FHI 360 Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Intern - Information System Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2018
Typical 9-5 work
Excellent Org Culture
Fulfilling Job
Excellent Benefits
Not easy to climb up
The new and different project, variety of work, can work in multiple projects.
Benefits
Cons
Promotion is slow
Awesome company and mission
Business System Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 20, 2018
Laid-back office culture. Best work life balance I've experienced in the global health non-profit industry, as well as the smoothest business and communications/HR practices
Good and enabling work environment
Director Monitoring,Evaluation and Research (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Great workplace with high calibre of technical thought leaders and great work benefits and self development. Great leaders in human development programs
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
short breaks
A chocolate date with red baloons
Senior Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2019
The day started with a meeting about previously completed jobs and then talking about new tasks that had to be done. At the end of the meeting, everyone knew what should do. Everybody was willing to do his/her job. There were lots of chocolates at the front desk next to my room. In the meeting room many memorial photos could be found and one board on which was written: "never give up!" New ideas were like red balloons. On each balloon, different words were written.
Great place to work. Career advancement.
Senior Laboratory Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 24, 2018
Family oriented culture. True to Mission Statement. Good opportunity for someone to gain experience. Job security. admirable that the company works with USAID primarily to supply contraceptives for their Family Planning Donor Programs in Third World and Developing Countries. Additionally, one can be as out front or reserve as you care to be.
Pros
Great work environment
Great place to work. Greatest skill learned: solution finding
Chief of Party (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 23, 2017
I was managing 200 employees each day beside managing expectations of clients such as the ministry of higher education and USAID, in Afghanistan. The hardest part of the job was lack of security and danger on a daily basis. Also, the changing political environment was challenging. What I learned was to always remain flexible with any circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see students graduated thanks to our hard work and great team work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
dangerous environment
Great work environment
Senior Advisor MARPS (Former Employee) –  Federal Capital TerritoryAugust 14, 2018
fhi 360 is the place for self starters, and those willing to learn. It is a training ground of sorts for public health programing. The work environment is goal driven and achievement oriented.
Pros
great medicals, overall gret place to work
Energetic and fun place to work
Assistant Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 31, 2012
FHI, Inc. was a great company to work for with excellent employee benefits. I learned alot about company culture and putting the client first. Very well managed.
Pros
great benefits
Passionate, diverse, productive, and a generous employee benefits place to work
Benefits Specialist, HR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2013
A typical day is busy and goes by fast because I am working on many benefits details and assisting lots of staff with various issues.

I learned to use a new HR Software called Work Day. Prior to this company, used Ceridian so this was very exciting to me because I love learning new skills related to my career field.

My supervisor is nice, relaxed, funny, smart, kind, and understanding. My co-workers are cordial, proactive, problem solvers and culturally diverse. I enjoy sharing and learning with and from them.

The hardest part of the job is that I am the only one at my work location that handles benefits. There are time when I have many cases at one time each requiring research of minute details

The most enjoyable part of the day is assisting employees to make better decisions which can help them save money and to proactively use their benefits to their advantage--why pay for benefits and do n't use them? I enjoy employees communicating their appreciation when they have been helped, which also helps their families. I enjoy meeting the new hires and conducting the Benefits Presentations.
When I am able to learn something new each day, no matter how small, I am happy and want to share it with others.
Pros
Great benefits, Prof. employees, pay
Cons
Long work hours
The best INGO to work for in the DC area
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2016
A great place to work, have fun and make a difference in the world. Most managers are very supportive and encourage you to take on new challenges and opportunities within the company. We have a variety of free online training courses available, from cost principles to Project Management for Development (PMD). Opportunity to interact with field-based staff on a daily basis makes you feel closer to the action, where projects are implemented, which is rewarding as well. Best part of the job is the great cultural diversity that our HQ office is made of. We have staff from all over the wold working here.
Pros
Flexible hours and work from home possibility, above NGO's average pay, HQ has staff from all over the world (cultural diversity), excellent benefits (above average), great network opportunity, a variety of excellent free in-house training (including PMD-Pro).
Cons
Transition to a new ERP consolidating both legacy financial systems has been painful
Superb work environment
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 27, 2017
FHI360 manages a wide range of projects across the globe and that makes working in their Durham, NC HQ an incredible experience. I enjoy getting to interact with people from all different backgrounds coming together to help improve lives in lasting ways.
Pros
Excellent benefits, diverse staff and project portfolio
Cons
Lots of work to do, some staff get burnt out
Interesting place to work for people interested in non-profit environments
Senior Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 5, 2017
Great place for people interested in non-profit environment. people are passionate to the organization's cause and care about making an impact. sub-cultures exist within the different departments, which affects work culture, work-life balance etc.
Good people doing good work.
Principal Research Writer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 5, 2018
People there were dedicated, committed to improving health around the world. A focus on doing well. Supervisors were very supportive of employees. Friendly work force.
Great benefits and work flexibility
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2016
Flexible work environment with good work/life balance, depending on your position. Many people get to work from home once or twice a week and some even remotely - although upper management has been trying to discourage the practice (unfortunately).
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Job security (it's been downsizing)
Peer Educator
Peer Educator/Peer Outreach Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Port MoresbyOctober 24, 2017
FHI 60 -Port Moresby, is working closely with Peer Educators in providing useful information's to deliver key messages amongst KPs accessing services.
Pros
Provides lunch during trainings
Cons
Work hard out in the field
Inefficient, Management Awful
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 27, 2017
Title says it all. No opportunities for advancement. Management is incompetent or simply doesn't care about success/ efficiency. The only positive attributes are that people are nice and of course the mission.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Everything Else
Fully integrated
Senior G L Accountant ,Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 1, 2017
FHI360 has an air of international exposure in that an employee might forget that he or she is in the United States.
management appears to be very polite and courteous with junior staff. the work culture is such that even the non-american staff feel at home within the premises
Pros
snacks leftover from meetings made available to everybody. cool and polite atmosphere, willingnes by management to help a new staff
Cons
work could be intense at certain times of the month such as when the books are being closed
Family friendly environment
Senior Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 14, 2017
FHI360 is a wonderful place to work. It is a family friendly work place. Management listens to staff and make the conscious effort to address staff concerns. I enjoyed my time there. The only problem there has nothing to do with the company but rather funding of programs.
Pros
Management listens to staff concerns and work to resolve them
Cons
Funding of programs is a bit concerning
Its a nice place to work.
Program Officer II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2017
Its a good place to work. Colleagues care about the work being done and the overall business culture is enjoyable. It continues to go through lots of changes as it is still adjusting to acquisition of AED years ago.
very stressful working in this company.
Travel Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJanuary 30, 2017
This is one of the worst company I have ever come across. Most ilitrate management. Manager/Director uses abusive language.
Pros
strassfull
Cons
dictator ship