Fiesta Salons Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJuly 22, 2018
My typical day at work started out with a positive attitude and smile on my face saying hello to my girls. At fiesta I learned a lot, from more trendy haircuts to newest hair techniques. My experience for working with fiesta was 7/10.
Hourly pay
Master stylist (Former Employee) –  New Boston, OHJuly 10, 2018
You get paid even during slow times. Never allowed to turn away a guest even if closing the salon at night. Mostly worked alone wasn't even able to use the bathroom and our salon was out of products we needed most of the time.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Not flexible required to work every weekend
ok place to work-high turn over
Assistant Manager/Master Stylist (Current Employee) –  Taylor Mill, KYFebruary 7, 2018
The company has seen several different CEOs in the past few years. The pay is not living wage for a professional job. When asked about pay raise you are told to do more work to raise your commission (basically having clients pay your salary)
The company focuses too much on numbers and retail
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 1, 2017
Upper management only cares about numbers and they treat you like a number everyone I have dealt with does nothing but lie to protect themselves. They're supposed to lead by example but they're the ones doing the most damage to the company. Their insurance is very expensive you can't even afford it. It took away basically all benefits. I've been a hairstylist for several years and my commission was barely 40%. They don't care about you the only care about how much money you bring into the company. They even did away with Supply and tools for stylist and did away with continuous Hands-On education.
Cons
A good place to gain experience
Managing Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHMarch 31, 2017
Fiesta was my first cosmetology job and I needed to start there. I gained a lot of experience in my field working there, since they provide a steady clientele.
horrible place to work
Stylist/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  ohioDecember 7, 2016
this company doesn't appreciate anyone who works for them they pick favorites and there is no room to move up. they dont pay nearly enough for what you deal with from them
learned a lot
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 29, 2016
I did learn a lot in this company because of the employees. But there are a lot of cons in this business. 30 percent of commission for what we do is not a lot for what work we put in. It has a huge turn over base! Its a huge chain and if the salon has something a little different like writing our names on mirrors or decorating for holidays we are getting in trouble for it. I believe there is a lot of improvements.
Pros
employees
Cons
healthcare. comission
cut hair sell retail
Manager/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYOctober 25, 2015
cut hair, nothing much to learn, my manager was great in Henderson KY co worker were nice overall a good place to work but the pay is horrible
Great Place to Get Started
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHJuly 23, 2015
When you're first starting out, a place like Fiesta is a good place to build clientele and learn the ropes of the business side of the salon. I had great coworkers and would gladly return if given the chance.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
not always a steady work day
Productive and fun work place
Managing Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Coshocton, OHMarch 5, 2015
A typical day at work consists of completing client consultations and performing the services they request as well as give them tips and suggestions on styling and maintaining the hair. Keeping a clean salon and providing good customer service.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Pay
creative and fun
Salon Manager / Stylist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INMarch 18, 2014
I am the manger and stylist in the salon so i do all of the ordering, scheduling, goal setting, maintaining of payroll ect along with taking care of clients.
Poor Advancement Opportunities
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2013
Company had very poor advancement opportunities, Management was unprofessional