Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Found 2,711 reviews matching the search
Excellent Company
The best in it's class. They believe in promoting within, great training programs that equip you to do your job seamlessly and lastly they have excellent benefits.
Pros
Cons
Non
May I say over 100% turnover is a reflection of management.
There’s a reason for the more than 100% turn over, the manager. If you are minority or a woman save yourself from this atrocious work experience. If you’re a white male you will fit right in.
I absolutely hated working here
I worked in defined benefits, the manager for our group was new to this division. The culture at this company is better suited to younger people, as they seem to overlook older employees
Work-life balance
Great work - life balance. That said, the "turn on a dime" initiatives confuses established norms. Disconnect from branch and corporate operating policy.
Great security, boring work
The company itself is one I respect a lot. They have great values, benefits, and care a lot about work life balance. It's more like you're working to live, versus living to work. Which I really appreciate. However, the work itself can be tedious and boring. I felt drained at the end of the day and was in a bad mood simply because I didn't talk to a single person all day. I love the company and it's great for advancement, but make sure you're in a good position for you.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Workplace Bully tactics
My review is based on my experience and some of what I see. Fidelity is generally a good a company but what I have experienced is team leads who are bullies, Male directors who are Male shovenist and bullies, and encourage the same from their team leads while offering no encouragement at all. They are quick to put you down.
Happy with my experience
Although my time was short on my account, the company has many awesome benefits and truly values employees with an understanding for lifestyles. It's great to feel valued even for such a big company
Great Company
Fidelity Investments was an amazing company. Compensation and Benefits are best in class. Upward mobility is very rewarding. The culture is very good, focused on delivering world class customer service. We worked hard but it was noticed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fidelity Investments?
Chaotic management with a disconnect between strategic vision at the top level and execution by senior management
Great benefits. The top leader of the company has been calm with a vision as the company is positioning for industry challenges - fee compression and passive investing invasion. However the senior heads at division level has been chaotic and inept. Some only know cost cutting without any real strategy. Many portfolio managers do not generate performance. Office politics and nepotism plague the culture. Turnover is high.
Review
A very high pressure and busy work environment. Work life/balance is difficult. Westlake campus has nice amenities, such as an on-site gym, cafeteria, Starbucks, jogging trail, and a ping-pong area.
They pretend WELL
When you’re first hired they put on this big front about diversity and support and you slowly start to see their true colors. Racist acts still exist with this company
Fido smt
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table in one building. They have trails too in addition to a small garden. Great times was had working for this company over many years
Excellent company to work for
I really loved the culture at Fidelity. They do a lot for the employees. Great pay. Advancement opportunities are great. Licensing when required is challenging.
Improve the training
They listen to all your calls and if you say anything incorrect that may not have been covered in training they skip the coaching and walk you out the door.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
The work culture is amazing with the amount of diversity in the company. It has always been a great time when working at Fidelity with the work/life balance that is included.
Workspace is productive and team support is good
Good environment for build and release engineers. Worked as build and release engineer. Worked in Agile environment for building the CI CD pipeline for java application. Troubleshooted the issues with the help of developers and fixed the issues according to the environment.
Long term Career
Fidelity can be a day to day job or a long term career depending on your goals. It is competitive and you do need to be able to work hard and pass exams to maintain your position. They have good befits but the bottom line is more important than people.
Call Center Life
If you enjoy working in a call center, then this is the job for you. If you don't like a call center environment, then consider a different field of work.

Like all call centers, you are rigidly and constantly monitor for a pile of different metrics. The breaks are limited and controlled as is your attendance, call handling time, and many other things.

Other than that, however, there were so many amazing things about Fidelity. The managers and co-workers are wonderful and the company itself is very generous - benefits, PTO, a retirement plan.

Acknowledgement and rewards are present in your daily work life - but these rewards don't necessary lead to a change in position - if desired - or growth in the company.
Great Work Experience
Great work environment in which all amenities were made available to ensure that we were able to take breaks, relax and decompress from being on the phone all day.
n/a
i don’t find this part of the excercise and feedback useful. you have gotten pretty much everything from me at this point. hopefully all i have provided so far helps
Got me to Durham
Fidelity has great benefits and working environment. The people are friendly and helpful. They want you to succeed and care about your well being. I left due to mental health related issues and they were very understanding and helpful through the whole process. I would return no questions asked.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K
1.2K
Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.