Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Found 2,321 reviews matching the search See all 3,012 reviews
Great Experience
High Net Worth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 20, 2018
We were on the phones 8 hours most days. We would place trades, send checks, reset passwords etc. Fidelity was great experience for a recent business grad.
Pros
all holidays off
Cons
phones 8 hours a day
Given the Industry, a decent place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2018
I was overall, ill-suited for this job. I did not find the work interesting, and am not suited for sales. Training for trading skills and the series 7 was provided and they invest a lot in their employees. Again, for those interested in finance, I would recommend the company.
Fast paced environment
Quality Auditor/ Process Flow Improvement (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYOctober 19, 2018
Loved working here, however, very disappointed with the large number of layoffs. There were many online training programs available, and opportunities to move into different areas in the company.
Pros
Benefit package. Many peaceful lunch and break areas. Allowed to work independently.
Cons
Lay offs
Great working environment !!!
Participant Delivery Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 19, 2018
I learned the ability be more proactive and demonstrate initiative within a call center environment. Learning to deescalate participants calls in a professional manner.

The work place culture was keeping the employees motivated through different types of gift cards for meeting goals, potlucks, games and competitions between teams.

I enjoyed working with and talking to people from different ages and backgrounds.

I found it hard to master the companies adherence and metrics.
Pros
management is very supportive, cafeteria and medical facility on site
Cons
short breaks with no ability to work through lunch in order to leave earlier.
Long time employee
Electronic Response Representative/Senior (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time there... They are large enough that I could,move between departments. I was disappointed that advancement is based on who you know...and is rarely hiring from within.
Excellent Company
System Services Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 18, 2018
Excellent Company and great Benefits. I grew in my role as a Support Analyst.However, right now they are going through belt tightening in the IT support area
Demanding yet rewarding
defined contribution specialist (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYOctober 17, 2018
My position was a CSR for inbound calls regarding 401(k), pensions and health and wellness (insurance). You had the normal type of people calling in. People that were frustrated, had maybe just lost their jobs or facing foreclosure and trying to cash in on their 401k or pension plans. Of course each employer's plan had different rules, timeframes, etc so if you were not able to accomplish exactly what that customer wanted you would end up being yelled at, called out of your name, etc. Depending on your manager you may feel as though you have no support and were kind of out there on your own. The pay was decent and I worked at the company for almost 7 years but honestly I was burnt out by about 3 year is. But this company is a great example of "golden handcuffs". You feel that the pay/benefits are enough to stick the job out compared to other jobs out there even if you are unhappy coming to work each day. Oh yes, they also offered tuition reimbursement which was great as I worked there my last 2 years of college so that was another added benefit and one of the main reasons I stayed at the job as long as I did.
Fun place to work
Non-Tech IPW Developer (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYOctober 17, 2018
I Enjoyed Fidelity Investments. I feel like they care about their employees. My team was great and allowed for me to excel in my work. It was difficult to get promotions or rise in the company, especially at a young age, but still a great company.
Programmer Analyst & Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 16, 2018
Fun place to work and learn at the same time. Nice office with all amenities. Always tries to be on top of latest technology and train employees to get better.
exciting place to work at
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 16, 2018
Fun place to work.
Skills can be upgraded while working.
Agile environment
Scrum
Database testing
Web service testing
Culture is relaxed
Enjoyable part is the team spirit
Good firm with solid products
INVESTMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2018
I worked in one of the branches as a sales rep. The firm did a good job marketing which created a lot of leads. Fidelity has cutting edge and very competitive products
productive, fast paced and energetic
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 15, 2018
received over 100 plus calls a day
displayed time management
business casual
handling customers issues
helped nearby associates when needed
reported to site manager
Truly superb employer
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2018
You should not miss the opportunity to join the workforce of this company. You will find it a truly rewarding experience, and you may also receive monetary remuneration after an initial probationary period of 62 years.
training
Senior Defined Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 12, 2018
Adequate training provided to perform job successfully. Frequent changes in management and organizational structure. Fast paced work environment. Great people to work with.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of career development and advancement
Great Experience
Software Developer/Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 11, 2018
Was great Experience and loved the people and company culture. Wished that the location was different since I am not from the area. Everyone is really passionate and willing to help you learn and grow as a developer and you are valued as a full time team member instead of given side "intern" projects.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87106October 10, 2018
often times my abilities to grow within the company were suppressed or ruined due to things outside of my control which was very depressing and caused myself a lot of work anxiety
Pros
training, education
Cons
management, age discrimination, micro-management
An excellent place to work
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 10, 2018
Fidelity Investments is a company that not only values their many clients but also their employees. There is a strong support system through job training and excellent communication. Fidelity ensures that associates have the skills they need to perform their job. Protecting confidentiality within the organization as well as that of their clients, associates and customers are paramount to the organization.

The campus environment at Fidelity Investments is visually appealing through natural settings and warm, soothing colors throughout the buildings. This company is truly a wonderful place to work and advance your career. I highly recommend it.
Pros
The company works hard to ensure their employees are happy in their work.
Fast paced, intellectually stimulating
Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2018
Excellent place to build a career. Enjoyed my work and the people although everyone struggles to balance work and home life. There is a culture of respect and ethical responsibility.
Great place to learn
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 9, 2018
Fast paced, stressful, and no two days were every the same. Great place to learn about the investment and management world. Expectations were sometimes unrealistic and difficult to obtain. Depending on your manager career could be hampered.
Veritude LLC Staffing Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 8, 2018
This location provided an excellent and challenging work environment. There are some excellent staff working in positions of management at the company.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough variety in work shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.1K

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight