FHI Employee Reviews

Loved this company! Wonderful staff, would have loved to have stayed ! Was filing infor someone’s maternity leave.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCOctober 16, 2018
This is a wonderful company. I was filling in for someone on maternity leave.
Wonderful management very concerned about work/ life balance. If they had a position available I’m sure I would still be there!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No long term positions.
Friendly work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 7, 2018
Fhi was a very fun place to work I would come do my daily stretch routine and start unloading the trucks that are assigned to me management was good and learned a lot on how to use the forklift.
Good job experience in leadership
Lead Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Gold Rock, NCOctober 2, 2018
It was a production based job so some days you made good money some days you really ain’t make nothing. Good thing they had road crews so when we got a new contract at a new places you could go on the road to make more money.
Pros
Road crews
Cons
Pay wasn’t consistent
Paid by Production not Hourly. So you would have to Buss your butt for money
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GASeptember 28, 2018
This job was ok just. They dont have any Benefits & You also dont get paid by hour. You get paid by how many trucks you unload. U can sit 2 or 3 hrs waiting on a Truck wasting time. Cause while you wait your not getting paid.
God Awful
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Freetown, MASeptember 26, 2018
Favoritism is rampant. If you like to kiss butt you might be ok if not you will watch the same people make good money while you do equal work for far less pay. You need to do drugs to cope with the people in position of power here. Terrible job period.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
too many to list...
Easy job not for kids under 25.Must have a family.
Back up lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando,FlSeptember 26, 2018
If you dont have kids to maintain dont come here no one want to baby sit you. Little kids come here thinking they are going to get paid to stand around NOT!! Have something to work for.
Pros
No sweating fridge warehouse
Cons
Down time
Get out what you put in
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Newport, MISeptember 25, 2018
IF you are looking for a job where you can fade into the background and collect a check, this is not the job for you.

You get paid for each truck you unload, so if you hustle and work hard you can earn $150-$200 per day.

The leads and managers are always willing to help you out and it is a very collaborative environment.
Pros
you get paid for what you do
Cons
some days trucks dont show up so there is alot of down time
Terrible.
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 25, 2018
One of the worst jobs around. The lead on the shift picked your trucks to do which is based on how much you make, and he gave me such bad ones that I would leave an eight hour shift making less than $30. Once a buddy of mine filled in at lead and he gave me the correct trucks and that night I made over $100. Therefore, I was being treated unfavorable
Pros
Forklift certified
Cons
Everything else
Aboustly the Worst Job EVER!!!
unloading trucks (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHSeptember 22, 2018
The Whole job it's self was awful! The Managers didn't want to work, so they would sit in the office all day, while we were out on the floor busting our butts!!
Don't waste your time.
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FlSeptember 19, 2018
What a waste of time! They tell you that you'll make all this money but that's a lie. When you're training, it's 60/40. My first day they had me go 8 hours straight, no break. Myself and the person I worked with got thru 6 trucks. When I got my work report detailing the work and pay the day before I made $30,19,19,19,15 and $6 for a grand total of $99 after taxes. Then on the second day I show up for work I get 1 truck and then they had me sitting around not making any money. This place is a total rip off and only for the most desperate. To make the kind of money they advertise you would have to bust out anywhere from 10-12 trucks a day SOLO. Keep looking, you'll find something better.
Cons
For place to work don't waste your time
Selfish people (Former Employee) –  Lansing MichiganSeptember 13, 2018
The leads pick over the loads they are too lazy to do a real man's job they want the baby knows that pay the most if I was you or anyone I would not work for this company they are horrible the managers are horrible hiring all their family in one building is terrible
Pros
There are any
Cons
Look for a new company not this one
Avoid at all costs
Slaving Away (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
Management treats their crew like a slaves They have no back bone and never stick up for the team. They are always missing and when they are around, are “too busy” kissin warehouse managers backside. Company doesn’t pay enough to make a decent living, and their policy allows for 3 strikes before you get fired meanin if you late, you get a strike. When people do get 3 strikes because they don’t care about their job, they still allowed to continue working while the good people have to carry them through the day. The clerk messes up our money so we have to fight to get it corrected... They about to lose a lot of people if things don’t change
Pros
There are good people who will help you right
Cons
Management, hours, fighting for trucks, wrong money
Freight Handler
Freight Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2018
The job was not bad but they out people in positions just because which made the work load harder than it needed to be. Most days the lead would pick who would get easier trucks which only made the day longer.
Trash.
Truck Unloader/receiver (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2018
So if a raccoon could be put into five words.
Trash. labored. Unethical. Humid. Under paid.

I’m not sorry what so ever, no one said sorry to me while I was treated like garbage.
productive
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2018
It is a fast paced place to work, unloading trucks for meijer so faster you get it done the more money you make. great managment and the people are friemdly
Great Place to Work
Business Analyst / Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Challenging work. Great people. The mission of FHI 360 was something that means a lot to some people all around the world that need help. They don't come in with a bag of rice and drop it off and say they'll be back in a month. Instead they come into a town or village and survey what the community needs. If it's agriculture they bring in agriculture experts and place them on site for months or even a couple of years. If they need an infirmary then they'll bring in doctors and nurses and teach them how to set up a hospital. If they need to set up a business they'll bring in business people, bankers to help them.
Productive workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2018
Working for this company isn't hard, but it could be tough sometimes. Each day is different, with new challenges. I've learned how to operate a stand-up forklift and a electric pallet jack. I've learned how to be a little more patients and to have more self-control. The management(leads) isn't a team and is greedy for money, so that puts the lower level handlers in a stressful workplace. The job isn't, but I've had too many stressful days than good days. Unloading trucks was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No raises, can't retire
Lumper
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 20, 2018
As a Lumper at FHI, I learned a lot of new techniques from some very helpful people. The work was easy and the people were friendly. If the company was still located in Stockton I would recommend people to that company.
Ok place to work for
Lead (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 27, 2018
Poor management cummication not enough pay for loads favoritism among employees lack of management on premises fail to give a acknowledgement to employees when doing a great job leads and freight handlers
Quick paced
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCJune 11, 2018
Manager is easy to work with and understanding of events that occur outside his capability (I.e kids, family). Hours are inconsistent and it wasn’t enough to provide for a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FHI. Our community is ready to answer.