Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Great company

Great company, managers and co-workers. There is so much opportunity and the benefits are amazing. We are provided all the tools needed to provide the best care to our clients.

Benefits

Great Company. Never a dull moment.

Fidelity is hands down the best firm I have ever worked for. Their compensation is fair to start but really picks up if you perform well. 401(k) and profit sharing really pile up after a few years. In my role the work is tough but rewarding and I feel that I have an extensive support network behind me.

Pros

Great work environment. Challenging but fair.

Cons

I wish they gave another week of PTO.

All Talk No Walk: A Self-Guided Tour

*The folks that are willing to tell it like it is are few and far between, but they are a valuable resource.*Once you obtain a job offer get ready to be thrown in to the deep end to sink or swim.*Training was self-guided with sparse and inconsistent feedback, constant turnover of senior staff, and visible frustration with the format from both students and staff.*Fidelity is not verifying vaccination status before allowing employees to return to work onsite and ignoring concerns about this fact.*Be prepared for off-the-clock overtime if you want to become proficient in the technical knowledge necessary to help your callers. I averaged 10-20 hours of unclocked OT each week, on top of a 45 hour workweek. When I brought this concern to leadership multiple times I was ignored. Your clocked OT will be maxed at 2-5 hours per weeks but there is an unwritten and carefully worded expectation to do all you must to retain your self-guided learning modules.*I observed on many calls a persistent superficial politeness, with little concern for dispensing accurate and timely information. It seems like everyone is so worried about their personal career advancement and metrics that no one is giving callers their full attention.*Your stats will be juked from the start to keep you from achieving any bonus your first year, but this will give you plenty of room for "progress, not perfection."

Great group of people to work with

The work can be kind of the same everyday, so having a great team to work with makes it much more enjoyable. The benefits are incredible as is the PTO.

Pros

Cafe on site.

Flexibility and the people

I worked for Fidelity for over 20 years. The people I worked with definitely what stands out. I met more great people than bad ones. Hardworking, no nonsense, go-getter, teamwork, let help each other kind of people; teammate that makes you want to work harder rather than not. I always feel appreciated not just by my peers but also management; my manager and above. My job was detail, deadline oriented all the time; one project after another. It was always stressful and chaotic; but rather than complaining about it, most of us embrace it, laugh it out and attack it head on. No one slacked off and we always get it done. The most enjoyable part of my job is the chaos and people I worked with. Without them I would not survive; without the chaos I would not be managing as well as I did.

Pros

Great cafeteria, gym & walking path on site. Health benefits

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

The pay did not make up for he treatment from customers.

I worked at Fidelity for ~6 months and promptly left after I finished licensing because, as a new hire, I got stuck on a horrible shift with no real room for movement - after the recruiter and hiring team I worked with framed it like "oh, there MIGHT be late nights or weekends but nothing too bad or long term." Well, I worked until 11pm M-F and had little to no chance for quick change on schedule. Customers would also get abusive on the phone on a regular basis and I felt I had very little support with how to deal with those situations. For me, the pay did not come anywhere near close to making up for the anxiety I felt because of how poorly I was treated by customers on a regular basis.

Pros

pay, hour-long lunch

Cons

little support with abusive customers, horrible shift scheduling

Good pay and benefits

The best thing about the job is the pay and benefits, the job itself is stressful a lot of the time. So much to know and training feels pretty rushed.

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

rushed training

Great company but very tiring job

First fidelity is awesome in terms of the people and the benefits as others have stated. But after being here almost two years, even with multiple role changes, everything still feels the exact same. Calls day in and day out with not a lot To break up the days and fairly thankless job. Fidelity will find all kinds of ways to give awards and recognition but you’ll get reamed if your “numbers” are a little below average, and these days everything is so constantly busy and backed up you feel like you can never take a breath

Pros

People, benefits, work from home

Cons

Advancement, day to day

I love the people I work with, the environment is not stressful most of the time. The pay is very good (including benefit options) and I feel like my voice is always valued.

Pros

Vacation time, feedback welcomed, great benefits

Cons

During tax season hours can be a little longer

Really good company, must be right fit for you to be happy

Rundown: M-F. Work one late shift per week until 9 EST. You work 8.5 hours unless they make you do mandatory OT then it could be more. As a WPC you will take calls thats come in for 401k and you are responsible for servicing their need at some point but before doing so, the main goal is to open them up into a planning conversation. As with any sales role they have a very specific sales process to do this and they are BIG on you following it. The process is meant to help you go through planning tools to "help" the participant move forward with actions to better their retirement picture. Really, the goal behind it is to uncover outside assets and if the participant is eligible, then you can set a branch referral. There are times of course you can provide some guidance and actually help a participant in a big way. I was big on this so my calls were longer than they would hope for, so as a result my numbers were just about slightly above average. The top performers rush through calls and don't even provide legit advice and just get the planning clicks they need. Fidelity definitely values numbers over quality too much in my opinion.The path has a great chance for you to move up and progress quickly. They are hiring like crazy. So the growth potential is there for sure. Their are 3 levels to WPC and big raises in between each one (raises mainly come from commission potential.) You have to be confident you can handle the tougher side of the environment though of sitting on your butt all day (some people prefer that), dealing with tough customer conversations (about a quarter of your -

Pros

Great benefits, learn important skills, help people with finances, growth potential

Cons

Care more about numbers than quality, strapped to phone, deal with too many technical issues, have to kiss butt to advance

Workplace Planning

Help people with retirement and 401ks. It is a position where you know you are helping people, however, there is a lot of stress with the colleagues and some customers.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Repetitive calls

Doing this to see the reviews

I am about to interview with the company and want to unlock the rest of the reviews. From what I've heard it's a great company to work for because their training is second to none.

Excellent place to work

Cannot say enough good things about Fidelity as an employer. They value their associates and it shows in the ways they reward and compensate us. I plan to continue working for this company until retirement.

Pros

401k and benefits package, work-life balance

Honestly miserable

the environment is very stressful and you are blamed for the companies failures on every end. you’ll never advance to anything other than another phone job and even that’s often hard to do. culture was great and benefits are were good

Pros

campus, peers, culture

Cons

pay your employees what they are worth

The culture is not as much fun as it was back in the 1990’s

Happy to have worked there. I learned a lot and made a lot of great friends. Life moves on now I am doing other interesting things. I would recommend Fidelity as a great place to start after college.

Fidelity is a good company to work for

I got hired at Fidelity through a temporary service. I temped for 10 months before they hired me. Coming in as a temp, it can be a slow process getting hired on. I've known people to temp for 2-3 years before getting hired. Best way to get in the door without temping is to be willing to work a phone shift or back office. Once you're in you can apply for other jobs. Every department is different. Some are micromanaged, some are not, but the company is large enough that you can move around and find something that suits you.The benefits are great, the campus in Covington is beautiful and the atmosphere is nice. They have a full cafeteria that includes breakfast, grill, deli, entrees, salad bar, and good coffee. There's an on-site medical office. No in office dress code and they have work from home options. Personal Time Off that rolls into the next year if you don't take it. They have a rewards and recognition program. Fidelity is nationwide and this makes relocation a possibility if you need or want to do it. Good people, I met my best friend here.Just a heads up, you will have to pass a background check.Overall 4 stars because nothing is perfect. Management got 3 stars because, just like all companies, some are good, some are bad, you never know what you're going to get. As for Work/Life balance, some departments require overtime. I did give 5 stars for compensation/benefits - 401K match, profit sharing, bonuses - there are just too many to list. If you can get in the door, you can have a fulfilling career here.

Pros

Trustworthy company, professional atmosphere, good benefits, good people

Cons

Can be hard to get hired, temp if you have to, but don't give up if it's what you want

One of the best companies in financial services to work for

You always feel a sense of belonging at Fidelity and that they appreciate you. While pay is slightly lower than average for financial services, their benefits are the best and if you stay there for a while, you will be compensated accordingly. Their training is also great.

Pros

Amazing benefits, feeling of appreciation

Cons

Lower pay

Benefits

They have a ton of fringe benefits that you have to take advantage of (tuition assistance, gym reimbursement, etc). Otherwise, you could go somewhere else and make more money.

It was like having your own little family.

It was a great company to work for, great benefits, great people to work with and for. They really took good care of their employees. Always room for advancement. We were always breaking records for getting our jobs done quickly and awesome quality and safety always came first. And it was a very clean place to work.

Pros

Free lunches, fun committee was always having great things for us to do.

Cons

They out sourced our work.

If you don't mind being treated like a number, they offer great benefits

The welcoming language you hear in training is encouraging, but in the end you are largely treated as a number. If you're working phones like I do, long shifts (ex: 4x10s) are very draining and demanding. Statistics are micromanaged and displayed publicly to all. This seems to create a breeding ground for team toxicity and can be tough for new hires to get used to. We are all, after all, human beings who may make an occasional mistake. While there are opportunities to advance within the company, it hinges on having a decent manager who actually cares. They have a lot of say in how your performance is viewed. Realistically, this is not a sustainable career. Moving up to servicing better products just gives the company more ways to suck energy out of you. You will be expected to serve every product you've ever trained on all at the same time with very little incentive. Be prepared for back to back calls, no matter what the season, if you take on this role.

Pros

Exceptional benefits offered immediately

Cons

Draining work, micromanaged time and statistics, unreasonable workload for the pay, toxic management hierarchy

Fidelity had great pay and great benefits , good management and helpful staff , I’m not sure what work from home is like now with COVID so can’t relate to that topic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K
1.4K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight