FHI Employee Reviews

Sunday is chill day at work
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 4, 2018
you get paid by the truck and not by the hour and your checks fluctuate so much that paying bills is hard the only way to make good money is to get a second job
Pros
get out early
Cons
fluctuating pay checks
Horrible place to work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Assonet, MADecember 3, 2018
Company is an absolute joke to work for. The work life balance is horrible no social life if you work there. And upper management and corporate are a joke.
Pros
Work with good group of people and free lunches sometimes
Cons
Salary, favoritism towards certain people, work/life balance
Productive and a fun work place
Analytical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 26, 2018
A great place to work, money was good, and the Supervise was awesome. I would highly recommend anyone to work there, very laid back atmosphere, I would love to work there again.
Pros
They really care about there people
Horrible
unloader (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 22, 2018
Tons of down time not getting paid
Harsh conditions
Terrible hours
Management bullie workers
Incompetent
Felt like a slave...
Few employees got favored...
Fhi
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Newport, MINovember 2, 2018
to some this up i worked 70 hours one week with 0 hrs of overtime pay! Once again its ran by people who just sit there and do absolutely nothing about it!
Not for the lazy generation of today
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIOctober 21, 2018
Love this job. Regret ever leaving the place! The production based pay gives you daily motivation to work hard and try to make as much as you can. You just have to be smart and driven. So many guys come into this job and don't have the stones to do the job. As long as you listen to your training and soak up any advice from the knowledgeable employees here, you should easily be able to earn an hourly wage that beats any other job you can find in the area. Everyone expects to make those high wages immediately when they start, but it takes time to get familiar with the loads and get in a groove. Give it 2-3 months and you'll have more money on your check than you know what to do with.

Worst thing about the job honestly is the start times. Meijer's receiving window is from 12:30am to about 1pm. It's not the worst, but makes having a social life hard at times.

Bad days happen sometimes. Lack of motivation and work ethic in coworkers can result in prolonged shifts. Whether it's those trendy call ins or just guys not having the drive to make money so they stand around talking rather than working.

A lot of reviews on here are so far from the truth. Supervisors 'friends' arent given certain trucks. There are company procedures and list protocol that prevent these things. Just assumptions made by individuals uninformed of how this company works.
Pros
Money, Workout, Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Unreliable coworkers, shift times
Loved this company! Wonderful staff, would have loved to have stayed ! Was filing infor someone’s maternity leave.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCOctober 16, 2018
This is a wonderful company. I was filling in for someone on maternity leave.
Wonderful management very concerned about work/ life balance. If they had a position available I’m sure I would still be there!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No long term positions.
Fhi working
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAOctober 9, 2018
Warehouse work was stressful and dangerous. Not properly compensated for the hours and danger. FHI was a subcontractor for Publix supermarket. Work involved operating a forklift to load and unload trucks.
Friendly work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 7, 2018
Fhi was a very fun place to work I would come do my daily stretch routine and start unloading the trucks that are assigned to me management was good and learned a lot on how to use the forklift.
Good job experience in leadership
Lead Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Gold Rock, NCOctober 2, 2018
It was a production based job so some days you made good money some days you really ain’t make nothing. Good thing they had road crews so when we got a new contract at a new places you could go on the road to make more money.
Pros
Road crews
Cons
Pay wasn’t consistent
Paid by Production not Hourly. So you would have to Buss your butt for money
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GASeptember 28, 2018
This job was ok just. They dont have any Benefits & You also dont get paid by hour. You get paid by how many trucks you unload. U can sit 2 or 3 hrs waiting on a Truck wasting time. Cause while you wait your not getting paid.
God Awful
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Freetown, MASeptember 26, 2018
Favoritism is rampant. If you like to kiss butt you might be ok if not you will watch the same people make good money while you do equal work for far less pay. You need to do drugs to cope with the people in position of power here. Terrible job period.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
too many to list...
Easy job not for kids under 25.Must have a family.
Back up lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando,FlSeptember 26, 2018
If you dont have kids to maintain dont come here no one want to baby sit you. Little kids come here thinking they are going to get paid to stand around NOT!! Have something to work for.
Pros
No sweating fridge warehouse
Cons
Down time
Get out what you put in
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Newport, MISeptember 25, 2018
IF you are looking for a job where you can fade into the background and collect a check, this is not the job for you.

You get paid for each truck you unload, so if you hustle and work hard you can earn $150-$200 per day.

The leads and managers are always willing to help you out and it is a very collaborative environment.
Pros
you get paid for what you do
Cons
some days trucks dont show up so there is alot of down time
Terrible.
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 25, 2018
One of the worst jobs around. The lead on the shift picked your trucks to do which is based on how much you make, and he gave me such bad ones that I would leave an eight hour shift making less than $30. Once a buddy of mine filled in at lead and he gave me the correct trucks and that night I made over $100. Therefore, I was being treated unfavorable
Pros
Forklift certified
Cons
Everything else
Aboustly the Worst Job EVER!!!
unloading trucks (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHSeptember 22, 2018
The Whole job it's self was awful! The Managers didn't want to work, so they would sit in the office all day, while we were out on the floor busting our butts!!
Don't waste your time.
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FlSeptember 19, 2018
What a waste of time! They tell you that you'll make all this money but that's a lie. When you're training, it's 60/40. My first day they had me go 8 hours straight, no break. Myself and the person I worked with got thru 6 trucks. When I got my work report detailing the work and pay the day before I made $30,19,19,19,15 and $6 for a grand total of $99 after taxes. Then on the second day I show up for work I get 1 truck and then they had me sitting around not making any money. This place is a total rip off and only for the most desperate. To make the kind of money they advertise you would have to bust out anywhere from 10-12 trucks a day SOLO. Keep looking, you'll find something better.
Cons
For place to work don't waste your time
Selfish people (Former Employee) –  Lansing MichiganSeptember 13, 2018
The leads pick over the loads they are too lazy to do a real man's job they want the baby knows that pay the most if I was you or anyone I would not work for this company they are horrible the managers are horrible hiring all their family in one building is terrible
Pros
There are any
Cons
Look for a new company not this one
Avoid at all costs
Slaving Away (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
Management treats their crew like a slaves They have no back bone and never stick up for the team. They are always missing and when they are around, are “too busy” kissin warehouse managers backside. Company doesn’t pay enough to make a decent living, and their policy allows for 3 strikes before you get fired meanin if you late, you get a strike. When people do get 3 strikes because they don’t care about their job, they still allowed to continue working while the good people have to carry them through the day. The clerk messes up our money so we have to fight to get it corrected... They about to lose a lot of people if things don’t change
Pros
There are good people who will help you right
Cons
Management, hours, fighting for trucks, wrong money
Freight Handler
Freight Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2018
The job was not bad but they out people in positions just because which made the work load harder than it needed to be. Most days the lead would pick who would get easier trucks which only made the day longer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FHI. Our community is ready to answer.