Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,832 reviews matching the search See all 1,842 reviews
Best Company to Work for Hands Down
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
I worked at Fifth Third for over three years. During that period of time I was promoted, relocated to be closer to home and went on maternity leave. The culture within the bank and within the branches can only be described as family oriented. My team was my family and they made the day enjoyable! Career advancement is important to the managers and above. Management will go above and beyond to help you succeed in all aspects. I have nothing but great things to say about this company from an employee standpoint.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Work-life Balance, Pay is good, and work environment is fun and exciting
Cons
Still a little behind on technology advancements, but are catching up
Good company who appreciates their employees.
Financial Center Manager/ Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 19, 2018
Fifth Third is a great place to work. Management is pretty good and the training provided to you is long and tedious, but it is thorough. Fifth Third tries to do a good job at its work life balance but that can get muddled sometimes depending on where you are located. The compensation is low for the amount of work that is required of you and if you have an understanding DM then you will be fine, if not, then it will not bode well for you.
Pros
good work environment, decent benefits.
Cons
its a bank. 1 mistake and you are Fired.
Hopeful
Service to Solutions Professional I (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 27, 2018
They enamored me when I first started working at the Bank, the culture, the environment, the people. Everything was stellar. However, such is not the case once you are out of training. I do currently work as a CSR and I can say that this job is not what they present to you during interviews and training. I have little to no interaction with management, heck, I’m afraid to even go up to my manager and talk to her. Upper management likes to separate themselves as them and then us, to minuscule to be cared for. I’ve had constant issues where I do not feel comfortable going to my direct manager or upper manager. There’s only HR to go to and unfortunately you cannot find HR in this building. You’re forced to call a number, leave a voicemail, and hope you’ll get a callback. I love the job. I truly do. I love my customers but when management is poor, it makes you want to run for the hills.
Pros
lunches, benefits, schedule mailability
Cons
management
Stressful
Retail Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2018
Between keeping up with banking regulations, Fifth Third regulations, hitting your call/sit goals and production goals all while keeping up with customer demand. It is a stressful role. If you are up for a challenge and like working in a fast pace environment, being a personal banker would be a great job for you.

The most rewarding part is making a difference in someones life. Helping them with achieve peace of mind or reach a goal is the best part of the job

They have pretty good benefits and a great 401K match. Advancement can be difficult and you will need to express that you want to move up regularly and really keep your name in front of upper management to move up.
Pros
Benefits, 401K match up to 7%
Cons
work life balance, not your 9-5 job
learned behind the scenes customer service
atm adjustment specialist (Current Employee) –  cincinnati, ohDecember 10, 2018
In my current position my days are mostly the same depending on the day of the week.
I have learned a great deal about time management working in Depositor services, all tasks are prioritized and timed through a tracker. We track 450 minutes of work time, 2 fifteen minute breaks and 30 minutes for lunch. Each task has a category. We adhere to metrics and are audited monthly. We are measured both as a team and individually.
The culture at the bank is inclusive and diverse. Work/ life balance is important.
The hardest part of the job is turn over and system updates. Job turnover sometimes happens so quickly that you lose a contact and are not informed as to who their replacement is.
System updates can be frustrating because loss of access can happen in the update and is often not restored as quickly as you would like.
The benefits are really good and the willingness of the management to work with their team are the best parts. Most everyone is engaged with one another which makes a great team environment.
Pros
health care, dental ins, vision ins, vacation pay, sick pay, bank holidays off with pay
Cons
tracker, tracking all your time at work down to the minute
Not what you expect
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 21, 2018
I thought fifth third would be my last job. That I was going to make a career out of it. Boy did I think wrong! No manager for almost a year, made all these promises to move me up through the company and never happened. Was told that the customer came first and that there policy was to always sell products to the customer that would BENEFIT THEM! They care more about selling products to customers that don’t need them to make money off them. Was very unprofessional workplace and upper management definitely didn’t know what they were doing. There is favoritism among coworkers and there was never a day where gossip about other coworkers didn’t happen. Would never recommend anyone to work here. It won’t last long.
Pros
Hourly pay was great
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, unprofessional
Run away!!
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 2, 2018
Inadequate salary per job requirements, very underpaid for cost of living
-Commission structure minimal and not as promised
-Micromanagement
-No individuality or independent thought allowed
-Questioning any process is discouraged
-Highly political and coworkers competitive
-Toxic culture, high turnover, no one is happy
-High medical insurance premiums, too high % of income
-All corporate cares about are sales goals and revenue which continues to be taken away from employees as commissions keep getting reduced = no incentive to reach impossible goals

WORST JOB EVER HAD!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great Opportunities
CPS Support Technician Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2018
There is tons of room for advancement in this company. I worked in a general office setting supporting technology via telephone. They offer great benefits packages. I wish that I could have stayed with the company longer. I had home life circumstances that forced to me leave. I may look into returning in the future. The most challenging part of the job was keeping up with policies and procedures as technology advancements rolled out, sometimes documentation was obsolete. The best part was the creativity in incentive planning to motivate employees. There were multiple ways to excel and increase monthly bonus potential.
Pros
Monthly Bonus Potential, Fringe Benefits, Overtime Opportunity
Cons
Ever-Changing Environment
Depends on your branch
Teller (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 15, 2018
I was lucky to have fantastic management at my branch that was very involved, understanding, and promoted a positive and fun work place. However, pressure from the upper management was intense in terms of making sales and revenue goals and often at odds with the culture and possibilities in a given area a branch might serve.
Pros
Decent wage, lots of advancement opportunities, paid training
Cons
Poor benefits, high pressure, out of touch upper management
Fairly conservative banking culture
Vendor Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2018
Run of the mill bank with plenty of advancement opportunities IF you know the correct people. Excellent benefits, including health insurance (Go365), discounts, and concierge services.
Pros
lots of networking opportunities
Cons
consverative working culture
Very good place to start a career in banking
Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2018
I loved the job because I was looking for full time and PTO. The benefits are great, you get 10 paid days off annually just starting out. Working second shift for the cash vault doesn't work well if you have children or pets. You are likely to spend up to ten hours there daily. Per check I receive 8-10 hours OT. Management is somewhat petty. Not accommodating to workers with Mental Health issues or disabilities. They get angry when you use sick time. They do try to show employee support by hosting employee engagement (pot luck).
Pros
Employee Engagements, Overtime, benefits, paid time off
Cons
Long hours, on feet all day, overtime, not supportive of mental illness and disability workers.
Good Benefits / Too many managers
CPS Support Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 26, 2018
Fifth Third is a good place to work. Benefits are great. But the company is constantly changing their managers/employees into different configurations in order to save money. This, unfortunately, doesn't always work. It's also very difficult to get promoted based on job merit alone. If you do your job well, they KEEP you there so your boss looks good. You become a workhorse.
Pros
Benefits, Stable Company
Cons
Advancement is difficult.
Typical Corporate Job
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2018
Great company, Great work life balance with flexible schedules. . Raises were very low the most I would get was like .26 cents a year. The benefits were good.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No real room for advancement unless you live in Cincinnati which is corporate headquarters.
Disliked working for company
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2018
Not a place I wanted to work. Not a lot of business, very boring, days dragged. Not praised for any accomplishments. Did not learn much I already had experience. Management not in office much. Had 4 different managers in 1 year.
Advancement
Lead CSR (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNAugust 23, 2018
I love what I do at 5/3,but the career advancement opportunity is not there. I have been given SEVERAL empty promises and no pay raises. The higher management above FCM is unfair, judgemental and I don't believe they have strong moral support for all races.
Pros
Free checking, bonuses
Cons
No advancement
Not Living Up to the Hype
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 8, 2018
A typical work day would involve scheduled meetings, phone calls, sometimes you'd have walk in meetings. The day to day to seem to change a lot.
Learned a lot about securities and investments.
Management was lackluster.
The culture was dull not exciting.
Hardest part of the job was meeting outrageous sales goals.
Most enjoyable part was meeting new clients.
Pros
Meet new people, holidays
Cons
Woking weekends and late nights
Fast Paced Environment
Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 30, 2018
Fast Paced Environment that requires multitasking multiple projects and other tasks. Management is the luck of the draw. You could get a laid back manager that doesn't pay attention to your work as long as it doesn't affect them or you could get a micro manager that doesn't trust you to do the job. Yearly reviews are not based on the projects you have accomplished. You are ranked amongst your peers and where you rank reflects your review. Perception is reality. The hardest part working for this company is the politics within the groups. The most enjoyable part was solving problems and the satisfaction of completing projects that bring value.
Good Company
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Flatwoods, KYJune 22, 2018
Unbelievable compensation and benefits package
Branches operate on less than efficient staffing numbers
Always opportunities for advancement
Excellent work life balance
Pros
Benefits, Advancement opportunities, Work life balance
Cons
Short staff, Below average management
Its an ok company to work for
Retail Lockbox Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2018
Very good benefits compared to other companies. My area is flexible with schedules allowed for better work life balance. The area I work in the management team will reach out, listen to and implement ideas from the hourly staff.
Stressful
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  570 E Crossville Rd Roswell, GA 30076November 18, 2018
My day began with executing opening procedures, ensuring daily operations run smoothly, obtain and maintaining clients both business and personally through consultative selling skills, teaching financial literacy, assisting clients in obtaining loans,credit cards, build or rebuild credit, and build or rebuild financial portfolio.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
unstable management (High turnover rate)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fifth Third Bank.

Powered by Comparably