FHI 360 Employee Reviews

Good people doing good work.
Principal Research Writer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 5, 2018
People there were dedicated, committed to improving health around the world. A focus on doing well. Supervisors were very supportive of employees. Friendly work force.
Good and enabling work environment
Director Monitoring,Evaluation and Research (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Great workplace with high calibre of technical thought leaders and great work benefits and self development. Great leaders in human development programs
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work. Greatest skill learned: solution finding
Chief of Party (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 23, 2017
I was managing 200 employees each day beside managing expectations of clients such as the ministry of higher education and USAID, in Afghanistan. The hardest part of the job was lack of security and danger on a daily basis. Also, the changing political environment was challenging. What I learned was to always remain flexible with any circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see students graduated thanks to our hard work and great team work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
dangerous environment
Interesting place to work for people interested in non-profit environments
Senior Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 5, 2017
Great place for people interested in non-profit environment. people are passionate to the organization's cause and care about making an impact. sub-cultures exist within the different departments, which affects work culture, work-life balance etc.
Peer Educator
Peer Educator/Peer Outreach Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Port MoresbyOctober 24, 2017
FHI 60 -Port Moresby, is working closely with Peer Educators in providing useful information's to deliver key messages amongst KPs accessing services.
Pros
Provides lunch during trainings
Cons
Work hard out in the field
Family friendly environment
Senior Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 14, 2017
FHI360 is a wonderful place to work. It is a family friendly work place. Management listens to staff and make the conscious effort to address staff concerns. I enjoyed my time there. The only problem there has nothing to do with the company but rather funding of programs.
Pros
Management listens to staff concerns and work to resolve them
Cons
Funding of programs is a bit concerning
Fully integrated
Senior G L Accountant ,Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 1, 2017
FHI360 has an air of international exposure in that an employee might forget that he or she is in the United States.
management appears to be very polite and courteous with junior staff. the work culture is such that even the non-american staff feel at home within the premises
Pros
snacks leftover from meetings made available to everybody. cool and polite atmosphere, willingnes by management to help a new staff
Cons
work could be intense at certain times of the month such as when the books are being closed
Its a nice place to work.
Program Officer II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2017
Its a good place to work. Colleagues care about the work being done and the overall business culture is enjoyable. It continues to go through lots of changes as it is still adjusting to acquisition of AED years ago.
Low pay as they are non profit org
Data Programmer II (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 20, 2017
a good place to work and very clean building. Fast base. Is highly respected by employees for sharing concerns, problems, and opportunities. It's great to be part of something larger than just selling advertising. Helping People get jobs is very rewarding and provides great satisfaction on a daily basis.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Inefficient, Management Awful
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 27, 2017
Title says it all. No opportunities for advancement. Management is incompetent or simply doesn't care about success/ efficiency. The only positive attributes are that people are nice and of course the mission.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Everything Else
Superb work environment
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 27, 2017
FHI360 manages a wide range of projects across the globe and that makes working in their Durham, NC HQ an incredible experience. I enjoy getting to interact with people from all different backgrounds coming together to help improve lives in lasting ways.
Pros
Excellent benefits, diverse staff and project portfolio
Cons
Lots of work to do, some staff get burnt out
Nice atmosphere
Senior Manager, Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 6, 2017
The company has a nice atmosphere, but layoffs loomed every year. Each year awards would complete and then new awards were ahead. No certainty if another opportunity would be in the company if your project ended.
productivity in stress
Travel Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJanuary 30, 2017
This company is one of the worst company to work they call it independent environment, in reality it is a prison. you have to ask if you need to breath..
Pros
you get free stress
Cons
heart attacks
very stressful working in this company.
Travel Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJanuary 30, 2017
This is one of the worst company I have ever come across. Most ilitrate management. Manager/Director uses abusive language.
Pros
strassfull
Cons
dictator ship
Workmates are very supportive
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aruá, CEJanuary 12, 2017
Learn t Health Communications

Management very understanding

Good team work

Living far from the family

Always in touch with communities educating t
Great organization to work for
STUDENT INTERN FOR INTERNAL AUDIT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2016
The organization is well structured and highly motivated to accomplish their vision to improve human development overseas. It is a great environment to work with innovative, strong willed professionals who haven't forgotten the importance of creating a fun environmne
Great benefits and work flexibility
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2016
Flexible work environment with good work/life balance, depending on your position. Many people get to work from home once or twice a week and some even remotely - although upper management has been trying to discourage the practice (unfortunately).
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Job security (it's been downsizing)
A great Place to work
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at FHI360, was to prepared consultant agreement and work orders. Once The agreement was in place we I would prepared Travel and Fee payment forms for Payment. Since I had been at FHI360/AED I have learned so much and I attained a lot under by belt such as Data entry, Compass, Procureit and now Costpost, which are all financial systems of inputting data. I work with a great management time who also help push me forward in my Job and my growth at the company. I had some awesome co-workers that I worked with, we always had each others back. The hardest part of my job was to get co-workers to follow direction. The most enjoy part of my was I loved doing what I do, which is working to make sure my consultants and staff was pay on time.
Pros
It was a great place to work.
Cons
We did not have educational Bebefits
A interesting and enjoyable working environment for the staff. a place of work including areas of learning in many new ways/strategies.
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Port MoresbyJune 2, 2016
I have so many things in practical though, i have worked with a number different organisations. I see this place as a place of work and learning. I have learnt so many of the clinical, prevention and care part of social and community/ public health knowledge in this organisation.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
The best INGO to work for in the DC area
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2016
A great place to work, have fun and make a difference in the world. Most managers are very supportive and encourage you to take on new challenges and opportunities within the company. We have a variety of free online training courses available, from cost principles to Project Management for Development (PMD). Opportunity to interact with field-based staff on a daily basis makes you feel closer to the action, where projects are implemented, which is rewarding as well. Best part of the job is the great cultural diversity that our HQ office is made of. We have staff from all over the wold working here.
Pros
Flexible hours and work from home possibility, above NGO's average pay, HQ has staff from all over the world (cultural diversity), excellent benefits (above average), great network opportunity, a variety of excellent free in-house training (including PMD-Pro).
Cons
Transition to a new ERP consolidating both legacy financial systems has been painful