Fidelity Investments

Found 3,217 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,104 reviews

Fidelity Investments insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Best company I have ever worked for

Featured review

Fidelity Investments selected this as a representative review
Wonderful company with great benefits. You don’t feel like just another number here, they really make you feel valued as an employee. Management is the best I have ever experienced with any job.

Pros

They don’t throw you to the fire, they make sure you’re well trained.

Cons

Training is extremely long (for a good reason)

Great company they will make sure you succeed

I loved this place great managers, can be very stressful but it’s worth it. You have to work really hard to stay with the company no slacking at all!

Pros

Training, pro, managers

Cons

Licensing is very hard to keep up

Fidelity itself is a solid company who provides some great perks and benefits.

Fidelity can be a great place to work. The role itself just isn’t for everyone. Anything phone based can become rather overwhelming as Fidelity has grown exceptionally in the last couple years.

Pros

Benefits, laid back culture, paid for licenses

Cons

On phones 24/7, very metric based

The benefits were excellent. You are paid monthly. And the bonuses are low.

It is not an inclusive culture. Very difficult to move to other departments and advance. There is no flexibility in hours you work. There are no clear objectives and the management is not supportive.

Positive culture that allows you to grow

Love everything about this company. Invest time and effort in getting teams trained and off on the right foot, would highly recommend to any friends or family

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Extreme Stress, but good pay

This job is EXTREMELY stressful. The training was all virtual, which is extremely hard to learn. I felt like I didnt grasp the material. The calls are back to back, and they are extremly difficult calls, very stressful!!!!! Fidelity pays extremely well and they do seem to care about their employees, but the material is extremly stressful and I found out that there are hardly any off phone positions. I got burned out fast...especially with the calls back to back. I worked in call center enviroments before but this call center job was extremely stressful and destroyed me mentally. Other than the extreme difficulity of the content of the job and the training, the job was great. It was just too much to handle and Fidelity probably should either simplify the harder subjects or make the material easy to understand (Their manual WI OLR is really hard to understand at times and way too wordy).

Pros

The pay was awesome and so were the benefits, and the co workers and managament are the most outgoing and easy to get along with.

Cons

Extremely stressful and difficult material, learning was all videos which made it really hard to learn, (especially QDROS). Back to back calls with no breather in between, advancement or moving to off phone positions seem to be near impossible.

Great company and helps with stepping out of comfort zone

I will be forever grateful and proud to work at Fidelity Investments. Invaluable work experience, supportive & productive team environment, and focus on constant process improvements. I loved the challenges and the push to get me out of the comfort zone. Twenty years went by quickly and I was offered the Voluntary Buy-Out package. Thank you, Fidelity, for allowing me time to re-focus, re-energize, and reflect on self-improvement goals. I was lucky to be part of this journey!

Pros

Never boring. Always something new to learn and grow within the company.

Cons

You will work hard and long hours. Lots of fire-drills.

Just a job only positive is you can work remotely

Truly just a job not a career nor positive work moraleDiscrimination if you take certain medical leaves it seem like biased based decisions are made not fairly respectfully appreciating the employee

Cons

Lack of empathy and support

If you aren't ready to talk on the phone with customers non stop for 8 hours, don't apply

I will say the company does seemingly care for their employees, well rather to keep the limited staff they already have. With that being said, the reason they are ALWAYS hiring is because the job is STRESSFUL. You are literally taking call, after call, after call for your entire shift. No time in between. And participants can be MEAN. It just isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I can say as well, some people REALLY excel at this job. You just need to have the right personality to do so. Also, I lucked out with my manager, she was amazing. But the job just wasn't right for me

Pros

Good benefits, some managers are great, others not so much, work from home and paid training

Cons

Felt as though I was "thrown to the wolves" after training, little to know transitional stage. Stressful job overall

Great work experience, great benefits, decent pay, horrible management and heavy work load. Would never return here.

Work experience was excellent, learned a lot.Colleagues and specialists were mostly excellent.Management unfairly steam-rolled people they didn't like for invalid reasons.

Pros

Great benefits and colleagues, good work experience and learning, tons of information and specialists at your fingertips, respectable pay, highly efficient.

Cons

Bad Management, High weekly metrics and volume, insurance/Fixed income results are abysmal. Comp pay ceiling limited & we lose good people.

Great Place to Work

In my role at Fidelity, I always felt supported by management in all aspects of the job. Pay and benefits were fantastic, and the corporate culture was very healthy. Work/life balance left a little to be desired, but was still pretty decent. The work itself was somewhat exhausting. Phone-based support is difficult with no time in between calls. Otherwise, it was a good company to work for.

Pros

Great benefits, great pay, great management philosophy

Cons

Long stretches on the phones

Customer Service Role

It mostly has nothing to do with the company itself but the people who call in are usually rude and just say awful things to you. Management sometimes feels like they don't care at all about what you say.

Good pay and benefits but a call center is a call center.

Good pay and benefits but a call center is a call center. They promise promotions which is true but it is still phone based but at a higher level with more responsibility and clients who are pickier.

Pros

Free lunches and on-site gym, benefits.

Cons

Call center

Limited room for advancement, Great benefits

Call center job, most people don’t stay more then a year or 2. Benefits and management were great and usually supportive. They’ll tell you there’s room for advancement but getting out of a call center role seemed almost impossible

Pros

Management, support getting 7, benefits are great

Cons

Grinding environment, often unrealistic goals, limited advancement

there is nothing much i can say other than it was good

it was just good a typical day at work is just trading stock while you are at home hardest part is trading cause you cannot get along with everyone the most enjoyable is the fact that i get to stay at home

Pros

free lunches

Cons

short breaks

Supportive company with great benefits

I truly enjoyed my time at Fidelity and would recommend working there to friends and family. The job is fast-paced with a huge emphasis on productivity.

Pros

great culture, great communication from the management team

Cons

emphasis on productivity. If you stay focused, you will succeed.

Overall great company , make sure you pay attention to the role you apply for

Fidelity is a great company that will take care of you. However, the call center life is not for everyone and it was not for me . Management honestly was nonexistent and if you like dealing with people all day who are frustrated about their 401k plans then this might be your job.

Pros

Lots of vacation days and good benefits

Cons

Call center job

Great company to work but the job itself is gruesome

I am a CRA and the training and licensing process has been superb. The job itself is call centre type which gets frustrating. I am still exploring opportunities that does not involve taking calls all the time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Continuous calls

Great company culture.

Great company to work for. Highly talented human capital. Diversity and inclusivity is great. Employees feel cared for. Numerous opportunities within the company to growth and branch out. Various Employee resource groups that you can be a part of. Traditional outlook but quickly adapting to change and going digital.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Takes a long time to see growth in the Company

Good people. They try not to make it about the numbers but the pressure is still there.

I think it's a good company to build a career. Benefits are hard to beat. Compensation in sales is decent but not what you would make on the outside. The benefit of lower compensation is that you never have to open a phone book to look for a new client.

Pros

Good support from an upskilling perspective, If you are willing to move, good career development, Most people you work with are friendly

Cons

Managers needing to enforce Fidelity's need to grow with the directive of not using numbers, Expectation of doing better without thoughtful actionable items, Most of the helpful suggestions I get are from colleagues and not managers.

This company is a Flagship 5 STAR Business.

Before I became permanent I had the opportunity to learn several roles with several teams. It prepared me with confidence for the next level and permanency. I am challenged to learn with free course that can further my career. The entire company participates in what is called learning Tuesday. The bonus structure is so Fair that it's mind blowing. The celebration corporately is unmatched. The diversity is definitely Respected.

Pros

I'm winning because of Abby Johnson. With confidence

Cons

Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K
1.4K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fidelity Investments.
Powered byComparably

Compare Fidelity Investments with

• Fidelity Investments
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?