Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

41K
Found 2,223 reviews matching the search See all 2,929 reviews
Great Company
Writer (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIAugust 18, 2018
Great company - you'll move upward if you know someone special. Overall it is a very good place to work with great benefits. The work home life balance can be challenging because Fidelity is very demanding.
Pros
see above
Cons
Slow advancement
Great way to invest your money.
Personal Investor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2018
Investing is a form of gambling. If you play your cards right and do your homework and keep up with the latest technology, you are guaranteed to make good money. Its a relaxing job, just make sure to check in EVERYDAY.
Pros
Make money by not doing much.
Cons
Can lose lots of money if the company fails.
A job
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 16, 2018
I worked at two different offices for several different managers. The benefits at Fidelity were good. The offices were modern with good technology. It is a good place to work.
Fidelity in Merrimack is a great place to work
Lead Regional Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHAugust 15, 2018
Merrimack campus is very nice with outdoor volleyball, tennis and basketball courts, horseshoe pit, baseball and soccer fields, and nature trails through out the property. The campus has on premises dinning, with coffee store as well as fully equip fitness center. They have a wellness center staffed with health care professionals that can perform center health tests and provide advice.
The Merrimack site also has a wide range of internal Fidelity companies from 401k and health provider specialist, to stock traders, and software development.
Pros
great company
Cons
What can I say?
n/a
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 14, 2018
Benefits were decent. People were the best part about the job. Only allowed to have a 30 minute unpaid lunch and two 15 minute breaks throughout the day.
Call Centers and Culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 14, 2018
My specific role at Fidelity Investments was a service rep. The job itself was an alright gig, as taking phone calls for 8+ hours a day can be some people's fancy. What really got to me, was the sluggish pace of the training centers that had employees on an 8+ month program to train for the call center job. I understand the company needs to teach us, but the days would drag on and that wasn't for me.

The facility itself was a nice campus however, with ping-pong tables and it's own cafeteria and gym. It really shows you how much money the company can toss around.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting on the phones with customers that were a delight to speak with. It's amazing what the power of conversation can do!

The company has pretty solid management, so no complaints. I just realized that the 8-5 office job wasn't particularly right for me.
Pros
Cafeteria with sometimes super cheap food, ping-pong tables, gym
Cons
Call center job, cubicles
very fun place to work
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2018
This has been the best place I have worked in my adult career life to date. I quit kind of on a whim and regret it. I have tried to get back on, but it has not happened yet.
Productive and fun workplace.
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 13, 2018
Great company to work for. Great work culture. Associates are very supportive. Work life balance. They have lots of acronyms which might take some while to understand.
System analyst, CSM, Developer and PM. (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 13, 2018
The work is challenging. The people are very sharp and fun to work with. The working environment is very flexible. The company gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge, skill set and career.
Great company to work for.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 12, 2018
Outstanding company to work for with provides you with all the opportunity for work life balance. Many job roles to transition to if needed and the IT department is top notch.
Pros
Great company
Cons

Want to know more about Fidelity Investments?

Ask a question
Good old white boys club
Defined Contribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 11, 2018
Very limited advancement opportunities for minorities. Hated every day of being there. There is rampant favoritism and the culture isn't the greatest..look elsewhere
Everyone had to be licensed, then they took away the licensing from everyone.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
Favoritism, lack of strong leadership
Trading Representative/Senior Client Service (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIAugust 7, 2018
Fidelity was a highly competitive workplace which strived for excellence. Your role was enhanced by your ability to learn and take the position to the next level at all times.
Pros
competitiveness
Cons
short breaks
never boring
security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
The job was never boring. The joy was working around certain staff that was always pleasant. Certain departments had a pleasant attitude which promoted a team effort daily.
Pros
free meals
Cons
people bringing their personal issues on the job
Minions
Financial Associate III (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 6, 2018
Do not let the building and amenities fool you with this place. You become a number the minute you walk through the door. They will never see you as an individual; don't be fooled.
Pros
nothing really
Ok company
401K Specialist (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHAugust 6, 2018
I had a fulltime job at Fidelity Investments but this was really a go between for the time after 9/11 when almost no jobs were available for technology in the northeast. My experience with them was not bad just didn't want to be a 401k representative forever and it was tough starting over again. I worked to get back into technology.
Pros
good company
Cons
not my career path
Good benefits but easy to get burned out
High Net Worth Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYAugust 4, 2018
Be prepared to work in a call center environment. They pay more than most employers for this type of work but staffing seems to be an issue, very busy.
Pros
Salary, overtime pay, benefits, education, bonuses
Cons
Answering phone calls all day, not much opportunity to grow
great place!!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYAugust 3, 2018
I loved my job!! worked there for 19+ yrs. you could easily work your way to the top!!! the people where great to work with. ran mail machines overall place was great...
Benefits of working here are great
Alternative Investment Representative I and II (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 1, 2018
Fidelity gives us the tools to learn about every department in this firm. We have learning modules and video skypes that we can use to get a broader idea of each department.
There is plenty of ways to grow here with tools to help succeed.
Great benefits and wage, limited career advancement
401k and Pension Specialist (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJuly 31, 2018
Fidelity does have competitive wages and benefits however in the call center movement outside of that department seemed very limited. Always worked hard to resolve issues and be in work before the start of my shift.
Pros
Cafeteria, walking trails, sports fields
Cons
constant changing of upper management and managers
Great Benefits
CSS Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJuly 31, 2018
I was employed at Fidelity twice, once from 1985-1990. I learned so much about investments, and they also had an excellent training program. If you needed a little more help understanding about withdrawals vs tax consequences, they would work with you so you could be more knowledgable, and strive to provide the best customer service. And, they provided free lunches during tax season. You worked hard, however; they also provided their employees with great bonuses, and family events through out the year. And, I also worked as a contract employee from 1998-2000, and I became permanent again from 2001-2003. Overall, I had a great experience working at Fidelity Investments.
Pros
Free lunches, great compensation
Cons
Stressfull situations, poor management from 2001-2003

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

66%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

69%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss