Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Found 1,934 reviews matching the search See all 4,460 reviews
Nice working with dedicated co workers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 12, 2018
Company believes in their employees and value their opinions to succeed as a company. There is plenty of room for advancement and excellent benefits within this company.
Pros
Vacation pay, 401K benefits and tuition assistance.
Cons
No cons!! Love this company!!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 11, 2018
I liked working there most times. It can get stressful at times dealing with so many different personalities. Just work hard and be eager to learn and you will do great.
Cut Throat
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 11, 2018
Not a company for developing leadership and high profitability. Was released and very paid full relocation benefits and later sued for relocation benefits I was padi
Long hours boring job
Valve Body Associate (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 8, 2018
The job pays fairly well but you work a lot. Part-time workers get treated as second class and are often required to stay for 13 hours. It's hard to find a balance of school, work, and your home life when you're working 50-60 hours a week. Management usually makes some of the dumbest decisions they can and often have no idea what is going on.
Pros
pay
Cons
Long hours, boring, lack of communication, treated like garbage if you're par-time
Good Work Culture
MAINTENANCE LEAD, CARAVAN FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 7, 2018
It was a great atmosphere to work in with a diverse group of people. I was able to learn many differnet task such as driving fork lift and learning about safety.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Didnt get to take breaks sometimes
Unqualified Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 7, 2018
Many Managers are promoted to that position without skills or training for management. Communication is poor. Unfair annual job performance process (PLM).
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Communication and interaction with employees.
I learned a lot of new technics to analyze sysems
Hybrid system engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 6, 2018
My intention is to find employment in my home sate of North Carolina and has relocated form Detroit Michigan.
I performed the duties of design release engineer with experience in managing projects from cradle to grave. My specialty is the complete development of DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis). This document is prepared for management to gauge the risk of implementing a design concept by identifying potential product failures modes accessing the risk and determining alternative methods to mitigate field failures.
I have an extensive background in DFSS ( Design For Six Sigma) typical use to improve product performance by analyzing the component dimensional characteristics through statistical sampling and adjusting the distributional curve to eliminate product failures at six sigma mathematical levels
Pros
good place to work
Cons
slow advancement
Plug -in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Engineering
Contract Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 6, 2018
FCA encouraged creativity in the performance of your job duties, which at time required researched in new developments in engineering with production implementation for high volume applications.
Pros
cutting edge engineering
Cons
Fun but with a bad union
Manage staff, Team leader (Former Employee) –  Trenton,miNovember 4, 2018
Really fun place to work, great pay and benefits. Union not so hot. They needed ne to move to afternoons after 5 years of working there but couldn't do it at the time because of children. So seniority rules. Overall management was good and great place.
good job
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  plant closedOctober 31, 2018
skilled work force . every one tried to do the best job they could ,training is offered to keep you up date on new tecnology and process in automotive
Pros
good people, pay, benifits
Cons
relocation
Outstanding company to work for
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 31, 2018
I was fortunate enough to work for Chrysler for 30 years. I had great jobs with excellent supervisors . The working conditions were always nice and there were always opportunities for advancement. I am very thankful for my time at Chrysler.
This was a Contract Job- for a Short Period of time
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 30, 2018
I came in in the afternoon, read reviews of what was collected on the morning shift. Got my headset on logged into the computer and began calling customers who were delinquent on their car payments. Some customers hung up, some paid payments. In an atmosphere where the people you work with are getting yelled at, called names and threatened with bodily harm, I found that the morale was not particularly high. Many didn't come to work with a smile. I personally do not enjoy getting threatened. I tried the approach of encouraging the customer to do the right thing and even set up smaller payments, to get it paid off. Even if that didn't work- I had a job to do and I wanted to go home knowing I let the customer know that we're all human. We understand tough times. but if you do the best you can to have integrity, companies will work with you. And I never went home in a bad mood.
Pros
I met some really nice coworkers and got some bills paid
Cons
It's hard working with customers who don't want to do right
A great place to work
OBD Technical Specialist - Electrified Powertrains (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 30, 2018
It has its challenges like every other workplace but for the most part it's ok. The culture is good. Morale is high. Teamwork is common. Timelines are tight but management recognizes and adapts. Accomplishments are celebrated.
Pros
compensation, work/life balance
Cons
workload, tight timelines
Good starting place
Lead Structures Engineer - Large SUV (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 29, 2018
Good entry level, not worth staying. Poor management. No drive for success or change. Work life balance poor. A few good apples but talent is wasted.
Inspector position
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 28, 2018
Chrsler was the best job i ever had. Back then you didnt have so much malace. I work in inspection, sub assemble and assembly line work. The work wasnt overloaded therefore it wasnt so hard on the body.
Pros
40 hrs a week
Cons
None to my knowledge
depends on your professional background
Quality Manufacturing Engineer VCP/QAN, VPS (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioOctober 26, 2018
It was not my favorite work environment but I know someone may love working there. Tight schedule and not easy to getting along with your co-workers. Layers surrogate co-operations.
NO work life balance
Quality Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren MichiganOctober 24, 2018
the company treats salary workers terrible, no work life balance, overtime is mandatory and usually on just a day or two notice. Hourly employees are asked if they want o-time but salary are told they are working.
Productive and good place to work
CAE Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 23, 2018
Great company to work for!! Team members are very supportive of each other. Employees are valued and had good job satisfaction. Coming to work is fun.
Good
Prototype Procurement Specialist, Body Engineering (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 22, 2018
Same as indicated before., I worked with the same company different positions. see first submission. it was a great place to work, I learn a lot and was very well respected. I was considered the most knowledgeable in the field
Pros
see first submission
Cons
see first submission
Very good place to work
Automotive/Production Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 20, 2018
Your day starts with reporting to your specific job site and getting it set up to start your day. I have learned team work specifically when it comes to working with individuals whom you are not acquainted with. Management is pro-active and very helpful, making sure that the material that you need to complete your task is readily available. Sometimes, the hardest part of the job is the speed of the line. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team place environment.
Pros
Income and team place work environment
Cons
Some long hours, overtime and speed of the line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.4K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight