Fidelity Bank Employee Reviews

Relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
A typical work day was very relaxed. This is a family oriented company, This is a community bank that is growing, however the technology needs to be updated.
Awful management
Dealer Marketing Rep. (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 30, 2018
Dealer Services has the worst management on ALL levels; the only thing they’re good at is micromanaging the employees. Don’t waste your time here. You’ll be sold a bill of goods during your interview and a pretty picture will be painted of Fidelity. Management needs to be evaluated ASAP!
Pros
Free checking
Cons
Everything except free checking
Co-workers always willing to help and answer questions.
Indirect Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2018
I worked from home approving auto loans in assigned market 9AM to 6PM and every other Saturday. The most enjoyable part was working with auto dealers in completing the loan structure for a solid secured loan. Management was always available to assist with the loan approval process. I learned what the credit guidelines for Fidelity Bank. Working for Fidelity did not have a hard part due to workplace culture that they provided.
Pros
Flexibilty
Benefits
Excellent company with growth opportunties
VP - Underwriting Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Company is well managed with a focused mission. Management is very knowledgeable, experienced and works well together. Company has grown rapidly over the last few years.
Pros
stable company, leadership is strong
Cons
work hours
Most Everyone works in fear of losing their job on dealer services side
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
One VP runs the show, always his way or no way. Very Intelligent but condescending to all under him. In Direct Dealer Services was very profitable but managed poorly & with a very antiquated system.
The business model was outdated & they refused to get with the future. They refused help & input from anyone who had worked in other companies. The VP could make $1.5MM base salary & then nickle & dime the employees on pay, raises & bonuses.
Pros
great rates for employee auto or home purchase
Cons
pay, benefits, bonuses, career path & plans
Not bad if you enjoy the sales game
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJune 7, 2018
Like most other banks Fidelity bank has become sales oriented, you feel pressured to sell more than your co workers so it becomes fairly competitive. If you meet or even exceed your sales goals it never seems to be enough. The hours are great though.
Pros
Time off, good hours, decent pay.
Cons
Benefits arent great, high sales goals with little foot traffic.
Production
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMay 30, 2018
Typical day at work would 10-20 outbound calls, opening and closing accounts, reading policies, setting appointments for the branch manager, maintaining customer's profiles.
It's a facade
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, GAMay 8, 2018
They well welcome you with open arms. Once you try negotiate your salary, they will low ball you. My manager in particular was open to ideas. However, no room for advancement for people of color. The Corporate Square location seemed like the bottom of the totem pole. Fidelity overall is a good ol boy club!
Pros
Hoopla
Cons
No promotions for women or people of color. Poor compensation
productive
Proof Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2018
Working at Fidelity can be an advancement into other dept, but you can get stuck in a position if you do your job well.
I work mostly with the branches and other depts in the bank.
The hardest part of my position if when I am out of balance or when the system shuts down.
Pros
healthcare 401k
Cons
can get stuck in a position
Solid Bank with the Best Customer Service in Town!
Family Office Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2018
Working at Fidelity Bank allowed me to get to know my Family Office clients on a very personal level. I understood not only business and real estate entities but also worked closely with them in their day to day finances.
Stressful at the biscoe branch not fun at all. When i started it was a great place to work at and the the biscoe bank got a new manager and it all cha
Teller (Former Employee) –  Biscoe, NCApril 19, 2018
It was a fun place to work at...the Biscoe branch was a very professional place until the management changed then it went downhill. My day started as to coming in and login in to everything on my computer to be ready when customers started arriving.
Pros
Christmas outtings whith fellow employees
Cons
No cons
Stable place
Mortgage -Escrow Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
great bank, slow progress slow advancement, especially for young African Americans
Pay low, but great job security
No company outings or gatherings to promote team building or morale
Very routine,
Complimentary Accounts
Loan Operations Team Lead, Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2018
Fidelity Bank Hires the BEST People for their positions. They fail to give company raises to their employees in a timely matter when it comes to their Loan Operations Department. In most cases, many employees will not receive any type compensation or raise, entirely. Performance reviews are based on the measure of your errors and how one need to improve rather than a balance of being achievers, hard working, over exceeding and/or great accomplishments from their staff.
Growing community bank culture
Vice President/Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMarch 23, 2018
This was a small community bank that went through extreme issues during the recession. Still in the process of trying to grow.
Very pleasant place to work, decent benefits, laid back atmosphere. Upper management, especially my Senior Vice President, are VERY nice, pleasant, and good to work for.
As a small, community bank, pay scale is somewhat lower than that of the market for similar positions. But is to be expected.
Still, a nice place to work.
Due mainly to my superior, I learned and grew SO much while employed at Fidelity Bank.
Most difficult part of my job, and many at a small bank, is wearing many hats. It's also one of the most enjoyable.
Pros
A GREAT place to work.
Cons
Lower than market pay scale.
Great hometown bank
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 10, 2018
There's a bit of age bias with younger co-workers. It's not blatant, but subtle which I find disconcerting. Other than that, the job itself is good.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Prefer a 45 minute lunch period.
Identity Crisis
Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2018
Company lacks clear direction. Underqualified leadership for all channels including the bank President. Consistent turnover in all areas of bank. I would strongly suggest considering ANY other opportunity before exploring this bank.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership
Good beginning
Auto Loans Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
I learned a lot working here, and I also utilized the opportunities to exercise my knowledge when dealing with our clients. The experience was fun, but it was a never ending battle. You rarely feel like you have won the day no matter how much you accomplish. They used their own software, and had their own security functions. The culture was laid back to a point. Favoritism can be found in certain departments. Grateful for the experience, but there was no future in the department I worked inside of.
Pros
Experience
Cons
advancement opportunities lacked in certain departments
great while it lasted loved my co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 11, 2018
At work I'd take calls answer question, solve problems, interact with customer. I always put my customers first making them feel important and answering there questions to the best of my ability.
Small Community Bank with a Big Heart
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  MooresvilleJanuary 21, 2018
My working schedule is a steady 40 hr, 9-5 Monday through Friday, with weekend days off consistently. I have learned a variety of financial management skills as well as customer service experience. It has helped me appreciate customer service in a different environment than food service. I am excited to carry over the techniques and energy that I have picked up into future opportunities.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Great for promoting within the company. Executive Management stays involved and follows through. Continued education available. Great in-house training Department.
Pros
Promotes wirhin
Cons
No locations in SC