Fidelis Care Employee Reviews

All about money
System Resolution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 23, 2018
Fidelis was bought by Centene. When Fidelis was a not for profit organization it was very employee friendly! Now it's all about money! Centene is for profit and they are absolutely letting you know! The medical benefits are horrible now! They decreased the 401k match, there is no more vacation year end roll over! You use it or lose it, but try using it because you always get denied days off! I am very unhappy with this new company! They thrive to get everyone covered however your spouse is no longer able to take your medical if they're employer offers it. Rediculous! Centenes CEO doesn't have to worry though because he makes 26 million a year!!
Nice people - inconsistent opportunities
Decline to state (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
Fidelis has many nice people who work there who usually try to do a good job. No harassment or abuse. Some promotions do happen. However, opportunities are inconsistent and definitely not enough management support. Also, stingy PTO and a CEO who is down-right offensive and sexist without being aware of it. There's a culture of hard work but also a kind of closed mentality. They don't invest in enough real excellence and change is extremely difficult to bring about. Senior management sometimes shows a bad example of disrespect and total resistance to change.
Pros
Overall nice people who work hard
Cons
Resistance to change, stingy PTO
Not a good place for people with the desire of Growth
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 8, 2018
This company DOES NOT offer opportunity of moving forward; its more who you know, who's your friend, who you hang out. Forget about all the knowledge and expertise you have, forget about the professionalism and dedication you have, because none of that work. Management need to put all the numbers together and analyze the situation because they will lose all the good workers, those that work really hard believing on the mission of the organization, that gives 100% of their effort. Those are the ones ignored at the time promotions come.
Pros
Flexibility about your schedule
Cons
Bad Departmental Management
It's actually a great company to work for. A lot depends on your department and its needs. The loads can be heavy and support can be lacking.
Care Manager - HARP (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Always invited to give feedback and were always listened to respectfully, but the follow up was always lacking. Very little resolution and often felt like concerns were bouncing off rubber walls.
The Fidelis Care mission is wonderful and Father Frawley is a great leader. I'm proud to be a part of this organization. However the disorganization has taken over where programs have expanded rapidly and there is no relief in sight.
Pros
Worthy mission, true to mission, great salary and benefits
Cons
Sometimes too management heavy; little say in matters by line staff.
Grievance and Appelas
Member Services Grievances & Appeals Department (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJuly 16, 2018
Fidelis a great career starter organization. I enjoyed my time there.

A typical work day consist of managing the cases that comes in the day prior. Investigating and writing letters to the members and or assisting them on getting their issues resolved.

Learned great customer service skills. Management is fair.

The workplace culture is relaxing and a bit young.

Hardest part is the tight deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling accomplishment and the co-workers are pleasant.
unrealistic goals
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Monroe County N YDecember 27, 2018
job requirement /demand shifted , market shift did not align; lost track of mission statement - advancement on a buddy system - abuse in authority to self protect management short fall, lack of support from internal H R many go to state for support .
Pros
mission statement
Cons
authoritarian mind set
Overwhelming
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJune 24, 2018
In short words, you must have no life other than Fidelis. They will make you work long hours not caring if your a parent. They dont care about anything but their numbers. Also, you can only get promoted if you are friends with management and if they like you. It doesn't matter if you've been there 3years or 5, if they don't like you they will promot the person that just has 3 months at the company, I seen it happened.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k
Cons
No brake, long hours, no care for there employee
Supportive same level management, lack of advancement opportunity
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJuly 10, 2018
Upper management won't admit bias.
Lack of cultural diversity in "upper management as well as HR" Not in a whole company statistic.
Felt very discouraged in applying for any promotion or even same level move.

Benefit fair
Work Life Balance fair
Pay fair
Pros
Supportive in same level only, knowledgeable in service
Cons
Bias in management and HR in unconsciousness level
Member Services Associate
Member Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYDecember 11, 2018
Member Services is a very fast paced position. The beginning of the week is usually the most busiest times. The company gives you an hour lunch, but on the busy days they will cut your lunch to 30 mins, you only get 20 mins of break time per day which has to be used for bathroom, smoking, personal phone calls etc. The pay is decent and there is room for advancement after a year.
Pros
Pay, working advantage discounts, parking
Cons
short lunch when busy, micromanaging, stressful
Great pay with long repetitive days
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYOctober 17, 2018
As a customer service rep in the call center you are on the phone all day. Calls begin to become repetitive, customers can be rude and impatient,management expects you to read scripts verbatim every call and offer services like online assistance although you're customer has advised they have NO access to the internet. They claim they have a business casual dress code but depending on who may see during the day depends on whether or not you may be given a warning, asked to change or leave if you're out of "dress code".
Pros
Pay, Pto, late schedule
Cons
Favoritism, call scripts
Great place to work.
Management (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 31, 2018
Fidelis treats their employees well overall. I'd like to retire with Fidelis but I'm finding senior management goes blind to process and workflow in order to benefit their personal gains. Love the company, the work, the people. I'm considering leaving because of my boss, not the company. When numbers matter more than people, your mission is lost and morals are tested.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of accountability
Management is unconcerned
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  NYJune 28, 2018
The turnover for the department is very high. Management is more concerned with filling seats as opposed to retaining qualified talent. There is a distinct divide between workers and management. They create an environment where they feel workers are beneath them and treat us accordingly. Job duties and tasks continue to grow but respect and compensation do not. Join at your own risk. The common consensus is to leave within two years, not for long term.
Pros
nothing to note
Cons
too many to list
productive wok place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
Its a good company to work for good benefits pay is decent room for growth. We did not have to work holidays and were paid for then\m. The company has been recently brought out by another company and is not located In 25 other states.
Pros
recently brought out y another company
Cons
when it's busy which is often you only get 30 minute lunches
Productive and efficient workplace. Not fun.
Manager - Cash & Treasury (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 24, 2018
Its all about the members and membership and revenue growth. Not a fun place and there are no perks. However, they compensate well.
The culture in our finance department is driven by one staff in upper management and does not reflect the company overall.
Pros
Competitive salary and consistent bonus
Cons
No perks, no work from home and management is not flexible.
I feel that this company is a good company to work for.
Clinical Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 29, 2018
This is a good company to work for. I feel that there is room for advancement. I love the management within the clinical service department. I feel that they are fair and offers others room for growth.
Pros
There is room for advancement.
Cons
Flexible schedule
Just Ok
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 14, 2019
I worked there during the Centene merger. I appreciated the quarterly incentives and retention bonuses. Overall not a bad place to work but not equipped to handle high performers as they don't really keep track of metrics. If they had a work from home option, I'd still be there as I wanted to learn new skills but couldn't due to my location.
Pros
Nice co workers, good office culture, well known company in NY
Cons
no telecommute option
The People that work there are always polite!
Claims Processor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJanuary 31, 2019
Fidelis Hires anyone!
They hired a Supervisor with absolutely no Claims Experience..
Neither Did She want to learn.
The Management is Delusional.
They expect you to dress Business Casual while they Dress like They Just Got Hired!
I was absolutely Disgusted by the lack of information that the trainers know as per their position.
Trust me..They Won't be around long!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not as flexible as claimed
Member Services Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
The job is not terrible but was not as expected.
coming from a long history of customer service jobs this particular job was not for me. Felt more as though i was attached to a ball and chain when i was locked away in the call center. There is tons of support from the management team though so don't get me wrong. Just is not a great fit for me.
Pros
Amazing Management Support
Cons
Short breaks and no freedom
Great place to grow
Corporate Trainer - Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Company offers awesome growth opportunities through classes and career guidance; very supportive of the employees and your future; the Mission truly drives the company and most decisions
Pros
Job security
Cons
non-flexible work hours, travel for several positions
Great place to work -Entry level positions.
Billing/Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with individuals that dedicate their time to assist the less fortunate.
Management standards were the highest ever. Working in Accounting gave me the opportunity to enjoy my chosen career even more.
Pros
Entry level positions will provide future working experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelis Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight