Fidelity Home Energy Employee Reviews

Dont work here
Lead Installer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 12, 2018
This company hire me to make numbers. After 1month they lay me off because they don have jobs or upper management decision due the shortage of work and they sent you do roofing and bs good luck
Pros
Bad compny
Cons
No jobs
Ridiculous family run business
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 23, 2018
This is a family run business. The husbands in laws and wives run this company. The company makes over 1 million dollar a month but they cannot afford to pay you because all the profit goes to the family members. You have to really play your cards and politics right with the family members. Don't think just because they are in a different department they wouldn't reach out and control you in your department that they have no experience with. non- of the husbands in law have a formal college educations. They are very cut- throat and they do not value the workers at all. The culture at the company is "grab the money and run", all they care about is taking the money from the customers. They do not care about paying you or giving you a livable compensation.

Do not use the breakroom, it is just for show. They will harass you if you use it for over 10 minutes.

The manager would constantly harass you for unnecessary things. The manager would say things to you that they cannot even do it himself when they are trying to show you how to pitch. They are constantly hiring new recruits, so they don't care about treating you unfairly because you are disposable.

Avoid at all cost
Pros
Cons
no salary, no 401k, constant harassment
Do you like to work for free? Would Never work here again EVER
energy specialist (Current Employee) –  san leandroNovember 8, 2018
I was initially impressed by how many good reviews they have, however; I was utterly disappointed because I found out they pay their employees to write them reviews and they force you to add their youtube channel and facebook on the spot. So, all the easy money and good money reviews are entirely fake and not true.

The biggest red flag of this company should be they went from 5 branches down to 1 branch. They have changed names 4-5 times in the past years. There are solar companies that have made it to fortune 500 companies, why is this company closing down most of its branches? Why does fidelity home energy keeps talking trash on Sunrun and other solar companies? When they are nowhere as nearly as successful, offering Non-competitive heart attack pricing and keep using excuses like “we have high overhead, so we can’t pay you”. You can literally find solar panels online for wholesale pricing around 100 – 150 dollars a panel; while we are selling 15 panels for $34,000 dollars. This company is a trap for newbies that doesn’t have much work experience, whoever will believe in everything they tell you.

The problem with this company is complex, this is an old school startup. They significantly markup their prices on products and is essentially taking advantage of customers that do not do any research. Scam would probably be the first word that comes to mind, even though they try very hard to emphasize on work ethnics and they are selling on value not scamming people. From misspelling words on their company posters to presentation, print-outs and etc to contradicting company
  more... videos, this company did not give me the feeling of genuine.

Most people are probably attracted by their lofty claims of compensation. The 100k – 200k income is simply a hoax, if it is what you are looking for please avoid this company at all cost. They were showing me how much their employees were making, and I could say it with confidence most people made less than 2000 dollars/ month. It also explains why their entire sales team quit when I signed up. Everyday at meeting, they would spend about 2 hours selling you a dream of making $10,000 dollars a month. The whole thing just did not make sense to me. The pay plan is amongst some of the worst I have seen and required selling in volume; however, this is not a high-volume company. Also they do not give you 2 leads a day as promised. On top of everything, they are constantly hiring new guys and looking for a reason to replace you. Essentially, what they are doing is wasting your time with 1 month training then most people are just let go without the opportunity to prove themselves. There is a lot of contradiction in the management. I was told they would not use certain metrics to measure my performance, then they would use the same metrics to harass me and write me up.

In addition, this is a job that does not pay any salary at all, everything is pure commission. This is the part that does not make the most sense to me. They do not pay you to go into sales meeting, that is about 3 hours drive in total for me and for most people. You spend average 2-3 hours listening to them trying to sell you a wet dream but without ANY PAY - twice a week. It is mandatory for outside sales representatives to work 6 days a week without ANY PAY. So, you have to really rely on your commission. Do they pay good for commissions? I was promise 2k per deal for commission but most of my deals were 200-300 dollars. Like I mentioned before, this is a low volume sales environment, most people only sell about 0-5 deals a month. Meanwhile, you are selling a $60,000 dollar system that only cost the company about 2000 in material cost.
Adding salt to the wound, there is a mandatory 3 days cancellation period required by California law. The cancellations at this place is just ridiculous. I have seen guys with 8 deals a month and 7 of them are cancelled. This is the most shopped around industry, most competitors would come in at a fraction of the price of this company. For example, we would be selling a solar system for $40,000 dollars. Competitors would be selling the exact same solar system, same brand, same number of panels, same inventers for $20,000 dollars including a brand new roof replacement! Our roof alone would cost more than $40,000 dollars. Also, a lot of bad credits, there are nights I am at a customers’ house till 11pm at night just to find out they are a credit turn down. Then, I would drive another 1-2 hours home and a day wasted.

On top of getting almost no pay, while the company is making bank of your hard work, you have to use your own personal vehicle for travels. This means, driving your own vehicle for 200 miles a day, paying for your own gas and maintenance. I maintenance my car average every 2-3 months. Furthermore, the work hours at this company is overwhelming. For example, I would get up at 7AM, get to the company at 8:30am, then I would go to different appointments until 11pm at night – that is about 14-15 hours WITHOUT PAY!!! A DAY.

Some of the other issues I have experienced with this company would be their marketing team, you have to check in with you on your appointments and etc. There was one time, I was 2 hours away from my house. The marketing team told me to wait at the spot to see if they can find another appointment for me. I waited for 5 hours till 8pm at night, I have called them multiple times and nobody got back to me. This is extremely unprofessional and it is quite possibly intentional. The marketing teams are extremely rude over the phone, they consistently gave me attitudes.
The company Is not only dishonest with the employees but they are also very dishonestly to themselves. Let me explain, the company is consistently sending salespeople to “fake” leads. For example, I would drive 2 hours past Napa to a customer’s home just for them to tell me they have already cancelled the appointment the day before. This is not something that just happens once or twice, this happens all the time. The company would always say the customers are lying, then I was told the company is struggling with leads. I have asked customers for proof and they have always showed me the text they sent in or the phone call they have made in the history. I suspect they are inflating the numbers just to make it look like business is flourishing. This is every salesperson’s nightmare – the company keeps hiring a ridiculous amount of people without the corresponding businesses.

Safety is a concern working for this company. The company does not believe in advertising and the only time they advertise, they would advertise in the ghettos. Phony flyers with deceptive wordings would be mailed to residents in the ghettos and tricking them to think the products we sell are free. For example, they would be sending me to some of the worst neighborhoods in Oakland. Just walking down the street, people mugging you with aggression on the streets, Cops are all over the places dealing with crimes, druggies everywhere and feelings like any minute I could get robbed. Walking inside customer’s house, none of the residents are working, everybody is on some kind of government welfare and aid and you are there to sell them a $40,000 - $60,000 dollar system. The best analogy would be the equivalent of trying to sell an Iphone Xs MAX to someone that makes 500 dollars a month. Beyond Ludicrous !
The benefits of this company are below average. The company does not offer any kind of 401k match. My health insurance is more than 200 dollars a month just for myself, which is okay I guess? Word of advice is do not use the breakroom. It is monitored by cameras and prolonged use of the breakroom is guaranteed to get you some form of harassment by the manager or owner; even though they do not have any kind of work for you, they don’t want you to use it. Management constantly harassing workers. Manager wants you to want this job, like your life depending on it, but they don't want to pay you. You have to suck up to the manager, try hard, act like you are going to a pyramid scheme meeting where you have to shout "YES", "YUP", "he is right" to whatever lies the management is spreading to the new recruits.

The most taboo thing in sales would be manager taking leads from salesperson. Their only manager would take leads from salespeople and go out to sell. When you are Idling wondering what is going on, the manager is making all the money. They say they do not play favoritism when giving out leads. There is a guy that has monopoly on all the window leads. Some guys would be receiving 50 leads a month while some guys would receive 10 leads a month.

Don't waste your time here, this feels exactly like slavery, all work no pay. This job is like the meanest roller coaster ride from 6 flags, you will probably make more and spend less time working at "In n Out" than letting them trick you into the dream of making 100-200k a year when you be lucky to make 20k.
Pros
free cup noodles because you cannot afford food
Cons
Ludicrous payplan, low commission, low volume sales, all work no pay, extremely high cancellation rate
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 24, 2018
Great people great enviroment for a call center , the only the company lacked was being professional. Overall it was a great job the people are great
My voice matter
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  San Leandro caOctober 12, 2018
Getting up I have enough time to get my self together then my daughter the supervisors are a help they are always a text away I build my commutation and enjoy goin to work everyday hardest part of the job is not coming because you will love what you do
Pros
Lunch &lots of MUSIC
Cons
Not saving energy
Productive , great learning experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 6, 2018
8 hour work days plus overtime
Competitive work place
Learned associate skills
co workers and managers are friendly
CEO's regularly visit
Working the front desk you learn a lot about the company
Strong and Stable Company Amidst a Volatile Industry
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 21, 2018
Working for Fidelity Home Energy has truly been an incredibly rewarding experience for me. This is without a doubt, the most challenging position I've ever had, but I've grown more in my tenure here than any job I've held in the past. From the moment I began working here I knew I was in an environment that was enriched with experience. Too many companies in this industry are fly by night, promising quick advancement and incredible pay. The reality is most companies in this industry don't know how to stay in business because they put their own interests first. This is a company that truly puts the customer first, and I really admire that. I'm also really blessed to be working alongside some of the best talent in the business. The production manager and his team not only install fast, but do incredible quality work. The sales manager really cares about his team and is not afraid to get in the field, unlike most energy efficient companies. The marketing team work tirelessly to ensure our sales team is supplied with a steady stream of opportunity. Everyone is one cohesive unit and its a wonderful thing to be part of.
Pros
Great pay, opportunity, fast-paced, sustainable
Fun enviorment
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 11, 2018
It was a fun environment to learn how to sell silver and other products to people that wanted to lower their PG&E and learning about energy and solar and how much it affects the economy and people's bills
I love my job!
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 6, 2018
I honestly don't think there is another job opportunity like working at Fidelity! Not only do you have uncapped bonuses in the marketing department but you're also able to control who you call and what you call once you've passed training and can really control your income!
Pros
Weekly bonuses
Room to improve
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 16, 2018
Started working here thinking it would be super easy, ive always worked call center jobs. Did end up falling in love with my fellow employers abd enjoyed making good money while having a goos time. Its not as easy to sell energy upgrades over phone but you need to learn not to give up. Some of the supervisors really gekp you to set more leads by chabging yoir mind frame
Pros
Money. Bonuses. Hours. People
Cons
Short breaks. Inconsistent. Always changing.
Fidelity is family
REP SERVICES (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 14, 2018
I love my job. I dont intend to ever leave. Im getting paid more or as much as family with full time job, we like to eat we like to have fun and we like to make money.
Happy Employees
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 27, 2018
So far I really like this job. It can be really intense and we are a really competitive group of people but I like it. We are told many times to smile and dial, set it and forget it. I’m just starting to get my feet wet with my first sale this past week it’s a great feeling. I have a team that cheers me on and my supervisor is great with helping me understand the system we use. There’s a lot of opportunity to make this a permanent job.
Pros
Spiffs, Bonuses, Gift cards, Lotto tickets, good group of people to be around
Cons
Only 1 break, yes we work Saturday’s
Motivation
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 25, 2018
You have to be a tough cookie to work in sales and marketing. This is high pressured sales and marketing you have to motivated to make money and start a future for yourself, it’s not just this company I’m sure this goes for all sales and marketing companies. You cannot be emotional working with a company like this. The pay is great for part time. A lot of people don’t think this is long term but it can be if you stay positive and lazer beam focused. You have to be able to retain information they train you on. There’s a minimal acceptance performance which goes for all jobs but this one you can literally make your own check, it just depends on how bad you want to make money.
Pros
Bonuses, Spiffs and the supervisors feed us
Cons
Schedule could change at anytime, working 6 days a week is why I stopped working there
I loved working here
Marketer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 4, 2018
I was making more money here than my friends with full time benefits. Its a fun environment, lots of money to be made. Wish we didn't have 6 days a week but at least you can take advantage of making more money
Pf love my job
TSR (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Ive been working at fidelity for 2 years fast pace fun friendly work enviorment. My managers are like family love them the pay is very good room to advance I will work here till I cant work no more
Pros
Pay very good weekly
Cons
Cant work more than 40 hours a week
Easy money
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 28, 2017
I’ve been here long enough to know how things work. Perfect attendance no exceptions or you miss a day and walk in the next morning scared to lose your job. It’s stressful but fun. If you stay productive and positive you’ll survive. Don’t worry about your surroundings. Very competitive so if you are competitive this is the job for you
Pros
No cap on bonuses, you make your own check, paid weekly
Cons
Mandatory Saturdays
Very fast pace environment
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 28, 2017
Typical work day: You have to come in with a positive attitude and be ready to produce.
What I’ve learned so far is how to be productive in a timely manner and get things done efficiently by a deadline.
Management gets a little too comfortable with employees where comments & jokes are not always professional made towards employees.
Workplace culture is very competitive but fun. The hardest part of the job is you have to be able to be consistent and produce daily/weekly. It’s a call center so there’s a revolving door you have to stay focused and motivated. Most enjoyable part of the job is the bonuses and when the supervisors feed us.
Pros
Full time hours, weekly pay, very caring and motivating team, bonuses are great you could make up to $30+/hour if you make you bonuses.
Cons
Aggressive training, only 1 day off, if you’re late or miss one day be ready for interrogation.
Great opportunity and atmosphere!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 18, 2017
Not only do you have the opportunity to double your hourly with commissions and spiffs but the people and atmosphere are great and there is a lot of room to grow!
Pros
good contact, good lead and great atmosphere
Cons
competitive and fast paced
My Experience
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 18, 2017
I love working here. It is fast paced, a great industry to be in and I enjoy the people I work with. If you don't mind grinding 6 days a week, then this can be a lucrative opportunity so it makes it worthwhile when you get your weekly paycheck
Pros
Bonuses and spiffs
Cons
6 day work week
Had fun made money
Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 6, 2017
If you like to talk on the phone, you know how to get what you want and you want to make full time money at part time pay. Check em out. You won t want to work anywhere else.