Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,726 reviews matching the search See all 1,736 reviews
Moving on up
BUSINESS BANKER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2018
I loved the people and clients I worked with but staffing was an issue. Lots of turnover and a very long process to hire new staff. The existing staff had to work harder and longer for due to retention.
Customer service
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 21, 2018
I felt that management just cared about selling product and being overly persistent with talking to customers about them. High pressure and less focus on customer needs.
Banking Job was good
New Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Worked for Fifth Third Bank for 7 years. I really enjoyed the fast paced job working with customers and the problems they had. Loved to see the look of happiness once problems were solved on their faces. The workplace was professional and dealt with security and everything needing to balance as the end of the day. Overall a great job.
Pros
bonus
Friendly atmosphere with supporting management team.
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Fifth Third was a great place to work, they had training programs and supportive management teams. They promote from within and were supportive and encouraging in my desire to move ahead in the company.
Pros
Benefits, training, management.
Cons
Pay was a little low.
Highly stressful. High goal enviroment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 18, 2018
Began my career as Security First Bank and then Bought our by Pacesetter Bank, then bought out by Old Kent Bank. My experience with these companies was fulfilling.
Pros
Insurance, 401K Retirement benefits
Cons
Extremely stressful.
Awesome and wonderful workplace
Basic Office Work (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 17, 2018
he quality of life in our community is important to us. We work, play and raise our families here. That’s why we’ve committed ourselves to improving lives in all the markets we serve.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Breaks
productive place to work
Sr. Report ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Good and friendly environment to work. there's room to work on employee development I enjoy working here as well but it's time for me to take up more challenging position either within or outside the bank.
stressful
Closing Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Stressful and very political environment. I advanced quickly and feel the pay was fair. When I left the company the leadership was poor. The new VP of mortgage was unprofessional and lacked people skills.
Pros
well paid
Cons
stressful
General
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2018
The checks were brought in from each branch were coded with the amount as well as account information. This was done through a specialized coding machine
Pros
hours and bonuses
not good
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
Mgmt would demand to con the customer in to getting products that was not need. inflated reports that were false and turn over was high and regularly.
Pros
pay
Cons
hostile
Positive work environment
Financial Center Manager III, AVP (Current Employee) –  South Euclid, OHSeptember 14, 2018
Assisting clients with their financial needs

Working with business partners

Manage day-to-day operations

Teamwork daily

Fun environment while getting the job done
Opportunity to learn and excel in commercial banking as long as you are willing to put in the hard work
Commercial Banker (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 13, 2018
Day started around 7 am. First alerts on client overdrafts and decision on pay or returns. Next answer all emails and from internal and external customers. Most group or dept. meeting and announcements in the mornings. Usually via teleconferences. Rest of the day in various activities designed to ensure maximum loan repayments as quickly as possible via renegotiation with clients, credit enhancement restructuring, providing guidance and terms to portfolio manager, present underwriting package to credit approval team, working with outside counsel to attorney prepared documents match credit approvals. Responsible for the closing and booking of loans. Typical day ends after 6:00 pm
Pros
Learning various industries, commercial real estate and SBA, travel
Cons
Long office hours, travel can be extensive
Family oriented environment
International Bilingual Client Advisor II Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 11, 2018
We all work towards the same goal while having consideration of individuals personal life outside of work. The ability to move within the company offers the opportunity to grow and fulfill your career goals.
Working at Fifth Third
Lease Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 11, 2018
You had manager who showed favoritism and listened to rumors instead of coming to the person. It was a very stressful job and at times it was too stressful.
No Work- Life balance
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2018
Fifth Third expected you to always be on the job. Always be selling. Handing out business cards on personal time. Opening accounts in family members and friends names.
fifth third bank
COMMERCIAL CRM BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2018
Worked a standard 9-5 M-F, held Commercial Client Specialist position as well as the administrator for CRM. Supported over seventy five individuals from local Western Michigan to the National Equip finance group.
Was good place to work for an individual but not for a female manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Was good place to work for an individual but not for a female manager. There is a lot of unconscious bias toward male management and against female management.
poor
Teller (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 6, 2018
I would not work here again. Atleast once a week, we had to operate offline. Our atm was always down. The customers in our area were entitled and rude. Customers were upset when they were identified by driver's license. bizarre?
Employee engagment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Eastgate, ohSeptember 5, 2018
Enjoy working here. Great for advancement. As long as your manager is there to help with advamcement it is unlimited within the company. Great benefits
Benefits
Cons
Manager
Fifth Third Bank has many layoffs as volume dictates.
DE Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I worked at Fifth Third Bank as a MGIC Contract Underwriter and then later as a staff underwriter. I worked on the FHA team but as volume would increase, we assisted other teams on all products.. We were cross trained for all divisions and underwrote various products for wholesale, retail and non del egated correspondent.. They did away with wholesale division. I left Fifth Third for a better opportunity at FGMC in their wholesale division.. A previous coworker highly recommended FGMC. I interviewed by phone and they made an offer the very next business day.
Pros
Being able to underwrite several products, working together with other teams to achieve the same goals
Cons
frequent layoff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight