FHI Employee Reviews for Freight Handler

The worse place
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 7, 2018
I was lied too since day one. My checks were so low I couldn't pay my rent . I worked 80 hours and my check was like 500 dollars. Sometimes you dont get a lunch break and never any 15 mins breaks plus there is no time clock. They do take 30 minutes from you even if they didn't give you one.
Pros
There is none
Cons
Low pay
Dont Waste your time
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAApril 5, 2018
A lot of favoritism towards senior crew, you work 40 hours to make 500 if your lucky in a week, some nights your stuck for 10 hours for 60 dollars. You have to do a lot of work that is underpaid depending on the truck. After doing the trucks and in between sitting your lucky if you make 8 dollars and hour.
Pros
Breaks in between waiting for trucks
Cons
Not Worth the money
Bad pay, bad management
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAJanuary 24, 2018
The pay is production based and not all trucks pay the same. The leads play favorites and are in no way, there to help the new guys. They have guys who they know work faster than you and will give them the high paying trucks on purpose. When you join in new, you're gonna be slow and they will give you a partner who's very experienced but also in a hurry so they wont be wanting to teach you very well. No way to plan outings with friends or family because you're schedule is always changing. I hated it
Pros
Honestly None
Cons
Kiss your social life goodbye. Unfair work environment
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ, ohio, kansasDecember 2, 2017
The pay scale is different to get use to. A production base rather than a hourly pat scale. You have to bust your hump to make money. Which is nice you determine what your worth is. Once you get the hang of how the operations work, the only thing stopping you from making money is yourself and the amount of work there is. The managment team is helpful and always making sure you succeed.
Pros
Advancement within the company, don't hire managers that don't know what the work is
Cons
Long hours when its busy
Terrible Place to Work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VANovember 8, 2017
I worked at the Abingdon,Va. The pay is production based and if you're not a favorite then you're screwed. I made less than $400 every two weeks despite busting my butt for almost 9 hours every night. You hardly ever get a break or lunch.
Stressful and unorganized
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 19, 2017
You would not like this company there so unorganized and careless for their employees they do not give you your full hours and they also try to over work you they choose favorites
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unorganized
Physically exhausting
Freight Handler/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAMay 8, 2017
The job pays depending on the trucks you receive and the speed you do it at. The job requires you to be in some shape to be able to keep working at a good pace to receive a good paycheck, which can be high if you good trucks. Still, the payoff of the physical work put in might not always be great.
Pros
Breaks between trucks, you can go at your own pace
Cons
Physically demanding, payoff is not consistent
Worst job I've ever had
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Very low pay for a lot of work, most of the time you're waiting on a truck to unload, which prolongs your day. You can't leave until ALL of the trucks are done, which some may show up later than they should.
Horrible place to work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2016
Minimum wage job...400-600$ is a lie.
Get paid by the truck
Alot of sitting around not making money
Very unprofessional
12 hour shifts while making 40$
Decent place to work
freight handler (Current Employee) –  Tipp city ohioJuly 28, 2015
would be alot better if they had more people and you didnt have to stay for 12-16 hours. The co-workers and management make it worth staying, but the pay structure is terrible, you can make 25$ a day sometimes or you can make 10$ if you get a bad set of trucks. Work is dependent on the trucks which are drawn at random, could get a 2500 case truck and be able to finish it in 6 hours and make 20$+ an hour or get a bad 1800 case truck where the boxes weigh 40-60lb each and it takes you 10 hours to do the truck.
Pros
Lunches somtimes, coworkers
Cons
Terrible hours, not enough people
Good People and Good place pay could be better
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 18, 2015
Good overall team environment nice leaders and workers healthcare is expensive and doesn't pay for everything. Opportunity for advancement and leadership roles.
It's an ok place to work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 26, 2014
I really enjoyed most of my co workers, management wasn't all the way together. I enjoyed making good money and being around great people, but the hours weren't what I expected
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad hours
Company has favortism
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 10, 2013
I worked for this company for over two years and got no where like I was told I could. I was even up for the management position because I had the most experience in the field but because we a cocky regional manager who thinks he know more than you do even if your right your still wrong so he stopped me from getting the job which I was informed by a supervisor. Pay is based off production and the leads have first pick of the loads so you get took-en advantage of and they manipulate the system so they always get the good paying loads in which the manager knows but does nothing about it but have excuses. I was finally let go for not participating in a non mandatory contest for an iPod and refusing to jeopardize my safety any longer but the company says otherwise in which they denied me unemployment. I do not recommend working for this company. I have friends that will vouched for my story that worked or still worked there.
Pros
Cons
Politics & BS
Day at Work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 17, 2012
The job was really fun and demanding. The hardest part of the job was sorting all the different type of items out based on where they were going in the warehouse but it was fairly easily
Overall it was good experience
Forklift Operator/Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAAugust 14, 2012
A typical day work was busy greeting customers taking them to their whereabouts around the perimeter to malls , restaurants etc. I learned where a lot of different locations were and short cuts to get the customers to their destinations faster. I got along well with all of my co-workers never had any issues with no one. The afternoon traffic was really tough sometimes. The job was never hard I really enjoyed it. Getting to know different people was nice because they eventually gave good tips and always brought back extra food.
Pros
good tips
Cons
traffic