Field Nation Employee Reviews

It's like being a Contractor with a business manager
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
You accept the jobs you want
The pay is great
You have procedure and policy, not bosses.
Unlimited earning potential.
Company provided training.
All done via cellphone.
Feild Nation
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 7, 2018
Field Nation matches technicians to consumers/commercial companies to access intelligent field techs. I have amazing jobs opportunities thanks to them. I was able to get Hilton Hotels to do their refresh every three years in the state of CT
A productive platform which has allowed me to sharpen my skills in a brief period of time beyond any degree .
Network Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I believe Field Nation has been a very pinnacle platform for me in my career. I have been able to expand my skill set in a very short period of time. With this ability to be able to diversify my skill set as I see fit it has allowed me to gain vest levels of industry knowledge in current equipment and hardware while in the field. Now moving forward I seek a career within a company that will promote growth and long term stability!
Pros
Choose your own schedule work in various fields of the industry at once
Cons
Logistics and bad coffee
Flexible
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN/FIELD ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  VariedSeptember 3, 2018
Field Nation gives opportunity to work for organizations as an independent contractor. There is flexibility as you have the choice tho request for jobs you like and on your terms. You get Vast experience as you work with various people from various field.
Very Effective
IT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Tristates, NYAugust 28, 2018
Enjoy working as a consultant for Field Nation .
I learned a lot and accomplished a lot.
I would advise techs to work with Field Nation .
No stress just fun
Pros
Get paid for time worked
Cons
work was tough at times
Be the boss
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2018
I work as a freelance tech for field nation. Depending on how many jobs you sign up for and get will determine how much money you can make. It’s very flexible and you go at your own pace
Pros
Make your schedule
Cons
Nothing really
Really productive
I.T Field Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
Technically improving employee skills in all area of jurisdictions, field nation is a remote work that gives employees the opportunity to work wherever and whenever they choose to.
Independant/impersonal
Field Technician/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  VariesAugust 13, 2018
basically an online job board no real company structure to speak of. Over all experience was pleasant. I am always paid on time. Never had any issues with getting paid or any suspicious activity from direct deposit.
Pros
convenient/decent pay
Cons
limited work in my area
no review
Field Service Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJuly 24, 2018
I choose not to compile a review at this time, except to say, set a goal and achieve it. The rest is just to fill required character space for this section.
move fast do all possible to complete
Contractor repairing electronic equipment (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55413July 11, 2018
Every assignment was a different location and task. Follow the rules, keep records. Try your best to fix and send old parts back.
This job was assignments over internet. Pick up parts, install, send old parts back.
Pros
could pick jobs
Cons
not enough jobs
Great opportunities for work!
IT Technician, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2018
Field Nation is a platform that allows Field Service technicians to bid on work and companies to post the work needs without the requirement of hiring employees permanently. Each technician is a 1099 employee. We are rated according to the work we have done and companies are able to log on and rate our work. I have a 5 star rating out of 600+ completed jobs. 'the better your rating with, updated background and drug testing, the more work you receive as a preferred provider.
Pros
An open platform for IT Professionals that allows you to work as much or as little as you desire.
Cons
There is a 10% of all money earned that goes to the company
Great field tech work always busy if you want to be
Field Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2018
After bidding for the days jobs, you gather your work notes, receive all necessary paperwork for each job scheduled, and then, arrive to your jobs within the time window given from the platform.
Pros
No one breathing down your neck every 15 minutes
Cons
usually cannot rely on people at the location to know anything about you are there to perform.
It
Onsite Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 29, 2018
Good site for a private contractor just setting his foot through the door. This job can and will lead to further employment and opportunities because of the valuable knowledge you gain here.
Pros
Hourly
Cons
Competitive
Lots of jobs
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
There are lots of jobs to pick and choose from. The only problem is trying to get hired to do the job. If you get a job they do pay well. Some jobs are a little away to try to get 40 hours a week. Field nation does pay well depending on what job you go for.
Pros
Pick any job you want, Good pay, Work with different companies.
Cons
Compete to get a job, Not enough work to get 40 hours a week
Field Nation is a web portal for contract work
Field Technician I (Current Employee) –  Local Surrounding AreasMarch 31, 2018
I like Field Nation, they have provided me with some extra income. The management is very helpful and professional which is nice.

Upside is you don't have to do any work at all if you don't want it. It is totally request based. You can request any pay adjustment you want, fuel reimbursement etc.

One downside is that even if you are the first or even the one of the first to request a job, the customer will typically wait until the last minute after there are 15 technicians, all with basically the same skill-set to choose a technician. So, you may wait a week and then not get the work, and all the time could have scheduled another job during those days.
Pros
can request any job you want, work offered to you, flexible (no required work), good pay on most work, can request any pay adjustment you wish (fuel reimbursment, etc), very professional management
Cons
uncertain of work even if first to request, some jobs have unrealistic penalties if part returns late, etc., could be 80% of your pay.
Game changing technology!
CHIEF SALES OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2018
We built Field Nation from a passionate 5 man technology company into a 100+ person global marketplace. The culture is can-do, fun and innovative. Still run and directed daily by the founder!
Good
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 17, 2018
I was able to learn installation of hard ware and repair of kiosk point of sale machine , self check out machine . Jobs are posted on line. The job locations can be far as from Columbus to close such as Toledo.
Pros
experience
Cons
travel alot without mileage reimbursment
Get the freedom of choosing jobs
Television Tech helper (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2018
Working at Field Nation is great if you like the freedom of choosing where you get to work everyday. The bad thing is the job can be a couple of hours away and be a thirty minute job.
Good Company.
Network Installer Petco (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 13, 2018
Good company that provides opportunity to learn new things as well as self-employment sustainability.
I would recommend this company to other people. Great job !
Field Nation Review
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2018
The jobs come and I can either take or reject as I wish. I like how we are paid: Fridays of Tuesdays.

I get to meet new people every day. The job allows me to enjoy being retired yet brings me a little to help with the bills.
Pros
My own boss
Cons
When jobs are scarce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Field Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight