Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

United States2,572 reviews

Found 2,572 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,714 reviews
fcabenefitfiathourmanufactureplantco-workerunion

productive shop, with wide range of specialty techs

Liked working for Chrysler, I learned a lot about their products in the three years I worked for them. I did pretty much anything they asked me to do from P.D.I's (pre delivery inspections) to putting in an engine. Management was too inconsistent at the shop I was at. I started their the very first day the place opened and from that time until the end of October 2012 we have had 3 service mangers, 4 parts mangers, and 2 different service directors. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be making sure everything is filled out correctly for warranty purposes. The most enjoyable part of the job was just working with my co-workers who I had been around for those three years and driving some of the newest cars out before anyone else.

Ehhh

Don’t work here they don’t care about you or your family they will mandate you and if you don’t show up your fired right there on the spot stay away.

Pros

Free healthcare

Cons

All other stuff

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

excellent workplace

The benefits at FCA are to help me reach my personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, FCA offers benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.

Great place to begin your career.

Great place to work if you want to gain experience and earn a fair wage while advancing your career. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and ample amounts of overtime available. Highly Recommended!

Forced 6 days. Almost impossible to get 1st shift. Moved all around. Will not be hired in full time for several years.

No work/ life balance. Makes life stressful. No choice in overtime. TpT does not get treated fairly. Does pay decent. Team Leaders can show favoritism

Okay work environment it is what it is

The pay and the benefits are good but you never know when you're going to have to work overtime or when you're going to be on layoff. Sometimes the days are very long and boring.unless you been on jobs and move around you really don't learn anything new

Nice

I miss the pay as well as the benefits. Not really flexible and can work on communication but overall was great stepping stone and changed my life for the better.

Is a great place to be employed.

I think everything about this company is in the plus column. Nothing i can think of is negative. I was at jnap. Marvelous place to work. This includes fellow employees all the way to management.

Just a job

My time at FCA was not great. They used me to do the worst job on the line knowing my body couldn’t handle it and never tried to place me anywhere else where I could succeed. In the end I needed surgery. The job ran me down and I was never happy there.

Productive and can be fun at times

I'd say it is one of the best companies to work for here in Toledo and Perrysburg. I'd work for them in a heartbeat and the pay is great! You can go to the gym and shower that's a awesome thing to have right here at work

A fun, fast pace enviroment. Great benefits.

Morning group meeting at your line. Supervisor gives a number of amount of product we have to reach for the day. Knowing your job is a must. Proper training is always a must. Ask questions if you don't understand the assignment. Be prop every morning. Call in 1 hour before shift is required. Dr excuse required if you are off work for more then two business days.

If you need/like overtime this is a good job for you.

I don’t like the probationary period, or what you call being a tpt we get worked the hardest. Mandatory 12 hour shifts that could be called randomly. They don’t have a flexible schedule for employees.

Great job but layoffs

The job is a great job with solid benefits and profit sharing but when it comes to steady work , the auto industry is as unreliable as they come , careful when you do apply

Used to be good

Post merger morale has been terrible. Many are leaving and not being replaced. Management does not care so those of us that stay just get yelled at every day.

Pros

Cool products

Cons

Chaotic

fun place to work

very great pay, boring work and its very repetitive but guaranteed benefits and weekly pay is amazing, work culture is okay very clique-ey but overall was a great job

Laid off alot

Constantly laid off. Pay was good and benefits were excellent. Union was okay had ur back in certain circumstances. Company started going down cut shifts.

Pros

Insurance good lay

Cons

Lay offs

Never know when you'll work

Was there 6 years laid off for over 3 of them, then we you are running no clue if you'll run 37 straight days or just till Wednesday. Nobody union or management has any clue what the future hold for well over 1500+ people. It's stressful.

As a mechanic it is very back breaking working

Chrysler tends to pay their techs fairly well if you have your certs, but the work is not easy and most of the time it isn't fun being there. I had 40 hour guarantee so it didn't matter that Chrysler warranty time is false hood and impossible to achieve.

Just a number

No work life balance and managers are fake and senior leaders only worry about themselves and job security and their bonuses and free car or truck allowance

$20 hour

It’s a very good place to work at I will love to work there again I’m just trying to take of my family please can I come work I work real hard of doing my job please call me back thank you

Pros

N/a

Cons

I’m good at what I do at work I work hard

Pay helps

The pay helps with the negative stuff. All in all a good job. Would recommend to others interested in this job. Easy work good pay and benefits. Free insurance

Common questions about Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Answered by current and former employees at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight