Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Principal IT Data Analyst - Sr. Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 13, 2018
The company is dynamic and has EQ at the top making work meaningful and rewarding. There is much opportunity to learn and grow professionally and personally.
Great private firm
Vice President, Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 11, 2018
The training received while in the role I had was outstanding. The firm makes tremendous investments in its people. The office culture was very collaborative and supportive, which fostered greater personal and team growth.

The micro management was a drawback. With all the great training, there was no opportunity to internalize it and use it within my own style. I got the impression that management wanted the "McDonalidization" of the advisor force. This was the most difficult aspect of the job.

I loved interacting with the clients and my colleagues both at the local and national level.
Pros
Excellent benefits and training
Cons
Micro management
Alright
Consultant - Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
worked as a conultant at Fidelity. If an employee you receive excellent benefits. Had very good work life balance and seemed that most employees were happy with their positions.
Great company
Client Relationship Advocate/Stock Broker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 9, 2018
Company invests more time and money in training their employees. They have a solid structure for mobility within the company and promote a collaborative culture among its employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
pay is a bit low
Good Company
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  BOSTON, MA, USDecember 8, 2018
There is a lot of room for growth. The company is pretty stable and growing. I enjoyed my years working there. I am still in touch with friends I made there.
Great company to work for, multiple opportunities.
Vice President, Thought Leadership (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2018
Great company to work for, multiple opportunities and across geographies. Pays better than most and benefits are better than most, especially the 401(k) matching.
Mediocre career opportunity
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 5, 2018
Would not recommend as a career; call center environment with a minimal amount of training and a complete lack of work/life balance for the company's employees.
Great company!
Senior Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIDecember 5, 2018
Excellent company to work for with great benefits and career opportunities. The company is highly focused on customer and employee satisfaction and always looking for ways to improve.
Major Boston Employer
G&A (Former Employee) –  BostonDecember 5, 2018
Fidelity was a good place to start near the beginning of my career. Very large company for the Boston area so there are many opportunities to move around. Like all active management investment companies, I believe they are a bit less generous these days due to flows and fee pressure.
Work here first and then move on
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 4, 2018
Typical day is fielding phone calls, inbound or outbound

Able to develop professionally, CFP, Masters degree, etc

Management is always changing and most managers have never performed higher level roles, like financial consultant roles. They have strictly focused on managing people and not understanding what people really do.

Culture is up and down depending on your manager and the managers manager. Always changing and they are looking to the next position.

Hardest part of job is keeping up with changing policies and procedures, especially if it pertains to your compensation.

Best part of role was being able to work from home.
Pros
Work from home, good work life balance
Cons
Constantly being watched. Watch out for random audits, if you did something wrong, they will find you and fire you.
Ran by people that do not appear to have the greatest business intelligence.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 3, 2018
The management at Fidelity is very weak and will lie to your face without any problem. I worked in the charitable division and I could only imagine how other divisions are managed. My 401k is still managed by Fidelity and they do nothing, but lose money. I will be moving my 401k as soon as I get another job. They only are concerned with money, and this is the charitable side of Fidelity. They lied to my face during the initial interview and anytime i raised concerns in one-on-one meetings. I was given promotions and more money to stay with the company, however I would have liked them to keep their word, or just not give their word.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
They do not care about customers or employees
One of the best companies I've worked
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2018
Offers great benefits for the employees. Have a good vacation/sick days policies. Lucky to be able to work with amazing and talented people within my business unit.
Stimulating workplace, very goal oriented. Given all the tools to succeed and grow within the organization. Very professional and highly moral leade
Senior VP Fidelity Investments (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 28, 2018
A typical day as a Wholesaler involved about 6 meetings with Financial Advisers, along with a group lunch either in the Brokerage Firm’s Office, or taking Advisor’s out. Usually once or twice a week, a dinner meeting would also be scheduled. You learn very quickly time management and advanced planning; being late to the first appointments could affect the rest of your day. Management was very responsive to needs or problems, but also made sure you were able to run your territory on your own. The culture was very Professional and service oriented. Do all you can to help your Advisors understand and utilize Fidelity products. The hardest part of the job was getting appointments every day to fill the calendar. The most enjoyable was group meetings with Advisors as well as clients. Utilizing Fidelity’s research and expertise to help advance investment plans
Pros
Travel, great company name and reputation, excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours, travel, stress of market volatility
Employment is Unstable
IT Contractor - Mainframe Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 26, 2018
You never know when the ax hits at Fidelity. I have been there thru 2 major employment changes. 1st was the downsizing here in the US to open sites abroad (China and India). Another was a purchased software app that went thru the HR employment and regimentally identified those that were managers with no reports to be let go, etc.
Too unstable for me.
Very Unstable Work Environment. Many, many quality people let go with Random downsizing vehicle indiscriminately selecting.
As a contractor or employee - you never know when you will be let go and no fault of your own. One such vehicle was a purchased software app that went thru HR, checked profiles, managers and the number of reports, etc and if you did not have enough reports you were let go . If you were not in management and under performing you were let go. Another - Fidelity opened sites in India and China and in so doing let go thousand of US jobs.
Sites open and close based on corporate tax benefits provided by the state.
Not a very stable environment.
Work environment is pleasant and work is flexible.
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 26, 2018
Ever morning would be a daily scrum meeting with our squad. We would discuss about what needs to be improved and if there are any blockers. Work status was tracked using JIRA. Management was structured. Work as such was interesting because I was taken in as a Business Intelligence Developer for a 6 month internship. I had to learn more in Qlik Sense and programmed in Oracle. Work was challenging at time since I needed to collaborate with SME's and financial analysts to gather information and work with my team to understand requirements, build use cases and visualize story points through dashboards. What I found really hard was trying to find the right person who worked on a particular task and had knowledge about it that was connected to mine. The most enjoyable part was to derive insights from the dashboards I created and find out what might be the factors causing the sectors to under perform.
Great company
Private Client Group Relationship Manger (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 25, 2018
Great work environment to develop financial skills. I enjoyed working with great employees, built my financial licensing and learned from working with some of the best in the industry.
Good Experience
Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXNovember 23, 2018
Working at Fidelity was a great experience. From learning the details of compliance, like performing non-discrimination testing and preparing Form 5500s, to participant communications like regulatory notices. It was a fast-paced environment that forced an enhancement in my organizational skills to provide the best customer service.
Pretty good unless you have a family you like to see
Guidance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHNovember 22, 2018
if you can hunker down and take all the baloney that flys at you for the first couple years, you can make a pretty good career out of it. just get off the phones as soon as humanly possible or you will regret it
Management needs improvement
Portfolio Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 19, 2018
This company is trying to become relevant in today's culture, however they are still stuck in a traditional old school management approach. I recommend that they review how they manage the employees and the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.1K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.8Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

89%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.