Field Nation Employee Reviews

Work hard, Play hard
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2019
At Field Nation the bar is set pretty high. They expect a lot of you, but in return they give you a lot of freedom. Field Nation respects its employees, and doesn't babysit or micromanage. You can keep about any hours you like, and do what you want, when you want. As long as your work gets done, gets done on time, and is done well.
Great opportunity to work as supplemental income
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 9, 2019
Field Nation is great if you need extra money in between jobs. It is all 1099 work. A typical workday can vary from server decommissions to work deployments, rack & stacks and numerous other I.T. related assignments. There is no direct management to report to, but they do have a helpful help desk if you run into a problem on the field with a client. The hardest part of the job is work orders can tend to be vague depending on the recruiter who wrote the work order. This can lead to confusion on the job site. However, tech support at Field Nation are always helpful in those situations. The best part is the variety of projects available that allows you to constantly improve your skill set as a field technician
Pros
Variety of projects - constantly improving skill set
Cons
lengthy wait periods for payouts on projects
Great for Contractors
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Work Diversity, Easy to meet clients, easy pay method, Lead and Assistant Opportunities, multiple work locations, Reoccuring work orders, full descriptions of work
Great work place
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  MNFebruary 9, 2019
Diverse work place and effective customers service, solving issues and Tech Support is wonderful.
Learning different skills everyday.
Management is excellent.
Workplace culture is Diverse
Travel
The most enjoyable part of the job is pay by the hour is negotiable depending on job description.
Pros
Field Technician
Cons
Lunch breaks
The companies ive worked for were great, however Field Nation is cut throat, dont even think of an emergency or aything cause they cut your access
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 23, 2019
terrible place, even after I submitted my paperwork and was still cut from receiving work. this place needs their policies changed. We as technicians have to follow many different policies but they dont have a heart when the inevitable occurs.
Pros
great work and meeting high class employers
Cons
Field nation policies are horribe
3 year tech, fed up.
Lead tech for vendor company (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 15, 2019
They increase what they charge the customer, while also increasing the fees they charge techs. Then as a way to "save the customers money" they start prorating jobs. We have contacts with various customers and several of our jobs that were prorated to us, were charged in full hourly incriments to the customer. FN is lying and stealing from both parties! If a job pays $50 an hour and you're on site for 30 minutes. They will pay you $25 minus 10% and 6% (6% being Texas sales tax and may be higher for you). There's usually a lot of distance between jobs for us in East Texas. 40-60 miles and they don't pay travel. It now costs me money to work fast. They are driving away the good, qualified techs. They won't be saving customers any money when each job is just a revisit to repair some other screw up.
Pros
None any more
Cons
You can't speak to anyone located in the US, You can't make decent money in our area any more
Flexible work environment with diverse opportunities
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 26, 2018
From a variety of work opportunities (from a few hours in a single day to long-term recruitments; from working on computers, servers, network equipment, cash registers, kiosks, paper-cutting & paper-folding machines, & printers to working on displays, audio, surveillance equipment, & site surveys) to a variety of training & company certifications (not official industrial certifications), Field Nation provides a framework for success with forums (fora) for insights from other technicians & general liability insurance through Field Nation (for a small profit-percentage fee in addition to the profit-percentage fee that Field Nation charges technicians for getting work through the app/site. Be sure to know the details of work scope, work process (including what would be needed to properly close the work order, & payment terms before accepting it. Depending on the work order & the technician's rapport with whichever vendor, scheduling & pay could have some room for negotiation. Most work order clock-in procedures require GPS-enabled access to the technician's location. Payouts currently occur twice a week for completed work orders (a full payment at once that could reflect more than one completed work order, once authorized by the vendor(s) for payment). There are rules for declining work orders that a technician has already accepted & been assigned.
Pros
Easy digital access to one's own tax documents (1099 / W-2 documents).
Cons
Profit-percentage fees are paid by technicians for work completed through Field Nation.
be in control of your job
Technician (Current Employee) –  anywhereDecember 22, 2018
you accept work orders as you can through an app. work when you want and as much or as little as you want. get paid by direct deposit. The more experience and knowledge you have the broader range of jobs you can take the earning potential is limitless
Best job-shopping company to work for in my experience
Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 22, 2018
I do contract work and choose the work based on skill level and availability. All the details are mentioned on the work ticket, plus contact numbers. .
Pros
Choose where and when I want to work
Cons
Wish there were more work
Disappointed
Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 14, 2018
Very disappointed with my manager. No communication, will not respond to emails or messages in FieldNation app. Job has been finished for 21 days and still waiting to be paid.
Pros
Good money, You can pick up extra jobs in your spare time.
Cons
PAY- Never know when your gonna be paid.

Want to know more about Field Nation?

Ask a question
productive workplace
IT FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2018
a typical day at work was always different. I learned allot about softwear and hardwear. It was independent contracting so I was my own boss. The hardest part of the job was being able to adjust to the different task. But learning all the different thinngs was mot enjoyable
Pros
good pay and flexible hours
Cons
no retirement
Bad companies looking for cheap labor and unqualified techa
Contractor (Former Employee) –  No orth Carina and vaNovember 23, 2018
It is a platform for cheap labor and most technicians are not screeendc

Always problems

Hi indiu management

Suspended if you argue about the buyers and vendors
Pros
Cons
Bad third parties
Working for Field Nation
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 10, 2018
Company Review:
Working with Field Nation, I have the opportunity to accept and/or counter jobs sites and job locations. This includes countering the pay structure, date, and time before a work order is accepted.

In addition, there is an unlimited earning potential with company provided training that includes procedure and policy training depending on the site location.

Management:
The Field Nation website and Mobile App is user-friendly with available communication access to the the manager via email or phone.

What did I learn:
It is best to complete the background process and obtain the required insurance. Many of the companies that you are assigned require a background check and you do not want to restrict your options by not having one on file with Field Nation.

Job Title:
I started out as a IT Technician and quickly started training for other industry fields.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
It's like being a Contractor with a business manager
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
You accept the jobs you want
The pay is great
You have procedure and policy, not bosses.
Unlimited earning potential.
Company provided training.
All done via cellphone.
Feild Nation
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 7, 2018
Field Nation matches technicians to consumers/commercial companies to access intelligent field techs. I have amazing jobs opportunities thanks to them. I was able to get Hilton Hotels to do their refresh every three years in the state of CT
A productive platform which has allowed me to sharpen my skills in a brief period of time beyond any degree .
Network Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I believe Field Nation has been a very pinnacle platform for me in my career. I have been able to expand my skill set in a very short period of time. With this ability to be able to diversify my skill set as I see fit it has allowed me to gain vest levels of industry knowledge in current equipment and hardware while in the field. Now moving forward I seek a career within a company that will promote growth and long term stability!
Pros
Choose your own schedule work in various fields of the industry at once
Cons
Logistics and bad coffee
Flexible
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN/FIELD ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  VariedSeptember 3, 2018
Field Nation gives opportunity to work for organizations as an independent contractor. There is flexibility as you have the choice tho request for jobs you like and on your terms. You get Vast experience as you work with various people from various field.
Very Effective
IT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Tristates, NYAugust 28, 2018
Enjoy working as a consultant for Field Nation .
I learned a lot and accomplished a lot.
I would advise techs to work with Field Nation .
No stress just fun
Pros
Get paid for time worked
Cons
work was tough at times
Be the boss
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2018
I work as a freelance tech for field nation. Depending on how many jobs you sign up for and get will determine how much money you can make. It’s very flexible and you go at your own pace
Pros
Make your schedule
Cons
Nothing really
Really productive
I.T Field Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
Technically improving employee skills in all area of jurisdictions, field nation is a remote work that gives employees the opportunity to work wherever and whenever they choose to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Field Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight