Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,878 reviews matching the search See all 1,888 reviews
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, KYFebruary 18, 2019
Benefits are great and my branch was very family oriented. Co-workers and customers were easy to work with and very appreciative of the help they were given.
Fun Work place
Teller (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2019
Although the Fifth Third was fast pace environment, the team we had made everyday one to look forward to We were more than coworkers. We became family
Pros
Meeting new people often
Cons
N/a
Opportunity
Preferred Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 14, 2019
Fifth third Bank provides a truly unlimited career advancement environment. Upper management promotes from within, is responsive, and cares most about the happiness of their employees.
Easy work but very stressful environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Angola, INFebruary 13, 2019
There was a lot of turnover in the branch. The pay is good but the part time hours aren't great. They don't really care about the weather and made us come in no matter what.
Pros
pay
Cons
turnover rate
great experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2019
Well organized team ,provide a lot of work life balance. Provide a lot of work life balance. Great people at all levels of the company - It provides employees with free and paid resources to help them learn new skills and apply those in their jobs/life. It promotes diversity and inclusion in work place.
Professional
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 8, 2019
Professional company ever. they train properly and teach you everything you need to learn about your position.they help you to grow in there company and support you.
A great place to work
Service to Solutions Manager I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2019
A number of leaders are home grown within the company. Definitely support internal growth. They invest in the development of their talent and do a good job creating an inclusive environment.
Good experience for first actual job
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCFebruary 5, 2019
Enjoyed working there a little over a year that I was there. Learned a lot, and experienced a lot. Learned how to sell credit cards to some customers
Pros
Had benefits after 90 days
hiring process is easy. But the managers are something to deal with.
Item Processor and Cash Vault Teller 2 (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILFebruary 4, 2019
Great opportunity for everyone to learn about every department. They welcome you to try new things. But very hard on you about sales and bank numbers being met.
An exciting and productive work place.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INFebruary 4, 2019
It was a productive place to work. You knew your job was important, because without us people would not be able to complete their daily financial tasks.
Pros
Lunch breaks, and great co-workers
Teller
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYFebruary 1, 2019
I was a rotation employee where I worked at multiple banks being a teller. Experience was good meeting new people but some places you hated being at and others you enjoyed.
It was fine
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHJanuary 28, 2019
I had come from a mortgage company so the atmosphere was much more relaxed. For me this position was more of a waiting room because they stressed things with so much importance that did not seem to match with what they were asking of you. The job was not for me but if you enjoy the financial industry and customer service this job might be exactly what you're looking for.
good place to start off
CSR/ TELLER (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 24, 2019
working at fifth third was a good place to start if youre looking to advace your career in the banking/finances industry. I liked the working enviorment and I was a good place to start but I felt like I wasn't going anywhere and I wanted to move on to other things.
Pros
long lunches and office setting
Cons
rude customers and no room to grow
Depends on Region
RETAIL PERSONAL BANKER - SALES (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 22, 2019
Some regions are great, some are not. It all depends on where you work. Some areas are great, with a perfect work life balance, Some areas were miserable. Its better to be in a area where the work environment is not hostile, management is nothing playing with your hours, or making you lie about not working overtime, or not making you feel like you will never amount to anything with your job. Toxic environment with managers who do not know how to manage their staff, drink on the job, and threaten your life.

Be very careful when applying for Fifth Third Bank.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Politics, Managment, Work/Life Balance
Basiclly no staff.
Financial Center Manager II/Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2019
Had very little staff so as a manager I was stuck in the branch 10 to 12 a day preforming all functions and unable to do business development. Still held accountable for all numbers and all the managers received 15-20 emails A DAY to update our regional manager about any matrix sales! Could not get rid of very poor performers and or very problematic employees!
Cons
No Staff
Not Applicable
Vice President, Treasury Management Officer II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2019
I do not feel comfortable sharing this information at this time due to my ongoing job search efforts. The overall ratings should speak for themselves. Thank you.
Diverse Environment
Depositor Services Fulfillment Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2019
The bank relies on it's core values: Respect and Inclusion, integrity, teamwork and collaboration, and accountability. They see themselves as one bank.
Competitive, yet fun
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 18, 2019
I, for the most part, enjoyed working there. Competitive, but attainable. Management showed favoritism; because of interest in a fellow co-worker. Smh
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Inconsistency
Nice place to work if you enjoy frequent positions.
Deposit Review Specialist • Cincinnati, OH (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day would involve reviewing atm/mobile deposits for negotiability and fraud. I've learned that it takes a lot of focus for this type of repetitive work. Management was poor due to the turnover rate being so high. At some points we didn't even have a manager, we would just seek out any dept manager that was free. The workplace culture was great. Everyone got along well and participated in departmental events. The hardest part of the job was leaving abruptly. The department was outsourced and jobs were depleted rapidly. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the new people that came and went. It was truly a diverse place to work.
Pros
Long lunches, multiple breaks, friendly atmosphere
Cons
outsourcing, low pay, under staffed
Helpful Career Development
SALES ASSOCIATE TREASURY MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2019
The Bank consistently focuses on giving employees the ability to take trainings for career development. Monthly and / or Weekly online trainings are provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

45%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss