Fielding Graduate University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing Staff - poor management
Former Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 3, 2018
Was a great school, innovative at the time of conception. Do not know when to cut loose bad manager, the rest of the staff suffer. many good people lost because, HR and management will not act.
Pros
Good company culture
Cons
wrong people in the wrong positions
Graduate School
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 20, 2017
This is not a job; it is school. It is a doctoral program in clinical psychology that requires a lot of work and little sleep and a lot of wine to survive
Great Intro. to Higher Ed.
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 21, 2016
I found Fielding to be a great first job in higher education. My supervisors provided a great overview of the field and I gained a lot of valuable skills which help me in my current position. I worked with my supervisors to play to my strengths and work on my weaknesses.

It's a little strange working at a university and not having face-to-face interactions with the students.
I am looking for a challenging position in order to utilize my educational skills and what management capabilities gained from Stanford and Capella.
student (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 11, 2014
I have learned that the CEO or top executive is only as good as the team that they are coaching and leading. The hardest part of my last job was raising big money when the parent entity has resources to run the museum a 501 c 3 entity.
Pros
having a family and community ties.
Cons
short breaks and working through lunch many times and missing exercise times.
A great idea that has passed over its potential
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR/WEBMASTER (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 7, 2014
Experts in Organization Management who can't manage their own organization. Beware of non-technical management who will be unable to appreciate or assess the contributions of technical workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those types of persons. The most enjoyable part was working on projects with technical colleagues and achieving success.
Co-workers at Fielding are by and large good people but management when I was there fostered an atmosphere of distrust. I know that there has been much change in management since I left two years ago, so it might be on the upswing...but be wary.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Low morale, lack of respect or confidence in technical personnel
Productive internship
Clinical Neuropsychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Orange CountySeptember 14, 2013
Post Doctoral Internship in Clinical Neuropsychology. Excellent for Post Doctoral Studies.
Pros
Accredited Education
Cons
Challenging
Wonderful Vision, Mission and Values
Bus. Sys. Manager School of Human / Org. Dev. (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara CAJune 27, 2013
Typical days require multi-tasking and various levels of skills.

I learned to value high-quality interactions with professionals and academics.

The management ranged from fantastic to unbearable. My co-workers were for the most part multi-talented and had strong respect diversity, social justice and humane working environment.

The hardest part of the job was that there was minimal training or standard operating procedures and that scope-creep was the norm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Faculty and Students. We attracted a very high-caliber faculty and student base from all over the world.
Pros
The ability to work with high-caliber professionals and academics
Cons
The workload bunched up around three times of the year, and so the effort required at certain parts of the year was extensive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fielding Graduate University. Our community is ready to answer.

Fielding Graduate University Reviews by Location