

FGX International Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

FGX International insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Company supplies materials needed

Would recommend for retired people , low hours, too many hours during reset seasons, paperwork is very hard, low mileage reimbursement, cannot make a living with only this job.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Hard paperwork

Cons: don’t like to give raises or promote employees

I worked for FGX for 3 years when the pandemic hit… the work is very easy and flexible but the pay was horrible and after 3 years I only got a total of .30 raise! They don’t offer a lot of hours either. Definitely a job for someone who is bored and doesn’t really need a paycheck

The work is easy and straightforward

The actual work is good but dealing with low inventory levels and a manager that is very helpful or responsive can be very frustrating. It is difficult to merchandise product when there isn't any product.

Pros

No heavy lifting and the sets are easy to maintain.

Cons

Poor management and inventory allotment can make stocking difficult.

This was a great job.

I enjoyed working here. The manager was great. The job allowed flexibility in scheduling, we received regular pay increases. It was a great job while it lasted.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Last minute jobs added

Good product.

I really enjoyed the work, but as time passed the co. seemed to care less about the workers. I worked there for 10 years with a hour notice my job and all reps. jobs ended. I had work lined up for almost 2 months. It made me feel bad the way the co. handled things. I was paid $15.45 in 2019 and I was due for a raise when we all lost out job.I don't have any ill feelings, I miss the work and the stores I worked in.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Setting your own schedule

This is a good place to work for someone looking for something part time with a very flexible schedule. I don’t believe they allow this position to go over 28 hours a week, but I was never even close to that.

Pros

Extremely flexible schedule

Cons

Not many hours per week

It’s an ok company to work for.

You don’t get paid well especially with drive time. I don’t recommend it. Positive is you have a good work balance and work on your schedule. Negative is you don’t get much training then you get in trouble for not doing something correctly when you haven’t been trained.

Enjoyed while I was there

It was a nice place to work well I was there, but the company closed down the field merchandising division with no warning at all and all of the hard work that we did trying to keep the glasses straightened and filled at the store level were trashed. It's like the company just didn't care anymore.

Pros

Flexibility in schedule

Cons

On a moment's notice the company laid off several thousand people

Bad

Worst company to be a merchandise rep for. Would never recommend this job to anyone. I had issues from the very beginning from setting up my profile and able to access my profile through the website to print up such things as my w-2s or my weekly pay stubs all the way to having issues with ordering merchandise and never receiving it or getting store credits to the store in a timely manner. Not to mention the fact that I never got reimbursed for mileage correctly on each weekly pay stub my mileage was always calculated wrong for reimbursement

The Job was more difficult than it should have been

Very outdated in terms to a merchandising role, I was sent loads of papers and it was hard to keep track of everything constantly per store(i;e: credits, inventory, etc) If they had integrated in a web system and gave all their field reps tablets or a handheld scanner, it would everything flow way smoother.

Pros

Nothing really

Cons

Everything...

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FGX International?

Ok for a part time job, depending on your location. I worked only a few stores in my area so pay was pretty low.

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at FGX International were reasonable for a part time job. The more stores you service in a week, the more you make.

NO appreciation

I worked for FGXi for several years and was very happy and satisfied with the hours of work and compensation. That all changed with COVID-19. FGXi didn't even try to retain field employees even though we were furloughed on March 23 without pay, they still permanently laid us all off in mid April. Then I found out that they were going to be outsourcing the field merchandising jobs, which means they will be paying another company more money than what the employees were making, to do the same job. I find this to be extremely disloyal to the employees that had been with the company for years, most of us worked time we were not actually paid for because we were only compensated for a limited amount of time per store and most of the time that was not enough to get the job done.The best part of this job was the DM. He was always informed and could answer any questions I had. He was understanding and worked with me when I broke my foot and then my knee. He also was great about calling me if he had someone else that needed to be covered. The best part of this job was the flexibility of hours.A typical day consisted of servicing the sunglasses and reading glasses 3-5 stores, Usually Tuesday through Thursday. The company was notorious for adding store visits or changing store visits anytime before end of day Tuesday so this made it difficult to plan work for Monday and Tuesday. I left Friday open in case there was a heavy work load that week or in case there were any stores added late in the week - this also happened frequently.Through it all I learned that employee loyalty isn't -

Flexibility

As a semi-retired person the short hours and flexible schedule made it my "dream job". I would really like to work for them again. I could be available immediately.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Very flexible. Terrible pay.

Very flexible job, but pay is ridiculous and conditions of many stores that you are servicing can be really dirty and gross. No room for advancement at all. Company used to fairly compensate for mileage, but seemed to get stingier every year.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay and work conditions and low mileage compensation.

Not a good company to work for

not good pay, no benefits short hours and no travel. You are not compensated for all time worked and they just want you to put the stuff out and move on

Pros

easy work

Cons

Iittle or no pay

Covid changes labor merchandising plans FGXI

good retiree job, flexible hours, vacation time, expectations. though resets expectations were a bit ridiculous. don't know what they plan to do next after COVID, but they've been trying to save money on labor so I'm sure service will suffer as they cut costs, naturally

I get to service many accounts and don't have to work in one place.

I am able to schedule my week according to my assignments and choose what days I work. I have been in the merchandising field for more than 20 years and great customer service.

Pros

My job has flexability

Cons

no benifits for part time

Easy merchandising job.

I enjoy working for them. My supervisor is great. Lots of flexibility to get assigned tasks finished. Good compensation for travel if required. Easy merchandising job.

Needs improvements

Managements needs to respond back on same day, not a week later. This is a part time job with under 10 hrs per week but can vary weekly depends on stores required to do.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Poor Management Poor scheduling which company will add or take away a store without prior notice

Confusinh

I have 20yrs experience. This is the lowest paid position I have had and lack of paying mileage (which I was told at interview I would get I do not get) makes some of the jobs not worth it. Driving an hour away for one hour... You get boxes that make no sense...explanations are horrible..no planogram unless you search everywhere. T. Time allittef

Worst company i have ever worked for!

When this company wants to hire you they are sweet as can be and they tell you everything you wanna hear. Once you're working for them all they do is put pressure on you. You are never good enough there is no support that is positive. There is no constructive suggestions and they will always, always take the side of the client. My sister died and i was working the next day client ( man yelled and screamed at me and they made Me apologize to him!!!! )That was it for me. You will be thrown under the bus over and over again until you quit. And just as a sidenote many many people that have worked for that company have become terminally ill so I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FGX International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Career recommendations for Merchandiser

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • FGX International
  • Merchandiser
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?