Fiesta Mart LLC Employee Reviews

Terrible job the only good thing about this job we’re your co workers and I mean co workers not managers
Front End Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 8, 2019
I would never recommend working here! Terrible management with rude managers that think there better than everyone and I was a front end assistant manager. Terrible work hours and low pay and if you ask for a raise they wouldn’t give it to you till another 5 months. This place is a negative space but some of my co workers are friendly and I know some people deserved to get paid more for there dedication and hard work but would the managers care? No.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, rude managers, rude customers.
Great place to get comfortable
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Stable work environment. 401K reimbursement, medical, dental, and vision benefits. Understanding of life challenging events that occur with everyday life.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No raises
You do what you're taught, anything else, you put in.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 7, 2018
Not a bad job. A lot of customers. If you take your time until you know exactly what your doing, you'll be fine. Mistakes happen, make sure you let your manager know about it, and it will be ok. Honesty-very important.
Pros
Decent benefits.
Cons
Raises are smaller then they should be.
The culture is great and work is easy simple
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
A good and easy job but theres no way of moving up and had a horrible store manager who stayed up in his office all day. I worked full time hours but was still labeled as part time and could not receive any benefits or the max amount of holiday pay. The company kept changing owners like crazy and it just kept getting worse
Pros
Good and easy going job
Cons
Horrible management
Good Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Houston, TXDecember 26, 2018
Working at fiesta was a good experience,It just wasn’t doing anything good for me financially and I needed Something more permanent and flexible. The staff was extremely helpful and excellent with their customer service skills.
Cons
Short breaks, no Benefits
First cashier job
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKDecember 11, 2018
A good first cashier job. The benefits were too expensive that they offered, and the pay was small compared to the job I had after this. It was a fun job though, thanks to my managers and customers.
It's a busy place...very fast paced
Cold Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Over all a good place to work. Pay raises aren't all that and are too far apart. Some of the upper management in the company don't pay attention to what the people that are actually working inside the stores tell them.
Pros
Good benefits
Power Cutter
ASSISTANT MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
As a Meat-Cutter they work you like a slave, no lunch, on two 15 breaks taken together. Never cut so much meat there in the time I was employed there. Speed and Mass production was top priority. If you were a slow worker, you didn't last long. Good thing I was experienced Meat-Cutter and knew my job well and didn't lose any fingers. Pressure, they constantly pressured you meeting the demands on backup for sales.
Pros
Cons
No benefits at the beginning
Quick-paced stressful workplace with few pay raises.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
It's a quick paced stressful job where they pay you decently unless your manager is the type to never give any raises, but it has great benefits.
The customers can be very rude and condescending if you don't speak any Spanish and even down right racist at times, and normally I would be able to smile through it, but it gets difficult when it happens daily.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k, high energy.
Cons
Stressful, hard to get a raise, bad management, rude customers.
Nice people, bad corporate policies and hours
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
I enjoy working with the people here, but corporate offices make it less likely for me to want to continue working here. However, there is a change in management soon, so perhaps those working later here will enjoy more of the benefits and prices Fiesta would have to offer.
Pros
Nice people, good management, good training
Cons
Few raises, short hours, little advancement, no overtime
Slow sometimes
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2018
Mostly busy on holidays
Sometimes gives breaks
Always a lot to do
Mostly relaxing on labor week
Need to approve
Add more raises
Kinda too strict most of the times
Fiesta Mart was o o.k place to work.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed the job at Fiesta but wasn't getting full-time hours or benefits. The schedule changed from week to week so that made it hard to get some personal things done.
fun and productive
backery/clerk (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 6, 2018
first place working there. and I really enjoyed everything management is amazing. management is straight and they know what they do. good entertainment as music and activity
Pros
opportunity of growing
Cons
low salary
Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2018
I didn’t like working as a cashier in fiesta we didn’t get the 3 month raise they told us about and the new people were getting payed 10 while the old ones 9 dollars per hour so I decided to quit because it’s not fair
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 19, 2018
It was a great job for high schoolers. It was my first job and management was great and helpful. It was helpful with weekly pay but in over all I was not employed to receive benefits.
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 19, 2018
Good paychecks for working full time day shifts to just scan a customer's grocery items and bag the items and take money and give the customer their receipt
Pros
Work pace and salary
Cons
Management and hours
it was okay but they cut my hours short
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
I had work there , i mean the salary was good but they didnt give me enough hours. I was going to school and everyone else who was going to school, had enough hours . Fiesta is an expensive grocery store
Cons
short hours
Terrible pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2018
It was a cool job when I was a freshman in college, I liked my coworkers. They were flexible with my school schedule but the pay was TERRIBLE. I had transferred from a store in Ft.Worth and I was paid 8.00/hr there. when I transferred to a store in houston I got my same pay but my other co workers in houston were only getting 7.25-7.35/hr and never a raise.It seemed a bit harder to move up compared to the leading grocery store in houston. It's okay if you're in high school or just starting in college because they are flexible and it's a job but if you actually have bills you can find something better elsewhere.
Pros
nice people, friendly customers
Cons
pay
Pay is not competitive
Cold Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2018
Fiesta company keep selling and everything is unorganized and I feel like fiesta doesn't care about their worker as they once have. Fiesta no longer match their employees 401k.
fun management great first job
Checker (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 13, 2018
the workers along with the customers are friendly approachable you feel right at home. the duties you perform are simple and the time goes by super fast next thing you know your moving out of one register and jumping on your new one
Pros
most likely to work at other grocery chains with the extensive knowldege
Cons
dont give you benefits such as medicare or dental insurance unless you are a fulltime, promotions and raises are rare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiesta Mart LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fiesta Mart LLC.

Powered by Comparably