FieldTurf Employee Reviews

History
Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 13, 2018
It was a great place to work, I love the team. During the time of me being here I learned new things on the daily that really challenged to be experienced.
Not a good work place
Machine operater (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 10, 2018
I don't think it's right that the bosses get the tufting employees insensitive bonuses because they work hard for that money and all the bosses do is set in the smokers are in the office they don't do the hard work
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Some of the people
Stressful
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 22, 2018
I gained additional purchasing experience working at FieldTurf. The company computer system was the worst. System functions would not work and you had to rely on massive excel files to complete job task.
Pros
Gained work experience
Cons
mananagement
No work/life Balance
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 4, 2018
Absolutely no work/life balance. The upper management team gives you hardly any resources to do your job and they expect ridiculous results when they don't provide what you need.
Management is awful and such a disgrace
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GaJune 14, 2017
Their Supervisor and The Leads Are The Worst To Have As Your Managers. They literally give you no time to train . After 2 days they expect you to have the skills down pact . This is by far the worst job I have worked for and they have their favorites and if they don't like you as a worker they will constantly pick at you and move you to a fast paced machine even if you only been there for a week just for you to throw in the towel . They'll also enter false information into the computer systems about your points just so they can throw it your face and threaten you with your job . Field Turf is by far HANDS DOWN
Pros
Cons
Everything is Horrible
Not good
LTO (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMay 5, 2017
inadequate training to no training not a good place at all to work unless you are ok with little to no training whatsoever because safety is a very big issue to me.
Pros
Cons
Little to no training
Very productive and the most laidback place i ever worked f I r
Wrapper on a coater (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 21, 2017
If anyone ever needed a job I would recommend Field turf to anyone even though it is only seasonal I couldn't ask for a better place the management was so helpful in explaining the job to you and the employees worked as a cohesive to get the job done
Pros
Clean and friendly people
Cons
It was just temporary
Very active and fast pace.
Operator/Creeler (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 20, 2017
I loved this job. It was very active and fast pace and time went by so fast. We ever worked 12 hour shifts witch I loved. I always challenging myself to go faster. It's was a great workout and made a lot of friends.
Worst Company
Landscape Coater Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 11, 2015
Worst company to work for. Tell you one thing and do something else. Do not care about their employees. Management hires their buddies and replaces the people that have been there for any length of time.
Cons
Management is awful and has ruined the company
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 25, 2015
horrible management, 10 jobs per person with no pay reflecting all the jobs. But most important is the management.....I can not express enough how awful and uneducated they are.
great learning experience
Receiving clerk (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 12, 2014
love working here. my boss is probably the best guy I have ever worked for.
Fast pace environment to work
Manager - Landscape Coater (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GASeptember 2, 2014
Work with a team to manufacture finished synthetic turf
Poor management, no advancement opportunities, and talent is overlooked.
Can't Say (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 10, 2014
There are very good employees at FieldTurf, but the more talented and important are overlooked and underpaid, while the under-qualified are well compensated and management works to decrease their workload by hiring unneeded employees, due to their lack of understanding of their job. This stems from upper management micromanaging non-direct reports due to apparent distrust of their reports. This leads to the most talented/qualified employees being overworked and underpaid because they are quiet and management don't know the extent of what goes on in their everyday duties and the importance of their accomplishments. Many employees have been there 10-20 years, and are let go/discounted because they do not agree with unwarranted changes to increase profit margins by decreasing quality, something the company was founded upon. Many times, the management look to micromanage plant employees labor costs while hiring in analysts and more managers that only increase overhead in order to spot efficiency measures, that ends up being counter-efficient.
Productive Workplace
Adm (Former Employee) –  Santa, IDOctober 5, 2013
Productive workplace, lot's of different job duties. Doing alot of research. Creating PDF files for the accounting department.
Pros
Private Office
Cons
No paid holidays or vacation pay
productive
meander (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GADecember 2, 2012
I worked from 7am to 3pm. I learned to use a mending gun and do repairs on messed up rolls of turf. Management wasn't all that great. coworkers were great always helpful,the hardest part of my joy was all the extreme heavy lifting, the most enjoyable was knowing I was making football fields
Pros
could leave 30 mins for lunch
Cons
no structure