Field Nation Employee Reviews

Working for Field Nation
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 10, 2018
Company Review:
Working with Field Nation, I have the opportunity to accept and/or counter jobs sites and job locations. This includes countering the pay structure, date, and time before a work order is accepted.

In addition, there is an unlimited earning potential with company provided training that includes procedure and policy training depending on the site location.

Management:
The Field Nation website and Mobile App is user-friendly with available communication access to the the manager via email or phone.

What did I learn:
It is best to complete the background process and obtain the required insurance. Many of the companies that you are assigned require a background check and you do not want to restrict your options by not having one on file with Field Nation.

Job Title:
I started out as a IT Technician and quickly started training for other industry fields.
Pros
Flexibility
3 year tech, fed up.
Lead tech for vendor company (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 15, 2019
They increase what they charge the customer, while also increasing the fees they charge techs. Then as a way to "save the customers money" they start prorating jobs. We have contacts with various customers and several of our jobs that were prorated to us, were charged in full hourly incriments to the customer. FN is lying and stealing from both parties! If a job pays $50 an hour and you're on site for 30 minutes. They will pay you $25 minus 10% and 6% (6% being Texas sales tax and may be higher for you). There's usually a lot of distance between jobs for us in East Texas. 40-60 miles and they don't pay travel. It now costs me money to work fast. They are driving away the good, qualified techs. They won't be saving customers any money when each job is just a revisit to repair some other screw up.
Pros
None any more
Cons
You can't speak to anyone located in the US, You can't make decent money in our area any more
A productive platform which has allowed me to sharpen my skills in a brief period of time beyond any degree .
Network Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I believe Field Nation has been a very pinnacle platform for me in my career. I have been able to expand my skill set in a very short period of time. With this ability to be able to diversify my skill set as I see fit it has allowed me to gain vest levels of industry knowledge in current equipment and hardware while in the field. Now moving forward I seek a career within a company that will promote growth and long term stability!
Pros
Choose your own schedule work in various fields of the industry at once
Cons
Logistics and bad coffee
Contract I.T. Platform
Field Technician, Contract I.T. Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
To Sum up the Field Nation roles.
Work is varied, with a wide variety of skill sets are needed to succeed, as in most occupations you develop a rapport with the client companies which is necessary to succeed.
It does give one the flexibility to make to some extent your own schedule. It also allows one to grow and expand their expertise by participating in a wide range of projects.
Pros
On the plus side there is an endless variety to the assignments, locations and environments one works in.
Cons
On the negative, there is no real Job security or benefits available.
Bad companies looking for cheap labor and unqualified techa
Contractor (Former Employee) –  No orth Carina and vaNovember 23, 2018
It is a platform for cheap labor and most technicians are not screeendc

Always problems

Hi indiu management

Suspended if you argue about the buyers and vendors
Pros
Cons
Bad third parties
Great place for confident independant consultants
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New York, NY; New JerseyJanuary 19, 2018
Great organization to work with. Your success depends on you negotiation, qualitative and industry skills. You have extensive freedom to determine your compensation and assignments.
Pros
Freedom to determine compensation and assignments.
Cons
Low balling providers.
productive workplace
IT FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2018
a typical day at work was always different. I learned allot about softwear and hardwear. It was independent contracting so I was my own boss. The hardest part of the job was being able to adjust to the different task. But learning all the different thinngs was mot enjoyable
Pros
good pay and flexible hours
Cons
no retirement
Self paced, self chosen short term contact jobs
Independent IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 28, 2017
Good quick money and able to bid on only the jobs I want to take. Sometimes the work load slows down but it has been great part time opportunity for me in between jobs.
Pros
Schedule only the jobs I want and work as much or little as I want, when work is available. Great pay from the companies I contract for.
Cons
No benefits
be in control of your job
Technician (Current Employee) –  anywhereDecember 22, 2018
you accept work orders as you can through an app. work when you want and as much or as little as you want. get paid by direct deposit. The more experience and knowledge you have the broader range of jobs you can take the earning potential is limitless
Disappointed
Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 14, 2018
Very disappointed with my manager. No communication, will not respond to emails or messages in FieldNation app. Job has been finished for 21 days and still waiting to be paid.
Pros
Good money, You can pick up extra jobs in your spare time.
Cons
PAY- Never know when your gonna be paid.
Great opportunities for work!
IT Technician, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2018
Field Nation is a platform that allows Field Service technicians to bid on work and companies to post the work needs without the requirement of hiring employees permanently. Each technician is a 1099 employee. We are rated according to the work we have done and companies are able to log on and rate our work. I have a 5 star rating out of 600+ completed jobs. 'the better your rating with, updated background and drug testing, the more work you receive as a preferred provider.
Pros
An open platform for IT Professionals that allows you to work as much or as little as you desire.
Cons
There is a 10% of all money earned that goes to the company
Best job-shopping company to work for in my experience
Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 22, 2018
I do contract work and choose the work based on skill level and availability. All the details are mentioned on the work ticket, plus contact numbers. .
Pros
Choose where and when I want to work
Cons
Wish there were more work
Field Nation is a web portal for contract work
Field Technician I (Current Employee) –  Local Surrounding AreasMarch 31, 2018
I like Field Nation, they have provided me with some extra income. The management is very helpful and professional which is nice.

Upside is you don't have to do any work at all if you don't want it. It is totally request based. You can request any pay adjustment you want, fuel reimbursement etc.

One downside is that even if you are the first or even the one of the first to request a job, the customer will typically wait until the last minute after there are 15 technicians, all with basically the same skill-set to choose a technician. So, you may wait a week and then not get the work, and all the time could have scheduled another job during those days.
Pros
can request any job you want, work offered to you, flexible (no required work), good pay on most work, can request any pay adjustment you wish (fuel reimbursment, etc), very professional management
Cons
uncertain of work even if first to request, some jobs have unrealistic penalties if part returns late, etc., could be 80% of your pay.
Flexible
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN/FIELD ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  VariedSeptember 3, 2018
Field Nation gives opportunity to work for organizations as an independent contractor. There is flexibility as you have the choice tho request for jobs you like and on your terms. You get Vast experience as you work with various people from various field.
It's like being a Contractor with a business manager
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
You accept the jobs you want
The pay is great
You have procedure and policy, not bosses.
Unlimited earning potential.
Company provided training.
All done via cellphone.
Independant/impersonal
Field Technician/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  VariesAugust 13, 2018
basically an online job board no real company structure to speak of. Over all experience was pleasant. I am always paid on time. Never had any issues with getting paid or any suspicious activity from direct deposit.
Pros
convenient/decent pay
Cons
limited work in my area
Feild Nation
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 7, 2018
Field Nation matches technicians to consumers/commercial companies to access intelligent field techs. I have amazing jobs opportunities thanks to them. I was able to get Hilton Hotels to do their refresh every three years in the state of CT
Be the boss
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2018
I work as a freelance tech for field nation. Depending on how many jobs you sign up for and get will determine how much money you can make. It’s very flexible and you go at your own pace
Pros
Make your schedule
Cons
Nothing really
Suplimental employment (Freelance)
Computer Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 22, 2016
• Typical day is what comes to you as you plan, providing you get the bid.

• Learned that the industry in Freelance is truely looking for a "bargain basement". A lot of companies are trying to cash in on contracts and paying as little as possible, however it will drop salaries if the work force is desperate enough to accept it.

• Management of Field Nation is professional and will quickly advocate for the Providers(technicians) where needed.

• Few instances of having coworkers, some helpers have been provided for jobs as necessary.

• Hardest part of the job is when there is little known about responsibility and workload.

• Provider is in control of contract terms and responsibilities as part of the contract negotiation.
Pros
Duties and compansation up front.
Cons
Low compensation offerings, must "counter-offer" every contract for fair application of compansation and terms and expenses..
Lots promised, little delivered
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 10, 2016
Pros:
If you like downtown the office is nice and there are lots of places to eat.
Close to transport.

Cons:
Time divided between creating stories for and reviewing the work from the team in Bangladesh, which does the majority of the work.

A general lack of standards for software development. No design meetings, architectural reviews, or testing staff.

Lots of cheerleading about how they are the next Facebook or whatever and how your in on the ground floor. Do your homework before signing up.

Summary:
Maybe things have changed but given the current job market is good, I'd take a pass. Especially if your expectations are to be listened to or valued as a person.

If this review is published watch for the flood of five star reviews that FN management posts. Damage control is their specialty.
Pros
Nice office if you like downtown Mpls, Some nice people
Cons
Poor communication skills, no feedback, poor benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Field Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight