Fidelity National Title Employee Reviews

Stressful
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 11, 2019
Work is very demanding when you think of all the clients you have to deal with. Dealing with the seller/buyer, banks/lender, broker,agents, title, liens department, tax department, and work itself
Pros
i had a good branch manager
Cons
no vaca
Bad experience
Title Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2019
The company's vision and goals were stated but not followed at the local level. More often than not, an employee would get in trouble for doing what national wanted--what the employee was trained to do in official training-- because the local manager wanted something different. It seemed like the managers were pitted against each other and competed more against each other than the actual competition (i.e. other title companies). My manager pitted each employee against the others. My manager's manager knew what was going on and allowed it to continue--daily screaming in the office, employees crying. I made a living wage, but found out it was low for the industry and location. The company was not understanding about basic human needs.
Pros
Okay but not great pay, no late hours or weekends
Cons
unnecessary drama
Recoupment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 29, 2019
Fast paced company with a large amount of employees that pull together to answer questions. Allowed to work independently and adapt to a schedule that works with school schedules.
Productive sweat shop
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2019
A typical day was to arrive at 8 am and leave no earlier that 8pm. No vacation time and no time for personal goals. The work place was managed by someone who never cared about anyone but themselves. The owner did not stick up for his employees at all
Pros
well paid
Cons
management, work / life balance
Great Place to work for
MORTGAGE LOAN DOC FUNDER/CLOSER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 26, 2019
• Prepare and reviewed all closing documents on conventional SFR 1-4 Residential Mortgage, HELOC’s and Consumer loans
• Reviewed supporting documents HUD-1, credit approval and modification including conditions, provisions and covenants.
• Ensures the loan request is in compliance with bank policy and procedure. Confirm proper Tax Certificate and Flood Insurance
• was in place, if needed. Ordered necessary documents such as, UCC search and any missing supporting documents.
• Prepared lender’s closing instruction, demand statements, documentation file and contingency letter to lender.
• Reviewed executed documents for accurate, vesting, rate, margin and loan fees. Coordinates with underwriter, Title or Escrow
• Officers to resolve any inquires or follow-up’s and get recording confirmation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
great benefits
It is a good company top work for
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 21, 2019
it is a good company but the industry as a whole is broken. The industry refuses to adapt to the new times we are in. it is a Good place to learn to multi task and how to handle high pressure and high stress.
No regard for employees.
Escrow Assistant/Escrow OfficerEscrow assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa CaliforniaMarch 16, 2019
It’s all about the bottom line. They fib about unemployment when they let you go And leave you hanging on there to struggle with no regard whatsoever.
Great Job
Title Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 13, 2019
Great work environment. Very understanding upper management. The staff work very well together. Management was very involved in day to day problems. Overall great experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Easy and simple job.
Escrow Processor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 21, 2019
You go in and sit down, type, and send emails for a couple hours, go to lunch come back and do it again. The management was great, they were nice and caring. Everyone else there sucked.
Commercial Title Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2019
It gave me the oppurtunity to give them my 30 yearsof experience in the title business....I have worked in most of the departments in title except title officer
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Great company to start off with
Escrow Processor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2019
I learned a lot in the years I was there and worked for some really nice people who have taught me a lot. I would have never learned all the things I know now without Fideltiy giving me the opportunity to be an escrow processor. I walked in there not knowing anything about processing.
Pros
Free lunches every month for birthdays
Cons
Not enough pay and no growth
Great Environment
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2019
Great place to work. Good advancement opportunities along with good pay. Office works together to get goals achieved. Management is the best I've ever seen.
Workhorse & Workaholic
Sr. Escrow Officer (Residential) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2019
Again Underwriting change of name. Same ownership by self. Loved this business, but in this industry the Underwriters change and so do you. Residential and Commercial
Pros
Owner
Great company
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 22, 2019
If you work hard, there is room for advancement. You will learn a lot and feel a sense of accomplishment. I would work there again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Office was far from my home
Fast Paced work environment
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hidden Valley Lake, CAJanuary 22, 2019
You learn every aspect of the process of an escrow. A typical day consisted of several phone calls emails and in person appointments. Communication skill and comprehension is key in this position.
Great company to work for and a lot of room for growth
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 17, 2019
Great company to work for and a lot of room for growth. I was looking forward to growing and learning with the company but unfortunately due to over-staffing and a slowing market, many of us were laid off.
Title Assistant
CPF Title Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 15, 2019
worked in the policy department, examiner, distribution, starts department, examined new open orders for refinances and purchases, figures out title fees and taxes
Fidelity National was a great environment but little room for advancement
Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Fidelity National Title was a great work place, the work was consistent, at times fast paced yet enjoyable. No room for advancement but great work environment.
Pros
The people, work, environment
Cons
No room for advancement and low pay
Pass
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 31, 2018
Management is horrible and they sure do play favoritism. They do not compensate you for your hard work and they over work you all month long to meet the numbers for the month.
Good job
Escrow Closing Agent/Processor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLDecember 26, 2018
I worked in the builder department and loved it. I was supposed to run the office in Davenport but they lost a builder and had to let me go. I absolutely loved the manager. She is so sweet and understanding.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Corporation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fidelity National Title. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight